What's new

Pakistan Navy Frigates & Destroyers Information pool

Is Pakistan going to buy stealth frigate?Just curious
why not ? their adversary already operating deadly stealth frigate and destroyer and F-22p have rcs reduction feature. In future PN might go for type54a frigate.

the Same for this Matrix guy here @hassan1
What he did I didn't see any misdeed by him.:o:

why not ? their adversary already operating deadly stealth frigate and destroyer and F-22p have rcs reduction feature. In future PN might go for type54a frigate.

What he did I didn't see any misdeed by him.:o:

Yes acting like a machine, iin past he did post always is old antike PAF picture which everyone already had seen in every section of PDF, many times told him open a extra section for vintage picture, but he does not reply or show any reaction, the same he is doing in our brother forum pakdef.org. Cant understand this idiot !

True .. but what about the main gun ? no main gun as of yet ?
In all ships of the class, the 76mm cannon is located atop the superstructure between main mast and funnel. It is controlled by that radar 'egg' atop the bridge.

Note it now also has a Phalanx CIWS (it was delivered without one fitted)

It will be interesting to see if (as soon as a Type 21 with LY-60 is retired) a SAM launcher will be mounted.

ly-60_02.jpg

1175896250.jpg

Target illumination for this SARH missile could possibly be done by the egg and/or installing the associated illuminator on the superstructure behind the main mast, where the STIR for the SM1 used to be (there is now a tripod mounted little satcom dome, but this could be relocated)

Tippu_Sultan_(D_185).jpg

The+F183+PNS+Khaibar+Tariq+class+frigates+are+ex-Royal+Navy+Type+21+Pakistan+Navy+Babur+%2528ex-Amazon%2529Shah+Jahan+%2528ex-Active%2529Tariq+%2528ex-Ambuscade%2529Khaibar+%2528ex-Arrow%2529Badr+%2528ex-Alacrity%2529Tippu+Sultan+%2528ex-Avenger%2529.jpg

SHIP_FFG-8_to_PNS_Alamgir_2010-08-31_lg.jpg

I could see a metal boxcover welded onto the deck, to cover the Mk13 base, fitted with a base ring for the LY60 launcher

yOXh8.jpg

Hahaha, check out these plastic garden chairs

PNS_ALAMGIR.jpg

Still, a system NOT requiring an designator/illuminator would be better as there is little spare space.

Landbased version of the LY-60 illuminator
LY-60-Engagement-Radar-Zhenguan-Studio-1S.jpg

STIR, as originally mounted on FFG7 ships.
440px-HMAS_Adelaide_FFG01_gun_radar.jpg

Same, from rear angle
819rnzIzaOL._SX466_.jpg

Content of the Thales/Signaal WM25 dome aka Combined Antenna System (CAS) in US parlance.
CAS.jpg

Launcher install along these lines (remaining Mk13 base is not load carrying structure)
f04855e19a6ad5d2ecf3e9d7d1b7_grande.jpg

image033.jpg

SALAM brother I need information on Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate in Pakistan navy, We were suppose to have six of these and I think we have only one so far any information is contract cancelled or delayed, and why Pakistan is not going for destroyers , an I know that they are expensive, but we can afford to buy 2 to 3 and it would strengthen Pakistan navy back bone, or surface fleet to precise , we are buy 8 submarines for china which I consider good step and numbers should not decline. Pakistan navy budget should be increased in order to increase strength of surface fleet we need long rang radar ship and ships with complete sensor suit and capabilities, and information on status of Oliver Perry-class frigate induction will be great. :-)

SALAM brother I need information on Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigate in Pakistan navy, We were suppose to have six of these and I think we have only one so far any information is contract cancelled or delayed, and why Pakistan is not going for destroyers , an I know that they are expensive, but we can afford to buy 2 to 3 and it would strengthen Pakistan navy back bone, or surface fleet to precise , we are buy 8 submarines for china which I consider good step and numbers should not decline. Pakistan navy budget should be increased in order to increase strength of surface fleet we need long rang radar ship and ships with complete sensor suit and capabilities, and information on status of Oliver Perry-class frigate induction will be great. :-)
Indian might have blocked it...

I think PN should talk to EU countries for a possible purchase of used Frigates.

Pakistan hve No destroyers! and Zumwalt Class..Seriously?It is a US Navy project and it will be in the sea in the end of 2016 and it is only avalible for Nato Allies !

They can make lot of things themselves.......look they decided to make Tanks.....they did....they decided to make missels they did......they decided to develop a fighter jet they did......they decided to develop a nuclear bomb they did.......when they decide to make a good destroyer or a frigrate......they can do so.....but Navy officers dont want.......they always go for comissions ........once a Government servent from defence ministry told my father.....Navy go for thing where more comission is......

They can make lot of things themselves.......look they decided to make Tanks.....they did....they decided to make missels they did......they decided to develop a fighter jet they did......they decided to develop a nuclear bomb they did.......when they decide to make a good destroyer or a frigrate......they can do so.....but Navy officers dont want.......they always go for comissions ........once a Government servant from defence ministry told my father.....Navy go for thing where more commission is......
Commission paid in defense deals through out the world, we should implement strict controls to cater commissions made by our officials but we can't control external lobbies. If frigates or naval assets are purchased then their will be only fewer culprits including also civil servants. It is a complex game.

Further it is easy to put responsibility on others shoulders, the Navy can only give recommendations it's ministry of defence which should be blamed first for no production in country. Further we should acknowledge that so far we don't have expertise to make certain technical parts like Radars, Ammo and especially stealth materials. We in current position may assemble frigates at best or can only build structures nothing more or less.

We need to build lot of industries along with network of scientific research institutes along with high level technical institutes as done by China and in past by USSR. The we can in true sense produce our Naval assets our selves.

Indian might have blocked it...
Like ... how?

For a decade Pakistan’s Navy has pinned hopes on acquiring surplus US Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigates to replace its six now 40-year-old ex-British Type-21 frigates. This met with some success when the Perry-class frigate McInerney was renamed Alamgir and transferred in 2011.

However, three proposed for Pakistan last fall have effectively been blocked as the proposed bill continues to languish in committee without being put to the full US Senate.

Neither Pakistan’s Defense Ministry nor the Navy replied to any request for comment on the issues surrounding the Perry acquisition plans.

Former Australian defense attache to Islamabad, Brian Cloughley, said conditions attached to their transfer “were deliberately made impossible.
US Congress Stymies Pakistani Naval Modernization Efforts | Defense News | defensenews.com

USN doesn't have any used destroyers left for sale (Retired Spruances were mostly sunk in excercieses, Burkes aren't retiring yet). Retired UK destroyers are of similar age and size as McInerney/Alamgir i.e. frigates. The only ship I could think of would be South Korea's KD2 aka Chungmugong Yi Sun-sin-class destroyer.
1920px-ROKS_Yi_SunShin_DDH-975.jpg

Sep 30th 2015 at 10:16AM

US Navy retires last Perry-class frigate
US Navy retires last Perry-class frigate

what ever happened to PNS Tariq which was a Gearing class destroyer. I was given a tour in the mid 80s of that ship. It was accompanied with PNS Badr.

Indian might have blocked
Nothing to do with India. It was Pakistan who didn't agreed to terms and conditions.

what ever happened to PNS Tariq which was a Gearing class destroyer. I was given a tour in the mid 80s of that ship. It was accompanied with PNS Badr.

Gearing class was returned back to USA after the lease was over.

No those were Brookes and Garcia Class Frigates that were returned as they were leased. Gearings of FRAM I were mostly sold for scrap and one was used as a missile target. One is being used as the floating HQ of MSA but I am not sure about this.

@Penguin
Sir aren't the South korean destroyers very new, build around 2005? If Pakistan really is willing to spend around 1 billion dollars for 1 destroyer, a new one.Then Horizon class derivatives from Italy is a must consider.

Back
Top Bottom