What's new

Pakistan Missile Technology

No it isn't. The best known rumour to date is that a 3500Km missile is in the R & D stage. ICBMs are generally missiles with a range of 5000km and above.

Sid said:
No it isn't. The best known rumour to date is that a 3500Km missile is in the R & D stage. ICBMs are generally missiles with a range of 5000km and above.
i tot is 8000 km above.......

Well the president is talking about going to space, and our launch pad would be compleate by next year or by early 2008. But what this has to do with missiles is that a launch pad uses the same prinicple a ICBM does. So if we have a launch pad then there is a preety high that we have ICBM's.

Thunder said:
But what this has to do with missiles is that a launch pad uses the same prinicple a ICBM does. So if we have a launch pad then there is a preety high that we have ICBM's.

What? Go back to school!

WebMaster edit: I didn't expect this from you Officer. Forum is the place to educate and share ideas with each other. If he doesn't have that much knowledge that doesn't mean that you start the personal attacks against him. I am really disappointed.

Well ICBM can have the same sort of system as typical space rocket does have.

Normally and typically ICBM carry multiple independently targetable reentry vehicles (MIRVs) each of which carries a separate nuclear warhead, allowing a single missile to hit multiple targets. I am just talking about land based ICBMs here.

http://www.mda.mil/mdalink/bcmt/images/df_31_01.jpg
A road mobile launcher

But ICBM can launched using the same method as other space rocket do.
Here's an exmple of one these:
US Titan 2 test fired in 1988

d4de62502457fa3967f638a1a964bdc6.jpg

dc73b2930316bba73dd1fc1ae1b4930a.jpg

The only question with one of these is the mobility.

US has actually scraped and recycle these Titan 2 rockets to boost sattelites in space.

Officer of Engineers said:
What has this got to do with rocket pads?

If Titan 2 has'nt launched from a rocket or similar launch pad, then whay exactly is it? I think you can clearly see that above.....
They are using the same mechanism. Obviously small rocket pads cant support such missile systems, they have to develope much stronger Launching pads as of MIRVs for a successful launch.

A Chinese DF-2 IRBM silo is now housing a DF-3 ICBM. Just because you have the launch pad that can support an ICBM does not mean you have one. To suggest so is ludicrous to the extreme.

WebMaster edit: I didn't expect this from you Officer. Forum is the place to educate and share ideas with each other. If he doesn't have that much knowledge that doesn't mean that you start the personal attacks against him. I am really disappointed.

As I stated, we're soldiers. Bluntness is a tool, just like everything else. Command Officers do not only educate but also force people to discover their own mistakes, forces them to think. Telling a person that he's wrong and why he is wrong is going to do alot less than forcing him to figure it out himself why he's wrong.

And if you think that's a personal attack, all I can say is that you have not hang around old war dogs.

As I stated, we're soldiers. Bluntness is a tool, just like everything else. Command Officers do not only educate but also force people to discover their own mistakes, forces them to think. Telling a person that he's wrong and why he is wrong is going to do alot less than forcing him to figure it out himself why he's wrong.

And if you think that's a personal attack, all I can say is that you have not hang around old war dogs.

Tell us how they talk on the battle field :devil:

We don't talk. We command. I issue a command, "ie, I need this bridge over here by this time." Either I get a go or no-go. If I get a no-go, I want to know why. If the reason is legitimate, I listen and re-evaluate. If not, I say, make do and if the sqn cmdr still thinks he can't do the job (and that is his job, to make sure a no is understood as a no, even to me), I tell him what to do. If that is still a no-go, I replace him.

Bro, i was'nt wrong, read what [COLOR=#0000]melb4aust[/COLOR] has stated above about the ICBM and a rocket having the same sort of systme. :)

We don't talk. We command. I issue a command, "ie, I need this bridge over here by this time." Either I get a go or no-go. If I get a no-go, I want to know why. If the reason is legitimate, I listen and re-evaluate. If not, I say, make do and if the sqn cmdr still thinks he can't do the job (and that is his job, to make sure a no is understood as a no, even to me), I tell him what to do. If that is still a no-go, I replace him.

I do have to agree with OOE. Most combat personnel do end up that way even in their civilian lives. My old dad ( veteran of WW2, China 1962) is that way. His Point of view was clearly presented in one or two sentences. It does help to have clarity on the battlefield. If I ask " is the sky blue?", I don't want to hear, "the grass is green"!

I hope I explained the mind set of military types!

Back
Top Bottom