What's new

Pakistan Navy’s 2300 Tons OPVs launched by Damen

FrLEGF6WAAEMOfO

Pakistan Navy’s 2300 Tonnes Damen OPV 1900 corvette PNS Yarmook F-271 ..

ER8YIwCWoAE4aKz

ER8YIwFX0AMiNc4
they have named it yarmook, and yet, its just a patrol vessel. the name should have been given to a destroyer or frigate.

Fine ship btw. good to see that the navy is shaping up nicely. and doing the best it can in its limited resources.

WfF_a-VR_bigger.jpg

Pakistan Strategic Forum
@ForumStrategic

Keel laying ceremony of Pakistan Navy's Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) (Ship-2, Batch-II) held today at Damen Shipyard Galati, Romania Pakistan Navy already operates 2x Damen OPVs PNS Yarmook (271) & PNS Tabuk(272) ordered earlier as Batch-I.

Batch-II contains 2x OPVs, after completion of Batch-II, Pakistan Navy will operate 4x Damen/Yarmook Class Corvettes.

As per Pakistan Navy these ships will be multipurpose as well as highly adaptive platforms, equipped with state-of-the-art weapons & sensors to fight all domains of maritime warfare.

Earlier keel laying of ship-1 & steel cutting of ship-2 of Batch-II happened on 12th October 2022.

FuuKn4taQAEKZPH

WfF_a-VR_bigger.jpg

Pakistan Strategic Forum
@ForumStrategic

Keel laying ceremony of Pakistan Navy's Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) (Ship-2, Batch-II) held today at Damen Shipyard Galati, Romania Pakistan Navy already operates 2x Damen OPVs PNS Yarmook (271) & PNS Tabuk(272) ordered earlier as Batch-I.

Batch-II contains 2x OPVs, after completion of Batch-II, Pakistan Navy will operate 4x Damen/Yarmook Class Corvettes.

As per Pakistan Navy these ships will be multipurpose as well as highly adaptive platforms, equipped with state-of-the-art weapons & sensors to fight all domains of maritime warfare.

Earlier keel laying of ship-1 & steel cutting of ship-2 of Batch-II happened on 12th October 2022.

FuuKn4taQAEKZPH
I don't know why but I have serious feeling that there would be a batch 3 and batch four of these ships also.

its replacement of total 8 global cutters ??????
No i think these will be full fledged corvettes. The batch I were supposed to be hybrid corvette/OPV and they are probably overkill for OPV and not really great layout for corvettes. But they will do for now. These with a VLS and a layout more conducive for a better firing arc on the CIWS or even the possibility of a PDMS/CIWS are more suited for corvette role.

From my understanding the Global Cutter replacements were the 4 600t Hingol Class MPV (PMSS Hingol, Basol, Dasht and Zhobl) and the 2 1500t Kashmir Class MPV (PMSS Kashmir and Kolachi)

No i think these will be full fledged corvettes. The batch I were supposed to be hybrid corvette/OPV and they are probably overkill for OPV and not really great layout for corvettes. But they will do for now. These with a VLS and a layout more conducive for a better firing arc on the CIWS or even the possibility of a PDMS/CIWS are more suited for corvette role.

From my understanding the Global Cutter replacements were the 4 600t Hingol Class MPV (PMSS Hingol, Basol, Dasht and Zhobl) and the 2 1500t Kashmir Class MPV (PMSS Kashmir and Kolachi)
thanks for explanation sir

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom