What's new

Pakistan FUTURE soldier Program Ambitions

From my prespective , Pakistan forces are planning a major upgrade on soliders equipment and the article demonstrates what is expected

a) Enhanced weapons
b) Better Vision , information systems (Solider`s data)
c) Secured communications
d) Ability to communicate with Air units
e) Seriousness in aquiring the knowlege

:lol:

Why so serious ?

Wow,your pretty original....not

Regardless did anyone read about the part where it says that flamethrowers are being considered? That would be pretty badass when you think about it.

Wow,your pretty original....not

Regardless did anyone read about the part where it says that flamethrowers are being considered? That would be pretty badass when you think about it.

thats when I decided to take this "article" as fan based wish list.
flame throwers are thing of the past. a well "placed" phosphorus grenade thrown by hand or a launcher can do the job in a second from distance and without the risk of carrying a very volatile and heavy system itself,

this concept is meant for clearing pill boxes , bunkers and the like. on an open battle field flame thrower will be made a torch himself by the enemy from range and he will also take out rest of his platoon with him.

:lol:

Why so serious ?

its a serious business you see, once you have enhanced vision and weapons you have to stop joking because even the air units will hear what you are talking about and they might take offence

I dont see this happening for atleast a decade why? Future Soldier modernization ussually are being ordered by Nations (Mainly Western) which have small proffesional army, Consisting mainly of contracted soldiers. Since Pakistan has a huge number of Constripts this will be a waste of money equiping it to soldiers with little expierence. Thats the Reason why the TEK-ER of the Turkish Army is still not ordered yet, Turkey first aims to have a more proffesional army...

Since Pakistan has a huge number of Constripts this will be a waste of money equiping it to soldiers with little expierence.

:hitwall:
It's an all volunteer force,serving in the military is basically a tradition for some families

:hitwall:
It's an all volunteer force,serving in the military is basically a tradition for some families

Hmmm I read somehwhere that Pakistan had Consription, Must have misread... Still though you have a huge army.

the biggest change in modernisation has to come in the thinking and philosophy of war, not just the latest bag of gadgets and gizmos. if the military planners and leadership lacks the vision of the future then its soldiers will be just targets and cannon fodder.

You have hit the bulls eye with that Sir

situational awareness, battle filed overview, stealth, communication, enemy positions, surprise, out flanking , speed and the like will work when the fighting forces are adapted and trained to take advantage of that. only then these spcial body armors, sensors and secure comm links and ultra lethal weapons will show their real potential

Indeed. This is why you can see that PA has made it a priority to focus on mobility, speed and mechanization. PA right now is a fully network centric oriented organization. Every unit of PA is now fully connected through the headquarters. It has already been revealed that PA possess TS-504 Mobile Troposcatter Communications System, this has seriously added a major punch to PA's communication command and control. PA in my opinion is on the right path, they just need to shed some

looking at the Pakistani military, specially its army formations, it is a long long way to go. it seems that the planners are locked in the past just like the generals of the first world war with the mindset of the trench warfare mentality which not only resulted in unimaginable body count but also a stalemate and then utter defeat when it was rubbished by the oppsing side by the use of armour and mobility.

IA is still training to fight PA on Corps Level, this is why PA still relies heavily on numbers. The Cold Start Doctrine is still on paper, IA has not changed its command and structure to fight PA on division level. PA is taking the right steps by adding more mechanized and armoured forces to add teeth to its Strike Formations. This has been nicely accompanied by addition of new artillery and MBRLS systems. PA cannot afford to reduce numbers because we are facing an enemy that can field more than a million soldiers, we need numbers. We are not NATO that requires highly trained mobile expeditionary forces that need to be deployed half way around the world. We need to protect the Mother Land, thus for that numbers are necessary.

to be specific, I would suggest that the educational gap and IQ (bunch of all mental goodness) between commissioned officers and JCO/ NCOs and the Jawans must narrow down this is far easier to achieve than getting a dragon skin body armour or a shoulder mounted plasma cannon.

Sir for that to happen, we would need to raise up the level of education all around the country.

Except the American soldiers the modernization of literally every soldier will take place in the same time because nowadays money is not a problem unless you are Spanish or Greek .

I am pretty sure Pak Army is working on modernization of the Army. SSG is going to be the first to get modernized before the regular troops. Pak Army needs to get modernized fast, especially they need to get modern weapons for the army.

Back
Top Bottom