What's new

Pakistan Navy Frigates & Destroyers Information pool

This might be interesting to explore: acquisition of used (but upgraded) Australian OHP
The Royal Australian Navy (RAN) has decommissioned an FFG 7 Adelaide (Oliver Hazard Perry)-class guided-missile frigate.
Sydney is being decommissioned to make way for the Hobart-class guided-missile destroyers
Sydney was built by Todd Pacific Shipyard Corporation in Seattle, US, and was commissioned into the RAN in January 1983. The ship carried one 76 mm Oto Melara main gun, launchers for anti-surface and anti-air missiles, and six 324 mm torpedo tubes for submarine prosecution. Under Project SEA 1390, Sydney had also been part of an upgrade programme, including the installation of the Mk 41 vertical launching system (VLS) and the Evolved SeaSparrow Missile (ESSM).
Three other ships - Darwin (04), Melbourne (05), and Newcastle (06) - remain in service.
Australia retires Adelaide-class frigate HMAS Sydney - IHS Jane's 360

PNS Alamgir was first commissioned as USS McInerney on15 December 1979. So HMAS Sydney is 4 years younger, retains Mk13 launcher (Harpoon, Standard) and was modernized to fire SM2 (rather than SM1), and has an 8-cell Mk41 for 32 ESSM. Perhaps has less 'mileage' than comparable US frigates.
20110615ran8109938_044.jpg

HMAS_Sydney_(FFG_03)_-_2009b.jpg

I think USN can easily sell OHPs now they are going to retire about 9 of them and PN needs about 9-15 of the ASAP! Also Bahrain OHP and other OHPs from Muslim countries can easily be given to PN.

there you go :suicide2:
Thank,,, now i will be dead,,, happily ever after!!
Wont have to go n buy all the F22s and Fusion submarines and space crafts and super, no superior carrier and what not.
I am in debt to you!!

cant we just join turkish milgem prog. we really need some breathing space... we need to come out of chinese and american technology and join turks... historical ottoman turks supplied weapons to mughal turks.... soo why cant we just join that prog. and get european tech.

cant we just join turkish milgem prog. we really need some breathing space... we need to come out of chinese and american technology and join turks... historical ottoman turks supplied weapons to mughal turks.... soo why cant we just join that prog. and get european tech.
Why not combine? Chinese AK-176 aka H/PJ26 76mm, FL3000N, a pair of H/PJ17 30mm remote control cannon, some YJ-83
252822529.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

PNS Alamgir (ex FFG-8 USS McInerney) refitted with 2x4 Harpoon. Most likely taken from the now retired PNS Badr (ex HMS Alarcity). Smart , cost-effective upgrade.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

PNS Alamgir (ex FFG-8 USS McInerney) refitted with 2x4 Harpoon. Most likely taken from the now retired PNS Badr (ex HMS Alarcity). Smart , cost-effective upgrade.

True .. but what about the main gun ? no main gun as of yet ?

The Main gun is on the back side of the ship it does not need two ! The free place would be perfectly for a SAM Position !

Penguin, post: 7711324: Azmat class could well benefit from installation of one or two remote contral MANPADs stations. E.g. the Russian Gibka, the French Sadral or Simbad-RC or the Turkish BORA Naval Pedestal Mounted Air Defense System. These typically are bolted onto the deck and require no deck-penetration.

Gibka
ghibka10.jpg

IvKpUE9.jpg

032.jpg

Mistral launchers Sadral and Simbad RC
19-dsc_4247-copy.jpg

1530447_-_main.jpg

Aselsan Bora naval PMS
IMG_4139.jpg%7Eoriginal

Or swap out the front twin cannons for a mount like the Oto Melara Mod 584 MARLIN-WS and slap on some MANPADS
oto_melara_mod_584_marlin-ws.jpg

After years of observations I have reach a conclusion that Nishan and Black Hawk are not humans as most of us think they are, they are experimental "Non-learning Artificial Stupidity" software, humans however dumb eventually learn, software don't.

Thank,,, now i will be dead,,, happily ever after!!
Wont have to go n buy all the F22s and Fusion submarines and space crafts and super, no superior carrier and what not.
I am in debt to you!!

After years of observations I have reach a conclusion that Nishan and Black Hawk are not humans as most of us think they are, they are experimental "Non-learning Artificial Stupidity" software, humans however dumb eventually learn, software don't.

the Same for this Matrix guy here @hassan1

Well i would not like to attack anyone personally, still i recommend you replace that "AND" with an "OR" or a "/".
They are one and the same, i am sure.

Back
Top Bottom