What's new

Pakistan FUTURE soldier Program Ambitions

our future war will be with the insurgents, pirates and terrorists
this phenomenon of Somali pirates, Al Qaeda & much less known western counter parts
technology & training will be the key to adapt to that kind of the war.

a future soldier will have to be smarter and more resourceful than our average grunt.

our future war will be with the insurgents, pirates and terrorists
this phenomenon of Somali pirates, Al Qaeda & much less known western counter parts
technology & training will be the key to adapt to that kind of the war.

a future soldier will have to be smarter and more resourceful than our average grunt.

So you give up India as your enemy ? no war with India

The question is not that the future war will be with Terrorist or Pirates or Aliens the bottom line is that all line of defence needs upgrading.

Footsoldiers , troops play an important role and they do need modernized weapons , and better ratio of success vs opponents

If 1 Pakistani soldier is equiped to bring down 30 insurgents then yes the modernization efforts have improved our soldiers capacity

I strongly feel that if Pakistan had

a) Night vision
b) Friend and foe signitures
c) Better Tactical awareness
d) Tactical communication and special units equipped with special weapons

Things such as Insurgent attacks could have been handled more swiftly

And in any case the Army has to be on level with rest of world
we can`t just update uniform and call our selves 21st century army the modernization has to be reflected in technology we use on battle field

Pakistan army can equip soldier with every gadgets but it need two most important factor need to bring in the army .
First soldier should be educated enough to know the the significance of this gadgets.
Second, every soldier need to be picked up by satellite, which communicate with air wing to avoid any casualty in friendly fire. So, Pakistan army should built a small communication satellite network. Because these UAV also need satellite system. Otherwise army have limitation during any operation. Now war is game of communication.

Oh Bhai ...........WHAT future soldier are we talking about here!!

Your average Infantry Man is currently a low paid grunt belonging to some Kot or Chak No.42 in Punjab or a Pathan from some remote rock part of KPK!!! Army gives him employment & benefits to shoot in the direction ordered & he does that without question before retiring and then getting in line as an old man for his pension or being hired by some security company as a guard on Rs.6000-Rs.7000 per month!!! During his service he looks like a starved Ethopian holding a G-3 that is as tall as he is!!! He is fed Daal and ordinary roti on permanent basis while pullao is an occasional Eid for the entire company!! He works like a dog during peace time generally doing orderly duties for the Col Sb or Major Sb from polishing shoes to fetching rotis from the local tandoor!!!

Whatever remains goes into the SSG and pose for the cameras to get photos above!!!!

So I ask again, WHAT FUTURE SOLDIER ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE?

Very true. I totally agree with you...
soldiers are not well taken care off....

Your average Infantry Man is currently a low paid grunt belonging to some Kot or Chak No.42 in Punjab or a Pathan from some remote rock part of KPK!!! Army gives him employment & benefits to shoot in the direction ordered & he does that without question before retiring and then getting in line as an old man for his pension or being hired by some security company as a guard on Rs.6000-Rs.7000 per month!!! During his service he looks like a starved Ethopian holding a G-3 that is as tall as he is!!! He is fed Daal and ordinary roti on permanent basis while pullao is an occasional Eid for the entire company!! He works like a dog during peace time generally doing orderly duties for the Col Sb or Major Sb from polishing shoes to fetching rotis from the local tandoor!!!

Whatever remains goes into the SSG and pose for the cameras to get photos above!!!!

Isn't It harm to kill someone with fire?

Really?!

The original report is old and lack of funds have slowed down the PA's plans to modernise infantry gear. The only thing I can see actually materialising apart from new comms, infantry body armour etc for deployed units is the 'mothership' - i.e. the Chinese MRAP being acquired for COIN ops.

Says who? Lets speak factually. Silly generalizations don't help.

that looks sick, almost something from a movie. Somebody's been playing too much ghost recon 4 :woot::woot:

Says who? Lets speak factually. Silly generalizations don't help.

Look at the suzuki pick up truck vehicles many of the soldiers are dispatched on. Look at the FC given inadequate equipment, lack of radios, etc.

Our jawan is no different than what you see on the horizon across South Asia. As far as what he eats and looks like is concerned, its his staple that he gets and its his genetic makeup that makes him look like an Ethiopian to those who are taken in by the Rambo muscularity that one gets inundated with in the movies. Regardless of his Ethiopian looks, he is as tough as they come. He follows orders to the letter which is better than having troops that take matters into their own hands. He is fed what he would eat in his normal life, which is daal, roti and bhaaji so why is this being mentioned derogatorily?

He certainly does not get involved in orderly duties any more in the way it used to be and the ones who used to "opt" for orderly duties did it out of their own accord as life was much easier being an orderly than when on duty in the unit.

I know your post is old but I can apply the very same reductionist approach to anything and make it look very crude and basic, but the reality here is that like all progressive armies, despite the funding crunch, there is a modernization program in place and it will take its due course.

I hope our government does not compromise the education budget for the sake of upgrading the army.

I want my children to have better education than me. Inshallah.

Look at the suzuki pick up truck vehicles many of the soldiers are dispatched on. Look at the FC given inadequate equipment, lack of radios, etc.

This thread is about the Army and not the FC. Lets stick to one issue at a time. FC is a paramilitary outfit, different budget (MoI), different priorities etc. etc.

There is no shortage of radios in the regular Army. The communications capability down to section level is well defined in terms of equipment to be allocated which includes radios.

I hope our government does not compromise the education budget for the sake of upgrading the army.

I want my children to have better education than me. Inshallah.

RangerPK, Pakistan's education budget is not eaten up by defence allocation. The single biggest outlay is the debt servicing. Its double the % of budget that gets consumed by national defence.

Back
Top Bottom