What's new

Pakistan FUTURE soldier Program Ambitions

297142_459362884099139_518247202_n.jpg

I feel real improvement will be with `small COM devices`to relay battle data to command center
Soliders having ability to talk to Airforce airsupport from ground.
Soldiers having GPS like devices to pin point friendly forces locations protected
Night vision and laser sight wepons , for better output in night
Better Armor for knees and joints
Technology has to become visible more prominently

1-339x500.jpg

031411at_minidagr_800.JPG

flextrain_xctc_aar_2011.jpg

quiz.gps.iraq.02.jpg

picture.php

2-rq-11-raven.jpg

l_20mw-gun-aiming-pointer-green-laser-pointer-laser-aimin-fa2d.jpg

1308800245.jpg

What would you replace the g3 with?

G-3 will probably remain in service, Its a very good rifle, Cost effective and above all has the right calibre round. What i see is pakistani army equiping these with more attachements and scopes, Increasing the weapons effectivnes.

--------------------------------

But its a 1950s design.How can it be a future soldier platform?I'm not talking about totally replacing it as that would be prohibitively expensive.But for a part of the forces that will be slowly upgrading to Future soldier programme i think a new rifle is necessary.How about g36?The german army's succesor to the g3.I see turkey uses it,any programme on a future soldier with a new rifle?

But its a 1950s design.How can it be a future soldier platform?I'm not talking about totally replacing it as that would be prohibitively expensive.But for a part of the forces that will be slowly upgrading to Future soldier programme i think a new rifle is necessary.How about g36?The german army's succesor to the g3.I see turkey uses it,any programme on a future soldier with a new rifle?

The last time a rifle was licenced(HK MP-5).. there were massive stories and allegations of rigging between the commands left and right.
And probably true.

Moreover, the amount paid for the HK-5 licence.. its production machinery.. was laced with icing for a certain brass element.

So there is a lot of hesitance to go all out for another complete Weapon induction and not end up with vested interests(which control their own power lobbies) to end up handing the PA with a rifle equivalent of a fish.

The AK-74M is actually the better option as it is manufacture-able.. and maintainable on existing facilities.

Apart from the firearm discussion, the content of MOLLE that the soldiers carry is pertenint to this discussion. Few items that com to my mind are, C4, charge fuse (detntr), Hand held coms package, laser rangefinder, optical scope/red *** to switch on primary weapon, mre's, hand held UAV for every squad, etc.... Would like to know what are the other systems member here think should be included in the system?

Apart from the firearm discussion, the content of MOLLE that the soldiers carry is pertenint to this discussion. Few items that com to my mind are, C4, charge fuse (detntr), Hand held coms package, laser rangefinder, optical scope/red *** to switch on primary weapon, mre's, hand held UAV for every squad, etc.... Would like to know what are the other systems member here think should be included in the system?

C4 would be irrelevant to all the soldiers except perhaps the Demo teams...which in this case are the RPG-7/9 folks.
Hand held comms exist with all squad leaders in WoT ops already..and as more units are rotated.. will end up with most of the other units too. Optical scope's are now being retrofitted by the team and in some case soldiers themselves(from the stolen US stock that ends up in Pakistani Bazaars).
Rangefingers that also link up to Arty in the rear may be a good thing.
UAV Rover terminals were demonstrated to the PA but deemed to expensive to be sent out into the field.
instead.. UAV feeds are beamed to commanders only at this stage who are in direct contact with Squad leaders.

What is needed are quick med packs, that stop bleeding and keep troops alive.
Also, Thermal vision equipment for designated marksmen and breach(not omni directional) charges for the demo team are what is needed.

C4 would be irrelevant to all the soldiers except perhaps the Demo teams...which in this case are the RPG-7/9 folks.
Hand held comms exist with all squad leaders in WoT ops already..and as more units are rotated.. will end up with most of the other units too. Optical scope's are now being retrofitted by the team and in some case soldiers themselves(from the stolen US stock that ends up in Pakistani Bazaars).
Rangefingers that also link up to Arty in the rear may be a good thing.
UAV Rover terminals were demonstrated to the PA but deemed to expensive to be sent out into the field.
instead.. UAV feeds are beamed to commanders only at this stage who are in direct contact with Squad leaders.

What is needed are quick med packs, that stop bleeding and keep troops alive.
Also, Thermal vision equipment for designated marksmen and breach(not omni directional) charges for the demo team are what is needed.

I thought 1staid kits were standard with soldiers. thermal visions are a good addition, small c4's charges can come in handy during urban fire fights. The in helmet mounted eye piece that relays most of operational data to the soldiers, i am not sure what it is called can be supremely useful.

I thought 1staid kits were standard with soldiers. thermal visions are a good addition, small c4's charges can come in handy during urban fire fights. The in helmet mounted eye piece that relays most of operational data to the soldiers, i am not sure what it is called can be supremely useful.

Not the sort of Kits that would work instantly.
The first aid kit in use today is not with all troops(designated ones only) ..and is still the good old gauze,alcohol, Swab,Scissor and tape variety.
A better one would ready made "packs" of Alcohol Dabbed stick on Gauze Packs.. pain killer injections.. etc
Somewhat like what the US Soldier has.
improved_ifak_700.jpg

Well , looking the current counter Insurgency efforts the friend vs foe signitures would identify fake (soldiers) easily as these would be picked up easily.

Also any night time operations could be easily dealt with specially if we had proper units 100,000-200,000 with Night Vision visors

But GPS and Navigation in todays wars is a must its just a great advantage to know your location your friendly units location
and also share the information with command center

The individul Medical Packs are great addition but the problem I think with infantary units is that you alway try to minimize weight carried by soldiers

Soldiers carry

Weapons
Ammo
Food Packs (if that is available)
Water
Rifiles
Shot Gun
Shoulder held weapons (missiles)

Not to mention Soldier`s shoes that are quite heavy
So anything extra adds to weight

One solution is that you use a Robot (Companion) which can carry the load for you
alphadog-packmule-348x196.jpg

For Pakistan`s forces I think we cannot yet go beyond , Visors + Night Vision and perhaps a GPS + Helmet
The small (UAV could be carried by special soldiers)

Again it depends on Soldier`s fitness levels

However , usage of technology has to start appearing in our infantary units as part of modernization

Back
Top Bottom