What's new

PAKISTAN NAVY AND Type 022 missile boat

TOT of these boat would give an extra dimention to Pakistan Navy no doubt SPEED and destructive force combo

I think PN needs only 11-12 of the current type of FAC like Azmat but have produced only 2 of them may be because of the budget problems. We can easily add a 50/57m.m automatic gun in front of Azmat along with a Sonar on the front bottom of the vessel and torpedo tubes on the port side which would make it more deadly.

The Azmats displace 560 tons, are 63 meters (206.6 feet) long, and are armed with eight C802A anti-ship missiles (range: 180 kilometers), one 76 mm cannon and one multibarrel 30mm cannon for anti-missile defense
8 c802 AShM missile, 23mm cannon and AK630 CIWS. No 76mm gun

12997427.jpg

during Operation Python
india use
Vidyut-class missile boats and they destroy all most whole PN
So today the best way is to counter
INS Vikramaditya (R33) is Type 22 missile boats

Last edited:
PN love MRTP-33/42 and they should sell the 2 FACs to BN and invest more on getting or making MRTP-33/42 within Pakistan....

Type 022 are short ranged attack boats, with limited endurance and sea keeping. Short of wqartime, PN mainly needs patrol capabilities, which require endurance and seakeeping. IN will not put its price-carrier close to shore, considering also strike range of Su-30mki.

Although there were shortage of funds for PN but I wish if PN had gain the money at once from GoP for 12-14 of Azma class to be locally produce from start along with other vessels needed by PN.
It is locally produced.. Only 1 was built in china rest in Pakistan.

It is locally produced.. Only 1 was built in china rest in Pakistan.
Yes I know that. But PN has an over all requirement of 12-14 of Azmat Class FAC.
But I think it should have:
1 x 57m.m Main Gun
1 x 30m.m multi barrel CIWS
2 x 4 Cell AShMs
2 x 4 Cell Torpedoes Launch Tubes on each side
2 x RIBS boats
If Possible then anti submarine rockets too.

This Frigate should be 700 Tons in size.

Back
Top Bottom