What's new

Pakistan is in the process of developing its own nuclear submarine

I highly doubt the news. PN can lease a nuke submarine from China, but making one is too far in the future.

PN is working on F22P for now. It is only after these subs that PN would lease its first nuke sub from China, somewhere around 2020. Experience from the sub would need another decade. Development and research combined and the economic problems I see the first Pakistani nuke sub somewhere around 2035-2040.

Pak doesn't have a great experience of building subs. It has just started now. So its gonna take some time. Lets not get excited over unreliable news.

Jag no one will accept what you said, simple facts dont agree with many people here. They follow the simple logic that If India has it we must have it too.

Hi
Its not some thing that was adequately required however its a good news

Do you know how much a nuclear submarine cost, this was not a hateful comment but a reality check. Dont compare the capabilities of the IN with the PN, they are ages apart. Just to give you an idea about the cost of a nuclear submarine, please read -

The National Defense Authorization Act for FY 1996 preserved the third Seawolf nuclear attack submarine, though it funded SSN-23 at a lower level ($674.5 million) than the White House originally requested ($1.3736 billion). The estimated total cost for the three Seawolf class submarines is $13.1243 billion, or roughly $4.4 billion per submarine. (Source: Department of Defense Selected Acquisition Reports, Program Acquisition Cost Summary, March 31, 1996.)

The Virginia-class subs cost lower than the Seawolf, which were priced at around $1.85 billion each, the GAO found the Navy is not likely to meet that goal due to unrealistic program cost estimates. So far, the initial estimated average unit cost for the first three Virginia-class submarines is $2.1 billion.

INS Arihant cost $US2.9 billion (Rs. 13,966 Crore) and thats not including ongoing maintenance cost.

PN does not currently have the capability to logistically or financially support a nuclear submarine. If money was the only question then most countries would be maintaining one. It took the Indian navy a good 10-15 years to get the Arihant into the sea and by that standards keeping in mind IN huge logistical advantage it will take the PN atleast 10 years more to get even close to one.

As far as leasing one goes, the chances are very remote and way to many variable involved. China will not be very keen to just lease one away like that keeping in mind Pakistan's proximity to the Americans. Again even materializing a lease would take 5-10 years. Such deals dont happen overnight.

And these are 1996 estimates that included all the other cost that come with acquiring a nuclear submarine. You just dont buy one and put in into the see and forget about it. This is a god damn Nuclear Submarine not a fishing boat.

Yes and i never compared Indian navy with ours dont twist the topic around nor what i wrote lamo this and that and your unmatture laughs.. comon dude dont hate if it will happen then its good for PN honestly i don't think it will happen for several years to come and i said if they choose to make it happen cuz yes it will cost more then they can think PN that is so plzz chill out man . Yes i know all about how much they cost and about navel warfare etc i have some knowedge of it my dad is a retd PN capt and i have other family members in PN and the armed forces take a chill pill dont get so excited and get your bubble popped real quick.:D

and by the way im not reading minds, im just looking at facts. There are no surprises in store meri jaan. Its not very easy to hide Nuclear Submarines or keep any news like that away from the media.

Very true mere jaan ... lolz and no i said so its just news yaar and i stated weather its real or not. If it happens one should just not show hateful comments is what i said go back and read what you wrote how will one take it jaani.. other then that as i said PN is far away from this reailty but if it happens then we will be proud of it just like you would be for you country thats all so chill out and drink some daru:cheers: lmao :cheers:

oh guys don't be pissed alright - pakistan also have 200 B-2 and 20 squadron of f-22.

pakistan laso have 25 nuke subs and they are also the induction of new nimitz class A.C is comign soon.

now i hope everybody is happy, well since we dont need any proof , prove me bloody wrong .

its so great that - paksitan also significantly cut down on cost . by making them unintelligible :D they exist in fifth dimetion i.e alice's wonderland.

-------pfft get real guys - a nuke sub is very very big thing , and if there would be any development - it will be out as soon as they start working on it-----

oh guys don't be pissed alright - pakistan also have 200 B-2 and 20 squadron of f-22.

pakistan laso have 25 nuke subs and they are also the induction of new nimitz class A.C is comign soon.

now i hope everybody is happy, well since we dont need any proof , prove me bloody wrong .

its so great that - paksitan also significantly cut down on cost . by making them unintelligible :D they exist in fifth dimetion i.e alice's wonderland.

-------pfft get real guys - a nuke sub is very very big thing , and if there would be any development - it will be out as soon as they start working on it-----
Hi
The most Childish and immature comment so far!!

Very true mere jaan ... lolz and no i said so its just news yaar and i stated weather its real or not. If it happens one should just not show hateful comments is what i said go back and read what you wrote how will one take it jaani.. other then that as i said PN is far away from this reailty but if it happens then we will be proud of it just like you would be for you country thats all so chill out and drink some daru:cheers: lmao :cheers:

lol ill get the beer meri jaan :P my point is that yes PN can get one hypothetically but nothing in the next 5-10 alteast. PN is better off spending its money on something else with a shorter return on investment.

A nuclear submarine is many decades away from Pakistan.

We Pakistanis have developed a habit of creating a hallaballoo over nothing.

agar aik molvee ki bachee ghar say bhaag kar shaadi kar lay to hum log isay bhee yahodo-nasaara ki saazish kehtay hein.

We need to create a nuclear reactor for power generation before we have one for a submarine.

PN is taking petrol boats donated by USA. They don't have capability to build petrol boats. Subs and nuclear !!!

I am speechless. Searching dictionary for right words to express.

Yes and i never compared Indian navy with ours dont twist the topic around nor what i wrote lamo this and that and your unmatture laughs.. comon dude dont hate if it will happen then its good for PN honestly i don't think it will happen for several years to come and i said if they choose to make it happen cuz yes it will cost more then they can think PN that is so plzz chill out man . Yes i know all about how much they cost and about navel warfare etc i have some knowedge of it my dad is a retd PN capt and i have other family members in PN and the armed forces take a chill pill dont get so excited and get your bubble popped real quick.:D

meri jaan my father was in the Navy also before he took voluntary retirement so we are in the same boat :P

Hi
The most Childish and immature comment so far!!

lol prove me wrong ?????

dude i know it is childish statement but - you know people who have no clue about doctrine of paksitan navy talk about this stuff.

you see even a single respected - senior member ( who know about defense equipments ) posting anything about this sub ?

paksitan dont need a nuke sub , pakistan defense is not much based on sea . they just need to defend their main aim is to keep army - at par with india . and air force which can just handle IAF.

and i tell you they are bloody well successful in it.

paksitani army is right up there to fight with indian army . ARMY is paksitan's biggest strength.

and then air force can defend paksitan, they dont have an attack based air force agaisnt india.

and navy is most low down.

----------- and they are bloody well right because - in future there will only be battles and the battles are fought mainly between armies. --

lol prove me wrong ?????

dude i know it is childish statement but - you know people who have no clue about doctrine of paksitan navy talk about this stuff.

you see even a single respected - senior member ( who know about defense equipments ) posting anything about this sub ?

paksitan dont need a nuke sub , pakistan defense is not much based on sea . they just need to defend their main aim is to keep army - at par with india . and air force which can just handle IAF.

and i tell you they are bloody well successful in it.

paksitani army is right up there to fight with indian army . ARMY is paksitan's biggest strength.

and then air force can defend paksitan, they dont have an attack based air force agaisnt india.

and navy is most low down.

----------- and they are bloody well right because - in future there will only be battles and the battles are fought mainly between armies. --
Hi
Pakistan is making efforts to modernize Navy, f22-p, Oliver class, U-214, merlin or any Chinese, E2C-Hawk eye, Missile boats, so i wont be surprised if they are thinking about Nuclear sub are you certain Pakistan didn't initiate talks with China to lease one ever since India announced one. like i said its not something that is actually required however Pakistan tends to get on the band wagon with India more often. lemme give u a recap of certain things

India becomes a nuclear state so did Pakistan
Agni--------------Ghauri
brahmos---------Babur
phalcon---------- Eireye

I am not saying that Pakistan will develop one but Pakistan can acquire one easily though i think its not required.

Hi
\

I am not saying that Pakistan will develop one but Pakistan can acquire one easily though i think its not required.

yeh brother now u r talking , see if paksitan even have a closing deal with china about a nuke sub they will let everybody know.

more over china dont need money - that they will need to lend a sub. and giving a nuke sub to paksitan - mean that all the pakistanphobic west will get on their nerve.

paksitan dont need any nuke sub.

and if they will have anyplan and notify - we will talk about it till then lets stop these child fantasy threads. they sound rediculous without any understanding, its very simielr to threads like - paksitan plannign to have A.C ( i seen this kind of thread here ). how meaningless is those thread ? An A.C is last thing in paksitani wish list. just like a nuke sub right now. they would rather spend money on army and airforce.

Back
Top Bottom