What's new

Pakistan is in the process of developing its own nuclear submarine

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Former Pakistani officials have claimed that Pakistan is in the process of developing its own nuclear submarine and, as a stop gap measure it could lease a nuclear submarine from a friendly power, i.e., China; deploy nuclear-armed cruise missiles on its diesel submarines; and continue fissile material production for the “foreseeable future.” Another reason for a larger fissile material stockpile is Bharat’s pursuit of ballistic missile defenses. (China has raised the same point with regard to U.S. strategic missile defenses.) In 2004 the military officer who serves as director of arms control and disarmament affairs at the Strategic Plans Division argued that Bharat’s missile defense program is likely to “trigger an arms race” and that Pakistan could build more missiles and more warheads, requiring more fissile material; develop decoys and multiple warhead missiles; and move to an alert deployment posture. In 2009, India carried out its third test of a missile interceptor.

Pakistan has to respond to Bharati arms build up with Nuclear weapons.
Pakistan resists pressure on Fissile Material Treaty (FMT) | Pakistan Patriot

totally false news, such big news tend to leak out from credible sources long before they are even close to completion. Pakistan is alteast a good 10-15 years away from getting its hand even near a nuclear submarine.

And what makes you a mind reader ?? huh or do you even know what you are talking about? don't be sure of your self when the suprise comes in to play then your gov will cry to the world again. I don't think Pakistan (PN) is 10 to 15 years away in your crazy thinking perhaps a few years and again this is if they want to make these subs plzz give a rest to the hateful comments :disagree:

Pakistan's Indigenous Nuclear Submarine,.....great news.:yahoo::yahoo::victory:

oh yeh pakistan also having - space war weapons ???????

lmao ......... hahahahahah helarious provide some good proof this news sound like joke right now.

lmao ......... hahahahahah helarious provide some good proof this news sound like joke right now.

great reply.... appreciated,,,:flame::flame: (jealousy)

Others can carry on.

A part of me is bit happy but at the same time

I think we should sign NPT and try to reduce focus on nuclear technology and instead focus on solar power , and clean means of fuel for subs/energy, even if india continues to pile up weapons....

We have enough wapons already

Nuclear plants for fuel only if we can be fully part of international system so the technology can be fool proof and accident proof

i ll give pn a good 6 to7 years max to develop a nuclear sub cuz befor hand i have also herd about a new training prog in sub training to counter nuclear waste leaks ...i didnt brought it up because i had no credible source..

Only haterz make joke of them selves .. & lmao you ..don't hate act matture its just news wheather its real or not so chill out :coffee:

Last edited:
And what makes you a mind reader ?? huh or do you even know what you are talking about? don't be sure of your self when the suprise comes in to play then your gov will cry to the world again. I don't think Pakistan (PN) is 10 to 15 years away in your crazy thinking perhaps a few years and again this is if they want to make these subs plzz give a rest to the hateful comments :disagree:

Do you know how much a nuclear submarine cost, this was not a hateful comment but a reality check. Dont compare the capabilities of the IN with the PN, they are ages apart. Just to give you an idea about the cost of a nuclear submarine, please read -

The National Defense Authorization Act for FY 1996 preserved the third Seawolf nuclear attack submarine, though it funded SSN-23 at a lower level ($674.5 million) than the White House originally requested ($1.3736 billion). The estimated total cost for the three Seawolf class submarines is $13.1243 billion, or roughly $4.4 billion per submarine. (Source: Department of Defense Selected Acquisition Reports, Program Acquisition Cost Summary, March 31, 1996.)

The Virginia-class subs cost lower than the Seawolf, which were priced at around $1.85 billion each, the GAO found the Navy is not likely to meet that goal due to unrealistic program cost estimates. So far, the initial estimated average unit cost for the first three Virginia-class submarines is $2.1 billion.

INS Arihant cost $US2.9 billion (Rs. 13,966 Crore) and thats not including ongoing maintenance cost.

PN does not currently have the capability to logistically or financially support a nuclear submarine. If money was the only question then most countries would be maintaining one. It took the Indian navy a good 10-15 years to get the Arihant into the sea and by that standards keeping in mind IN huge logistical advantage it will take the PN atleast 10 years more to get even close to one.

As far as leasing one goes, the chances are very remote and way to many variable involved. China will not be very keen to just lease one away like that keeping in mind Pakistan's proximity to the Americans. Again even materializing a lease would take 5-10 years. Such deals dont happen overnight.

And these are 1996 estimates that included all the other cost that come with acquiring a nuclear submarine. You just dont buy one and put in into the see and forget about it. This is a god damn Nuclear Submarine not a fishing boat.

and by the way im not reading minds, im just looking at facts. There are no surprises in store meri jaan. Its not very easy to hide Nuclear Submarines or keep any news like that away from the media.

I highly doubt the news. PN can lease a nuke submarine from China, but making one is too far in the future.

PN is working on F22P for now. It is only after these subs that PN would lease its first nuke sub from China, somewhere around 2020. Experience from the sub would need another decade. Development and research combined and the economic problems I see the first Pakistani nuke sub somewhere around 2035-2040.

Pak doesn't have a great experience of building subs. It has just started now. So its gonna take some time. Lets not get excited over unreliable news.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom