What's new

Pakistan for newbies...

Hi Karla, sure you can ask anything you like about Pakistan and islam, Armstrong and some other memebers will reply you with best of our knowledge insha'Allah.
No question is stupid question!

Hi Karla, sure you can ask anything you like about Pakistan and islam, Armstrong and some other memebers will reply you with best of our knowledge insha'Allah.
No question is stupid question!

Thanksss!! I hope so...

Right now I am writing about the province of Sindh, focusing on ethnic violence in Karachi, and Landlords... I came across the term "waderos" but I cant really find a definition of it...
anyone have an idea?! :O

Thanksss!! I hope so...

Right now I am writing about the province of Sindh, focusing on ethnic violence in Karachi, and Landlords... I came across the term "waderos" but I cant really find a definition of it...
anyone have an idea?! :O

Waderas:

Think of them as feudal landlords that operate the like the cartel bosses.

its another word for landlord in Punjabi, hindko, saraiki, sindhi and urdu :)

@Zaalim

aaaaaah I thought they were some kind of variation, like more powerful landlords or something....

funny video! in Mexico we've got own version of these type of music , Narco Corridos ...

Thanks guys :)

@Zaalim

aaaaaah I thought they were some kind of variation, like more powerful landlords or something....

funny video! in Mexico we've got own version of these type of music , Narco Corridos ...

Thanks guys :)

Well they are definitely more powerful seeing as how they buy out the police and politicians. Some even participate in politics.

Well they are definitely more powerful seeing as how they buy out the police and politicians. Some even participate in politics.

Uhmmm
So I can imagine that urban sindh (karahi and hyderabad) have ethnic violence issues... While rural sindh has 'feudal' issues?!

Hmmm is it somehow getting better or worsening?
At the end of sindh subchapter.. I would like to write something that is getting better in sindh and not only write about the issues... But I don't know what it could be...
Do you have any ideas?!

Uhmmm
So I can imagine that urban sindh (karahi and hyderabad) have ethnic violence issues... While rural sindh has 'feudal' issues?!

At the end of sindh subchapter.. I would like to write something that is getting better in sindh and not only write about the issues... But I don't know what it could be...
Do you have any ideas?!

Something getting better in Sindh?...... errrr...... hmmmmmmm....that's a tough one....let me get back to you on that....anyone else have any ideas?

It's worth pointing out that Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, one of Pakistan's foremost populist and democratic leaders, was from Sindh. He was brave enough to start Pakistan's nuclear programme in the face of dire threats from the United States.
His daughter, Benazir, became Pakistan's first woman prime minister; the fact that these two came from Sindh is the only positive thing I can come up with right now, as it happens.

Uhmmm

Do you have any ideas?!

@Secur @HRK @A.Rafay @dexter and other Sindhis help her out ! :)

@Karla M
Donkey cart race is a traditional event held in Sind Karachi.
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1422362506.639466.jpg

The fast and the furious donkeys – The Express Tribune Blog

Enjoy:p:

Something getting better in Sindh?...... errrr...... hmmmmmmm....that's a tough one....let me get back to you on that....anyone else have any ideas?

It's worth pointing out that Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, one of Pakistan's foremost populist and democratic leaders, was from Sindh. He was brave enough to start Pakistan's nuclear programme in the face of dire threats from the United States.
His daughter, Benazir, became Pakistan's first woman prime minister; the fact that these two came from Sindh is the only positive thing I can come up with right now, as it happens.

uhmm yeah that could be it, i can start with that, but they didnt change many things within Sindh, did they? ...
I want to conclude with something in Sindh might be getting better, maybe education, or industrial sector ... better management? otherwise it's going to give the impression that in Sindh all hope is lost :(

I've been trying to find ...Sindh stats but I can't!
I know last census was in 1998, but I thought there would be some kind of estimates about population nowadays

I found the Department of Sindh Population Welfare and I can't believe they don't have stats on the province... :o: it's all based on 1998 census!

if anyone knows another site fore stats in Sindh (or other province in any case...) please just let me know!

The biggest problem of Sindh is illiteracy, which is much much more here even than the war torn KPK

The biggest problem of Sindh is illiteracy, which is much much more here even than the war torn KPK

illiteracy as root of all problems in Sindh? it is way worse in rural areas, right?
I have read some stories about people doing what fake Pirs tell them to do ... is it very common? or just random stories?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom