What's new

Pakistan finalized Z-10ME Helicopters deal with China : Journalist Sumaira Khan

the PA test pilots said the Z10 wasn't the best but made the best memories

another words it was second choice after T129

PA wanted T129 its just a shame it didn't work out very bad

Z10 in the high altitude tests very badly
that was then.............. this is now

The max power outputs you see in the engine specs are related to emergency and take-off power. Continuous output powers and optimum operating ranges are different. So it would be very superficial to reduce this issue only to the engine output power.

Also, how did you get the idea that the T-129 was ahead by only one factor in the pre-bid evaluation process and won the tender for that reason alone? Is there a report published by Pakistani authorities on this subject or are you just getting an opinion on forum-level speculative stuff?

T-129 is a armed reconnaissance/attack platform which operative efficiency has been proven in Pakistani field tests and even in TAF military operations closely followed by Pakistani authorities, and there are no soaped figures among its specs. Whatever written in specs, it actually is. Z-10? Undoubtedly a great helicopter. I don't have any criticism about it. But when marketing the Z-10M, it's useless to underestimate the T-129.
Tell me why PA decide to buy and induct Z-10ME without any round of lengthy procurement process? Are u telling me PA induct Z-10ME just for sake of quick urgent need?

Of cos , PA need to be very confident of it's system and user experience to make such hast decision. The Chinese has upgraded the necessary need based on customer recommendation and engine problem solved.

Tell me why PA decide to buy and induct Z-10ME without any round of lengthy procurement process? Are u telling me PA induct Z-10ME just for sake of quick urgent need?

Of cos , PA need to be very confident of it's system and user experience to make such hast decision. The Chinese has upgraded the necessary need based on customer recommendation and engine problem solved.
What are the modifications been made in Z-10ME ? ...

What are the modifications been made in Z-10ME ? ...
-Engine heat signature reduce with nozzle pointing upwards.
-Sand/dust filter install on engine.
-Additional ceramic armour Install on critical point.
-Gun install further upfront to allow bigger ammo carry
-infra heat seeker missile warning
-more powerful engine install
-improve ceiling height

-Engine heat signature reduce with nozzle pointing upwards.
-Sand filter install on engine.
-Additional ceramic armour Install on critical point.
-Gun install further upfront to allow bigger ammo carry
-infra heat seeker missile warning
-more powerful engine install
-improve ceiling height
If you have engine detail? , because one of the reasons PA rejected due to less powered engine.
Analysis is more political then technical

Last edited:
At the rate the news is flowing through (lately), I won't be surprised if it turns out to be true.
The lady in the past has provided at least credible know how about Pak military stuff and looks to have some real contacts. She perhaps has basic knowledge or reveal limited info but looks much better than other so called defence analysts of Pakistan.

Sir no need of comparison between T129 and Z10 Me, it looks much clear now that in light to medium category PA will have Z10 ME and in next few years shall get heavy version of T129. Both shall play their role, more over perhaps even old Cobras may also carry on in near future though in limited numbers.

Last edited:
... than other so called defence analysts of Pakistan.
What other Defence Analysts (of Pakistan)?

Do we have any?!!

I'm sorry, but for a Nation which boosts to have one of largest Military Force in number (& Quality), you'd expect a few out there.

The closest thing to a Defence Analyst is someone who knows some. If those people were to sit on [PDF], they be lost as to what is being discussed.

Politics..., that's another story. They're dime a dozen - & then some.

What other Defence Analysts (of Pakistan)?

Do we have any?!!

I'm sorry, but for a Nation which boosts to have one of largest Military Force in number (& Quality), you'd expect a few out there.

The closest thing to a Defence Analyst is someone who knows some. If those people were to sit on [PDF], they be lost as to what is being discussed.

Politics..., that's another story. They're dime a dozen - & then some.

I strongly recommend that ISPR should move on from Hilal magazine, few dramas, collaborated movies to real world. We should have a dedicated military/defence related channel with dedicated team. We have so many ex military personnel who have titles of defence analysts but they discuss politics and other areas, some times indulge in heated discussions. They should be used for new military channel along with Sumaira Khan like few ones. The channel can effectively be used to counter both internal and external propaganda as well. It can be made commercially viable by also launching telefilms, dramas and even movies based on military subjects both Pak and foreign ones.

I strongly recommend that ISPR should move on from Hilal magazine, few dramas, collaborated movies to real world. We should have a dedicated military/defence related channel with dedicated team. We have so many ex military personnel who have titles of defence analysts but they discuss politics and other areas, some times indulge in heated discussions. They should be used for new military channel along with Sumaira Khan like few ones. The channel can effectively be used to counter both internal and external propaganda as well. It can be made commercially viable by also launching telefilms, dramas and even movies based on military subjects both Pak and foreign ones.
Wajahat Saeed Khan in the past did some interesting programs though cannot comment on quality.

If you have engine detail? , because one of the reasons PA rejected due to less powered engine.
Analysis is more political then technical
Look for WZ16 turboshaft and u can get an idea.

If the Z-10ME is coming, then the only other possible opening in the PAA is for the heavyweight type (that the AH-1Z was supposed to fill).

The fact that Turkey is using Ukrainian engines for the T929 prototype shows that they want to get that helicopter flying and in-service sooner than later. The T929 with the same engines as the Mi-17/171 could be an interesting fit.
Have you looked up Z-10ME's capability to launch drones and the information on SW6 drone.

Here SW6 drone is fitted on pylon of Z-11 but its said that Z-10ME carries same capability.

1478698192_sw6-2.jpg

Attack helicopter is the 1 defence sector Pakistan has lost ground to India in the last few years. We were historically far ahead of IA when it cames to quality/quanitity of attack helis.

First we lost the AH1Z deal which itself was a big blow. Just recent Turkish option seems to have gone down the drain as well.

At this point it makes logical sense for PA to go for newer upgraded versions of the Z10ME. A minimum of 40, while at the same continue to increase orders of MI35P from russia. There also needs to be a domestic upgrade program for the Cobras. That is one field turkey could help immediately in the short term and give us a big boost.

Attack helicopter is the 1 defence sector Pakistan has lost ground to India in the last few years. We were historically far ahead of IA when it cames to quality/quanitity of attack helis.

First we lost the AH1Z deal which itself was a big blow. Just recent Turkish option seems to have gone down the drain as well.

At this point it makes logical sense for PA to go for newer upgraded versions of the Z10ME. A minimum of 40, while at the same continue to increase orders of MI35P from russia. There also needs to be a domestic upgrade program for the Cobras. That is one field turkey could help immediately in the short term and give us a big boost.
Don't worry Indians are famous for doing crazy acts... recently AH64 made emergency landing, crew forget to remove the exhaust cover and two " alert " pilots didn't notice in their final inspection before takeoff.

1641875432686.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom