What's new

Pakistan Hockey Beats India , wins GOLD in India

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
l_101068_042231_updates.jpg

Pakistan hockey team won a thrilling encounter against arch rivals India by 1-0 in the final of South Asian Games 2016 to clinch the gold medal in Guwahati, India on Friday night.

Owais-ur-Rehman scored the solitary but decisive goal of the match in the dying moments of the first half. After that both teams failed to score anymore goals.

India had also lost to Pakistan 1-2 in the group stages.

This is Pakistan’s third title on the trot in the South Asian Games. Pakistan had beaten India in both the 2004 and 2010 finals in Colombo and Dhaka, respectively.

- See more at: Pakistan beat India to clinch hockey gold in South Asian Games | Sports - Geo.tv

Pakistan-Flag.png

Nothing new here in Hockey and Cricket we always beat them oh and Squash ? well forget about it.

Great win Lads nothing feels better than victory over Indians.

Have to admit the fitness level is showing on the player's physique and the new shirts are amazing

guess the hockey teams have no problem playing with each other only problem is with cricket as they can't seem to be able to play against each other

425477-pak-hockey-pti.jpg

India should have performed better because they have hockey India league (HIL) which is giving opportunity to players to improve their game

While due to lack of coverage I have not seen team play often but I can tell you by comparing Pakistani players to Soccer players we produce some amazing talent

This #9 player Shakeel Abasi that used to play in previous years , this guy was so quick when I viewed his highlights I was just amazed as his blistering pace reminded me of Cristiano Ronaldo or best wingers in Soccer

Pakistan has such talent its amazing (I am not sure if he played in this game however), I think the poor guy got banned in some tournament over playing while fasting when management asked the players to drink water as its a very demanding sport etc and not fast or something
553504-ShakeelAbbasi-1369333737.jpg

Its a shame that past greats their highlights are not preserved in HD so that future generations can watch how good these players were in past generations

Players like Hasan Sardar , Kalim Ulla , Shahbaz Ahmed etc and many others

pakistan-win-m.jpg

Could not find highlights for the game but ran into Pakistan vs India Kabaddi game
Interesting find

Back
Top Bottom