What's new

Pakistan gaining military edge over India

Status
Not open for further replies.
:pakistan::pakistan:

Operation Dwarka

Operation Dwarka, also known as Operation Somnath, was the popular name given to Pakistan Navy's attack on the Indian coastal town of Dwarka on 7 September 1965. This was the first use of a navy in the Indo-Pakistan Wars.

As the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 broke out between India and Pakistan over Kashmir, armies and air forces of both nations were involved in bitter fighting. Pakistan was under attack in Punjab region and were locked in battles in Kashmir. To relieve pressure on the northern front, Pakistan decided to use its navy in the war by launching a quick strike on Indian coast. The primary objective of the attack was to keep Indian ships blockaded at Bombay and to destroy the radar station and other naval installations at Dwarka. The attack also hoped to divert the Indian Air Force from the north.

The attack
On the night of September 7 Pakistan Navy launched its assault on Western Indian shores. Dwarka was chosen for its proximity, (200 km from Karachi Port) less guarded port and historical relevance. The plan called for a fleet of 7 naval vessels of Pakistan to bomb the tiny town of Dwarka. It was aimed at luring the major ships anchored in Bombay to attack the Pakistan ships. The intention was that the submarine PNS Ghazi lurking in the Arabian Sea would then take out the Indian ships. Accordingly a fleet of seven ships comprising PNS Babur, PNS Khaibar, PNS Badr, PNS Jahangir, PNS Alamgir, PNS Shahjahan and PNS Tipu Sultan set sail for Dwarka and bombed the tiny town. Not all of the primary objectives were achieved. The radar installations were not destroyed with no casualties in the town but the Indian Navy's ships were kept at bay. Also a cement factory of Associated Cement Company was hit and smoke could be seen 20 km away by Pakistani ships.

Indian Navy's official version states that at around 2355 hours, the Pakistani vessels fired over the main temple of Dwarka for more than 20 minutes. The ships fired around 50 shells, which included some 5.25 inch rounds fired by the Pak cruiser Babur. It adds that most of the shells fell between the temple and the railway station, which lay 3 km from the lighthouse. No building was seriously damaged, with only the Railway Guest House suffering some minor damages. 40[1] of the unexploded shells were also recovered intact.

Pakistan claimed that the operation was a significant one, even celebrating September 8 as "Victory Day" by Pakistan Navy. Authors like Lorne John Kavic and Lowell Dittmer have noted that both Indian and Pakistani navies played no significant roles and that the "insignificant bombardment"[2] of the town was a "limited engagement, with no strategic value."[3]

Source
Operation_Dwarka

Firstly...................

What exactly are you trying to prove here???

Did I say that the Pak Navy never managed to attack Indian port/town???

The post in response to which you have posted this was meant to be an eye opener for you considering the fact that you were under the false impression that Indian navy cannot even think of a blockade of Pakistani ports....

Secondly....................

Are you actually trying to compare the small town of Dwarka with the the city of Karachi,the biggest financial hub of Pakistan,with the biggest seaport in the country??

These strikes are done not based on pure fantasy,but with the idea to unleash major damage to economy and infrastructure.Besides,even the primary objectives of Operation Dwarka were not met.....

Besides it will be it will be better,if you have a lok at your own post.I have marked some parts in blue for you......

Had it been something like an attack on the port of Bombay itself,then it would have been something in the class of the blockade of Karachi,considering,both happen to be the biggest financial hub of the two countries.But,it is not.....:tdown:

Firstly...................

What exactly are you trying to prove here???

Did I say that the Pak Navy never managed to attack Indian port/town???

The post in response to which you have posted this was meant to be an eye opener for you considering the fact that you were under the false impression that Indian navy cannot even think of a blockade of Pakistani ports....

Secondly....................

Are you actually trying to compare the small town of Dwarka with the the city of Karachi,the biggest financial hub of Pakistan,with the biggest seaport in the country??

These strikes are done not based on pure fantasy,but with the idea to unleash major damage to economy and infrastructure.Besides,even the primary objectives of Operation Dwarka were not met.....

Besides it will be it will be better,if you have a lok at your own post.I have marked some parts in blue for you......

Had it been something like an attack on the port of Bombay itself,then it would have been something in the class of the blockade of Karachi,considering,both happen to be the biggest financial hub of the two countries.But,it is not.....:tdown:

thats what i am telling you people that your dream of karachi blockade is gone and it will be your last step Pakistan can use nukes to keep the pressure off..

as far as your blue things are in they are claimed by indians and thats not true world needs proves and your army didnt provided that.....

our sea is open and we have more deep ports now so keep on dreaming....

Meri Jan, wo din gaye... Ap aisey karney ke ghalti be mat karna. :cheers:

I am very much willing to take your advice.If you think that I am a war monger then you are mistaken.I despise the idea of war.War starts when we stop acting civilized.But nonetheless,it is unfortunate to note that wars have happened between the two countries.With that post of mine I was just stating some historical facts as somebody in this forum seemed to be mistaken..

As a matter of fact,many Pakistanis seem to be mistaken and think of India as a war monger,an aggressor.I know that the educational system of Pakistan formulated at the time of Zia ul Haq has a significant role to play in this.Well,the idea is not true.We believe in the principle of live and let live.We are not obsessed with Pakistan,the way many Pakistanis are obsessed with India.We are more concerned with our own internal matters and our own development.It is better if we clear our mind off the prejudices and start to think with an open mind.

Meri Jan, wo din gaye... Ap aisey karney ke ghalti be mat karna. :cheers:

thats what i am telling you people that your dream of karachi blockade is gone and it will be your last step Pakistan can use nukes to keep the pressure off..

as far as your blue things are in they are claimed by indians and thats not true world needs proves and your army didnt provided that.....

Ni karenge yaar!!-),
Aaab to karachi janeka bhi maan nahn hei, kun ke haam ghar betheke hi karsakte hein;)

Firstly,the naval blockade of Karachi happened in 1971,after the attack on Dwarka which happened in 1965.It is not like the PN grew stronger and came back with a better reply,rather its the other way around.
And yes.. nukes... well I have gone to that point with other forum members before,you are new here..Pakistan can use nukes,but will that keep the pressure off or build such an immense pressure of the whole World upon itself that it will not be able to with stand.Also,it is not like India will respond with bamboo sticks if we ever have the misfortune to experience a nuclear attack...For your information,India went nuclear 24 years before Pakistan did...

What is this now??? Classic case of cherry picking???It was your argument.I just highlighted some parts of your own argument.And now you want me to prove the authenticity of your argument???Simply classic....I just cant help if you managed to deliver yourself a dosage of your own medicine.

Seriously,we are not dreaming to hit the ports of Pakistan.Considering the present times,there is not much to hit.The country is in a state of war itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom