What's new

Pakistan Missile Technology

I think Pakistan needs to concentrate on the economy as a first priority but as a secondary role should concentrate on developing the means to strike (if necessary) at countries that continually threaten or try to blackmail Pakistan. Such as the threats made by the USA to send Pakistan 'back to the stone age'.

Once Pakistan has the capability to strike longer range targets, then hostile forces would need to behave very cautiously with Pakistan. Pakistan can try to put current longe rage missile technology in it's Naval Fleet (i.e submarines) and get them patrolling close to potential hostile nations...this is after we have become alot more economically stronger.

Pakistan should have the ultimate detterent system...and I think it should be similiar to what the UK's Royal Navy does. They have 4 submarines with enough firepower to make any hostile power cautious/nervous.

It would be wise for Pakistan to expediate it's Space academy, Satelite launch capability and increase the civilian based 'rockets/missiles' range so that a successful space launch programme would give the Pakistan military the technical parameters and experience to build eventual long rage missiles. Our neighbour - India is doing the same with their Civilian Space programme which can be utilised for military ICBM development.

i think pak cant stop makeing new sestem why we dont make india makes new 4000km balistic missles who force him no one.

Pakistan successfully test- fires Ghaznavi Hataf-III
Updated at: 1035 PST, Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan successfully test-fired a medium range Ballistic Missile (BM) Ghaznavi Hataf-III, which was conducted by the Pakistan Army Strategic Force Command.

Caretaker Prime Minister, Mohammadmian Soomro, Chief of the Army Staff, General Ashfaq Parvez Kiyani, senior military officers and scientists were also present on this occasion.
Hataf-III Ghaznavi, a medium range ballistic missile could hit its target at 290-kilometre and it possesses the capacity to carry nuclear weapons and warheads.
President, Prime Minister and Chief of the Army Staff have felicitated the Pak Army for this successful missile test.

Pakistan successfully test- fires Ghaznavi Hataf-III

didn't they also test the motor for shaheen of ghauri 3? wonder why they didn't test the whole missile, maybe because it has a range of 3500km?

i think pak cant stop makeing new sestem why we dont make india makes new 4000km balistic missles who force him no one.

Keeping in view the pakistan’s defence strategy, which is India centric and concept of “
minimum credible deterance” it is highly unlikely that Pakistan will go for an ICBM program in near future, Developing an intercontinental ballistic missile has never been in our military strategy menu, & the reasons are known to every one.

Pak military establishment regard the ICBM capability as a strategic irrelevance to Pakistan defence strategy (Quite true infact).
An idea for 5500+ km missile program was once put forwarded in the early yrs of this decade by our defence & research organization but never got support either from the government or from the arm forces.

Instead of an ICBM the mushraf regime have focused in improving the quality & lethalness of the existing ballistic missile inventory. For the last 4 or 5 yrs Nescom and NDC are being assigned to increase the speed, range, payload, accuracy and guidance system of Hatf series missiles (smart decision I must say). Cruise missile is another area of our arm forces interest.

Unlike Pakistan India has an active ICBM development program, but a tit for tat response by Pakistan in this respect is not necessary
Keeping in view the india’s missile interceptor program, Instead of ICBM I think we must initiate ballistic Missile interceptor program at the earliest.

Pakistani missile Inventory:

Missile Description

Hatf I discontinued

Hatf II (Abdali) 200 km SRBM (Operational)

Hatf III (Ghaznavi) 290 km SRBM (Operational)

Hatf IV (Shaheen I) 700 km, SRBM (Operational)

Hatf V (Ghauri) 1300 km, MRBM (Operational)

Hatf VI (Shaheen II) 2000 km, MRBM (Operational)

Hatf VII (Babur) 700 km, Surface launched Cruise Missile(operational)

Hatf VIII (Raad) 350 km, Air launched Cruise Missile (Operational)

these old news man i want to see test of tipu sultan 5000km:pakistan:

but i read that pakistan is make ICBM tippu sultan 5000km.thats in wikipedia info .

Yeah we do need an ICBM not a 13000 km but at least a 5000 km or 4000 km bcz the Indian have developed Akash.Which can be effective against the MRBMs but will not be against the ICBM.

besides it we need long range CMs.Super sonic CMs.Sea based and air based CMs.

Back
Top Bottom