What's new

Pakistan Economic Growth rate Watch Thread

I love the Vedic times, I want one of those Ferraris from 6000 years ago which would fly inter galaxy. Where can I get one of those? Or a Cigar that would turn into an LED light after you smoke it, or the Mathematical formula which would tell people where the Vedic gold is hidden inside the earth. I want this stuff from the Vedic times. So cool!!!! I don't care if its irrelevant to you, but it sounds cool. A Vedic IPAD which had Windows 5000 on it also, and you can touch it and it would become a flying carpet. Man, you guys had it made and so technologically advanced 6000 years ago, then where the world is now. SO COOL!

No don't laugh. I used some of the Vedic mathematical formulas to calculate it. It was the same formula that your forefather used 6000 years ago in Vedic times to take that water run Ferrari to Mars and back three times on one glass of water, no gas or GPS needed. Apparently the mathematics was so advanced in Vedic times that it took the Ferrari running on Water, straight to some alien's house on Mars, where the driver of the Ferrari had dinner (Marsian food in Vedic times)? And the Ferrari took the voice command and brought the driver back to India from Mars in 30 minutes. So that formula told me the 2 Trillion is the number. Now can I have my Vedic Ferrari which would take me to Pluto for a visit every day???
but I love Chinese copy paste technology more :D

its really sad to know its mean Pakistan still have a long struggle to do -

.......Pakistan is too big to fail (google it)...it's been said and written time and time again. Growth with occur no matter what (hopefully) but the RATE at which we grow depends upon policies of the government.

We should be looking towards countries like Brazil and Indonesia...both countries have similar populations as us.

Indonesia (2013)
Population - 249,900,000
GDP - $868,300,000,000 ($868.3 billion)
GDP per capita - $3475
Growth Rate - 5.8%

Brazil (2013)
Population - 200,400,000
GDP - $2,246,000,000,000 ($2.246 trillion)
GDP per capita - $11,208
Growth Rate - 2.5%

Pakistan (2013)
Population - 182,000,000
GDP - 232,300,000,000 ($232.3 billion)
GDP per capita - $1275
Growth Rate - 4.4%

Since 1947, Pakistan has consistently had a positive GDP growth rate.

Lowest GDP growth rate = 0.5% (1971)
Highest GDP growth rate = 11.4% (1970)

# of years Pakistan grew >5% since 1961 = 26 years (out of 52 years)....

Brazil has the same population as Pakistan BUT is 10 times richer in GDP and per capita.

let me say again TEN TIMES THE SIZE OF PAKISTAN.

Indonesia is 4 times richer

Pakistan in population and GDP is far closer to Bangladesh than the heavey weights Indonesia & brazil who are both very successful nations.

they are great role models but for pakistan to grow like them would take a miracle

I wish I could understand your frustration.... If you have to face continuous humiliation on an internet forum on pretty much any topic you try you hands on, everyday life must be quite horrid...

Thus when run out of content to carry out discourse, indulge in ridiculous commentary, personal attacks, and off topic bs.

but still there is an entertainment quotient in it for the readers.

Hey dude, can you stop trolling for some time now?

I wonder who has made you TTA on a Pakistani forum?!?

The topic is about Pakistan Economic growth rate and all I see is Indians spamming this otherwise very nice thread with their useless posts.

Whether our economy will be 2 trillion or not in 12 years time is none of your concern. Just like it is none of our concern whether you'll be a super power in 2020 and have white servants.

There are countless other threads for trolling. Just for once, let Pakistanis discuss something without derailing the threads. That will be really appreciated.

Brazil has the same population as Pakistan BUT is 10 times richer in GDP and per capita.

Pakistan in population and GDP is far closer to Bangladesh than the heavey weights Indonesia & brazil who are both very successful nations.

they are great role models but for pakistan to grow like them would take a miracle

China has same population as India can you type the GDP of both countries as of now?

I am just curioius. Will be interesting to read.

Well, Brazil does happen to have huge oil reserves, and all kinds of other mineral resources. So that helps. And it's completely stable, aside from some gang bangers in Rio etc. Pakistan is different sadly. And it has little to no economic relations with it huge and booming neighbour India. Those two fact are holding pakistan back. Stability and normalization of relations with India. Aside from that, Pakistanis work very hard and could have a huge economy.

Coffee cup Indian gdp today is 2.3 trillion dollars .

China is 11 trillion

India is now the eighth largest gdp in the world.

China is second

India is now growing faster than China.

As many Pakistanis want to see an economic progress take place in Pakistan similar to that enjoyed by east asian countries during last fifty years. I would like to inform then that Pakistan cannot progress at a sustained high rate until it adopts the principles of laissez faire system. What is that system can be googled and reading a basic economic text can help understanding how only this system causes high growth.

As many Pakistanis want to see an economic progress take place in Pakistan similar to that enjoyed by east asian countries during last fifty years. I would like to inform then that Pakistan cannot progress at a sustained high rate until it adopts the principles of laissez faire system. What is that system can be googled and reading a basic economic text can help understanding how only this system causes high growth.

Not a single Asian economy has laissez faire, unless you count Singapore probably, not even then. Pakistan has three problems for why it's economy is a basket case, and none other (aside from economic policies etc). 1. Energy shortage, can't invest in a country that can't fulfill it's energy needs. 2. Internal security, although that's not a gigantic problem. Who says WAZIRISTAN needs an economic boom, they'll fall in line when the rest of Pakistan is growing. 3. No trade ties with it's booming 1.3 billion neighbour.

So yeah, fix those three, and Pakistan will be booming like crazy.

Coffee cup Indian gdp today is 2.3 trillion dollars .

China is 11 trillion

India is now the eighth largest gdp in the world.

China is second

India is now growing faster than China.

now cupcake

apply your logic to Brazil current growth rate and Pakistan growth rate.

Brazilian economy falls into recession with 1.9% contraction in second quarter

Forecast for 2015 Brazilian GDP growth falls to zero

GDP growth (annual %) | Data | Table

World Bank projects: Pakistan’s economic growth at 4.4% - The Express Tribune

now little boy run along and stop trying to stroke your ego.

@Viper0011. @Abingdonboy
Dear sir,

So how did you arrive at a 2 trillion dollar projection?

I am quite interested to know how your prophecy came about, especially when pakistan was at $51 Billion in 1993 and added 200 Billion 21 years, you seem to estimate same country adding 1750 Billion Dollars in 12 years. Your projections will need a sustained 19% growth every year for the next 12 years or am I wrong?

Which "Basic Economic principles" have led to you to add 1750 Billion dollars to a 250 billion dollar economy in 12 years?

Please do help me understand. Sincerely hoping you won't let us be devoid of your brilliant economic insight.

thanks
Unfortunately I didn't get the notification for this mention at the time, so I missed out on a good chuckle @MilSpec sir.

What @Viper0011. is saying is beyond absurd. Pakistan (by the IMF's own figures) won't become a trillion dollar economy before 2040. Even if you want to dispute this figure and look at more optimistic models- consider a growth rate of 6% over a sustained period (that Pakistan isn't even achieving today nor is it projected to meet in the immediate future) it will take at least a decade to double their GDP from $200BN to $400BN so around 2024/5 and from there $800BN by 2034/5 and then, $1 Trillion by 2037-40.

It is very simply mathematics.

List of IMF ranked countries by past and projected GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To exceed even this pretty optimistic projection Pakistan would have to grow at over 8-9% for at least a decade.

How Pakistan becomes a $2 Trillion USD economy within 12 years is beyond me and I am more than confident in saying it simply will not happen. I mean, I have seen arguments of of mighty CPEC being used as the saviour of Pakistan's economy to extravagant degrees but this is totally insane.

Many of us will be dead by the time Pakistan becomes a $2 trillion USD economy.

Unfortunately I didn't get the notification for this mention at the time, so I missed out on a good chuckle @MilSpec sir.

What @Viper0011. is saying is beyond absurd. Pakistan (by the IMF's own figures) won't become a trillion dollar economy before 2040. Even if you want to dispute this figure and look at more optimistic models- consider a growth rate of 6% over a sustained period (that Pakistan isn't even achieving today nor is it projected to meet in the immediate future) it will take at least a decade to double their GDP from $200BN to $400BN so around 2024/5 and from there $800BN by 2034/5 and then, $1 Trillion by 2037-40.

It is very simply mathematics.

List of IMF ranked countries by past and projected GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To exceed even this pretty optimistic projection Pakistan would have to grow at over 8-9% for at least a decade.

How Pakistan becomes a $2 Trillion USD economy within 12 years is beyond me and I am more than confident in saying it simply will not happen. I mean, I have seen arguments of of mighty CPEC being used as the saviour of Pakistan's economy to extravagant degrees but this is totally insane.

Many of us will be dead by the time Pakistan becomes a $2 trillion USD economy.
Bharti ignorance at it again!

Ever heard of inflation? Simple mathematics, My ***!

Back
Top Bottom