What's new

Pakistan Flag Respect

Ahmad Abdullah Ravian

Reaction score
A Flag is a piece of fabric with a distinctive design that is usually rectangular and used as a symbol, as a signaling device, or decoration. The term flag is also used to refer to the graphic design employed by a flag, or to its depiction in another medium.

The first flags were used to assist military coordination on battlefields, and flags have since evolved into a general tool for rudimentary signalling and identification, especially in environments where communication is similarly challenging (such as the maritime environment where semaphore is used). National flags are potent patriotic symbols with varied wide-ranging interpretations, often including strong military associations due to their original and ongoing military uses. Flags are also used in messaging, advertising, or for other decorative purposes. The study of flags is known as vexillology, from the Latin vexillum meaning flag or banner.

The national flag of Pakistan was adopted in its present form during a meeting of the Constituent Assembly on August 11, 1947, just three days before the country's independence, when it became the official flag of the Dominion of Pakistan It was afterwards retained by the current-day Islamic Republic of Pakistan. The flag is a green field with a white crescent moon and five-rayed star at its centre, and a vertical white stripe at the hoist side. Though the green colour is mandated only as 'dark green',its official and most consistent representation is Pakistan green, which is shaded distinctively darker. The flag was designed by Amiruddin Kidwai, and is based on the All-India Muslim League flag.

The flag is referred to in the national anthem as Parcham-e-Sitāra-o-Hilāl in Persian (lit. Flag of the Crescent and Star). It is flown on several important days of the year including Republic Day and Independence Day. A designer named Amiruddin Kidwai studied the League’s flag, as he tried to design a flag for a new, independent nation. Finally he arrived at a design, and he presented it to Khan Liaqat Ali Khan. The Pakistan government adopted his design on August 11, 1947. The Pakistan government has pronounced rules about the flying of the Pakistan flag.

Symbolism:
The green represents the majority Muslim community in Pakistan, whereas the white stripe represents religious minorities.In the centre, the crescent and star symbolize progress and light respectively.The flag symbolizes Pakistan's commitment to Islam, the Islamic world, and the rights of religious minorities.It is based on the original flag of the Muslim League, which itself drew inspiration from the flag of the Sultanate of Delhi and the Mughal Empire in India.
Design
The official design of the national flag was adopted by the Constituent Assembly together with a definition of the features and proportions.

According to the specifications it is a dark green rectangular flag in the proportion of length [A] and width as 3:2 with a white vertical bar at the mast, the green portion bearing a white crescent in the centre and a five-pointed white heraldic star. The size of the white portion being one-fourth the size of the flag, nearest the mast, the remainder three-fourths being dark green .
Dimensions
The Interior Ministry of Pakistan provides dimensions for flags in different circumstances:
* For ceremonial occasions. 21' x 14', 18' x 12', 10' x 6-2/3' or 9' x 6 1/4.
* For use over buildings. 6' x 4' or 3' x 2'.
* For cars 24" x 16".
* For tables 10 1/4" x 8 1/4".

National flag protocols:
* No other flag must fly higher (except the United Nations flag at United Nations buildings).
* When displayed or flown alongside other national flags, the National Flag must be displayed or flown at the same height as the other national flags, never lower.
* When displayed alongside provincial, military or corporate flags, the National Flag must be higher.
* When tied to a mast, it must be tied only at the left (at the beginning of the white bar) and left to fly freely without any obstruction.
* Must not touch the ground, shoes or feet or anything unclean.
* Must never be flown in darkness.
* Must be raised at dawn and lowered at dusk (except on the Parliament of Pakistan, which is the only official building on which the flag is never lowered). When flown over the Parliament of Pakistan at night, it must always remain alit with artificial light
* Must not be marked with anything (including words or pictures).
* When raising: (i) must be saluted to by all uniformed personnel, (ii) others must stand in attention.
* Must be raised or lowered ceremoniously.
* Must never be displayed vertically.
* When displayed horizontally, the white strip must always be at the left, with green field on the right.
* Must not fly or be displayed upside down or with the crescent and star facing left.
* Must not be displayed anywhere where it is likely to get dirty.
* Must not be set on fire or trampled upon.
* Must not be buried or lowered into a grave (when burying a flag-bearing casket, the National Flag must be detached from the casket and held above the grave as the casket is lowered or removed from the casket before burial).

Well Through this Post ; I would like to discuss with my Pakistani friends and Brothers about the respect of our FLAGS and "ghandiyan " , When I was in class 6th, I read in Punjab textbook Urdu a whole Chapter for the respect of our flag and its code of use :
This great Green Flag the symbol of our Pride and Dependance , the sign of our Mother land ,the coolness of our eyes should be respected and should be given special honour, In some Government buildings the flag should be keep posted all the time ,except when the Nation face a national tragedy, where as in common places the flag should not be posted anytime without taking care!!
According to that text , in common places like Home the Flag Should only be Raised out Early in the Morning and then lowered the flag before sunset, Not like in our cities where the Flags ruins for months in sun and rain

I am always Shocked to see Ghandias flying in air in streets , floating in rain water ; if we cant care for them why do we buy them :what:

But there are still some people here who care for such things , I myself saw an old man gathering the ruined Ghandian from the mud and Placing them on a safe dry high place :)

And about me :azn: , My cousin bought me a nice flag about 15 years before , I still have it safe and sound , I don't have to buy flag every year and then waste it:hitwall::hitwall:, Every 14 August Dawn I post that Flag on a white painted rod ( purposely ) with the cord and lower it before sunset:pakistan:
:woot:

May be my Friends also Discuss how they spend this special day ,
Do they pray for Pakistan in the morning prayer , do they ask ALLAH to give them enough Opportunity and Power to serve this Country????

For god's sake, can we Pakistanis at least decide to make our flag look like one?
What are all these different kinds? different size and shapes of crescents, stars, colours, etc..

pakistaniFlag.png

0_25_pakistan1_450.jpg

14-August-Pakistan-Independence-Day-Greetings-012.jpg

Pakistan-Flag-AFP-390x252.jpg

cmimg_53395.jpg

b7708b8b8fb8bf73d1841f48e05d_grande.jpg

pakistan-hand-waving-flag-1059-p.jpg

Back
Top Bottom