What's new

Pakistan Getting MI 28 and Surface to Air Missiles from Russia?

Mi-28.jpg

Attachments

• mi28_2.jpg
    mi28_2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 46
even if they dont offer s400 they will s300 which is also more than capable of handling indians

Russia has offered Pantsir-S1 (SA-22), Tor-M2KM (SA-15), and Buk-M2 (SA-17) surface-to-air missile systems to Pakistan. There is no guarantee that Russia will sell S-300 to Pakistan.

Russia has offered Pantsir-S1 (SA-22), Tor-M2KM (SA-15), and Buk-M2 (SA-17) surface-to-air missile systems to Pakistan. There is no guarantee that Russia will sell S-300 to Pakistan.
well there is always the good old HQ16s

Hi, I do not want to repost this article, as it has already been posted in another thread. However, I want to highlight the key point regarding Pakistan purchasing SAMs.

Pakistan Seeks To Prop Up Exports, Boost Industry | Defense News | defensenews.com

Three batteries of the China Aerospace Long-March International LY-80 surface-to-air missile system have been purchased for nearly US $226 million, with eight units of the IBIS-150 air defense surveillance radar for $40 million.

A model of an LY-80 battery was displayed, but little further information was forthcoming.

Analyst Haris Khan of the Pakistan Military Consortium think tank, who attended IDEAS2014, said the LY-80 was a “good system that looks like it will be very effective,” but does not yet know if it will be produced locally as speculated.

I really don't like the Mi-35s and Mi-28 other than for Free. Also only K-28 Alligators are something which is acceptable with license production.

I really don't like the Mi-35s and Mi-28 other than for Free. Also only K-28 Alligators are something which is acceptable with license production.
nothing is for free my friend and these beasts(mi-28 and ka-52) are state of the art

Pakistan needs Helicopters for Army, Pakistan Marines (Special forces), Navy, Anti Narcotics Force (ANF), Police.

Yes we need helicopters in large numbers dont forget we need dedicated rescue helicopters too and also few for fire birgade only army uses heli it is so sad we every year waste billions in floids but xant buy few million helis every year to minimize flood damages russia have lot more range of large heavy lifters

In my opinion, Pakistan should buy a squadron of Mi-35s as they are multipurpose, but instead of MI-28 we should look for KA-52 those are more advanced and better, but Pakistan is probably trying to secure contract with Mil because of long term parts supplying of Mi-17 helis and upgrades are also being considered. But in my Opinion, Pakistan should not buy SA-15 OR SA-17 neither pantsir S-1 air defence systems, chinese FK-1000 system is better copy of Pantsir system, better radar and more Mobile with 8x8 TRUCK mounted, also PANTSIR is double the price of Chinese FK-1000. hence more mobile to reach anywhere, and HQ-9 or FD-2000 are much better option when compared to SA-15 and SA-17 in my opinion, we should wait or negotiate for talks to acquire S-400 system if Russia is willing to sell it. Rather than spending money on SA-15 AND SA-17.

Yes we need helicopters in large numbers dont forget we need dedicated rescue helicopters too and also few for fire birgade only army uses heli it is so sad we every year waste billions in floids but xant buy few million helis every year to minimize flood damages russia have lot more range of large heavy lifters
i thik our army establishment is waiting for Z 20 aka chinese black hawk by 2018 it will be mature platform if we want helicopters in large number we can get tot and built a production line here in home

Lets take the news just as "show of interest" for now. If Russia is taking so much interest in improving its relationship with Pakistan, then Pakistan should take some steps in return. Defense purchases should be kept but i will be more happy if our relationships get roots in economic spheres. Pakistan government should give preference to Russian investors in Oil & Gas sectors, energy, mining as well as Automobile industry.

You know what, Russian cars are many times better then Japanese one. Benefit for Pakistani consumers also. And then my friends, ask Russians for Mig-35 and they will say "Haan jee...."

Russian cars better than Japanese cars ?? Please do not get carried away

Back
Top Bottom