What's new

Pakistan Getting MI 28 and Surface to Air Missiles from Russia?

Russians are facing hard time in competing with western products in Indian tenders.Russian Mi-28NE lost to American Apache AH-64D Block III in Indian Attack helicopter tender. Shifting to Pakistan is nice business stratagem by Russians because of absence of competition in this market.
By the way Mi-28NE is the one of the world’'s finest helicopter in terms of battlefield survivability although not as good as Apache.

Can some one please upload pictures of the other equipment named in the news report...
regards
Pantsir-S1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
800px-Bronnitsy_-_01_-_Pantsir-S1_SAM.jpg

This is the most advanced short to med range sam in russian inventory and if pakistan can get this,it surely will be a major boost to its air defence

Tor missile system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
800px-Tor-M1_SAM_%282%29.jpg

Buk missile system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
800px-Buk-M1-2_air_defence_system_in_2010.jpg

Mil Mi-28 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
800px-%D0%9C%D0%B8-28-no-balloons.JPG

Janes reported Pakistan expressed interest in mi-28. That does not yet equate to a sale. Rather, an interesting prospect.

The news says tht Russians are offering mi-28 and SAMs and that they will be briefing Pak Mil officials at IDEAS/

The news says tht Russians are offering mi-28 and SAMs and that they will be briefing Pak Mil officials at IDEAS/
Yes, I've seen that. But a briefing at Ideas doesn't mean there is a sale yet. (as in NOW, at this time, as we speak)

Very nice acquisition, Pakistan!

No agreement yet... we have shown interest and russians have offered em... we recently bought 20+ MI-35s... and were interested in MI-28s aswell... So lets see what happens..

P.S: Turks are offering us their T-129s with co-production n chinese Z-10s...

Last edited:
I grew up watching PTV news in 80's, and without any doubt all the news casters in those days used to be very professional, in comparison todays news casters especially the high pitched females sound like they forgot take out the "green hornet" before going live. if they think they sound professional, honesty they sound like sluts and I fucking hate their high pitched voice so much that I don't even watch the news anymore.

Pakistan getting Mi 28 and anti aircraft Missiles..

Back
Top Bottom