What's new

Pakistan Economic Growth rate Watch Thread

Bharti ignorance at it again!

Ever heard of inflation? Simple mathematics, My ***!
Tell that to the IMF. So inflation is going to quadruple your economy by 2027(from what it will be- around $500BN to $2TN)? Cool story....

Tell that to the IMF. So inflation is going to quadruple your economy by 2027(from what it will be- around $500BN to $2TN)? Cool story....
One does not forecast beyond 3 years, as a rule. Kid, Go learn a thing or two about economics before posting about something you dont know jack about.

And do not quote me again. I do not wish to educate your ignorant arse any further.

One does not forecast beyond 3 years, as a rule. Kid, Go learn a thing or two about economics before posting about something you dont know jack about.
So the IMF are a bunch of amateurs when it comes to economics esteemed sir? It is perfectly possible to conduct trend analysis with the amount of historical data one has available on Pakistan's (and the world's) economy and to extract a viable (within a margin of error) prediction from that.

Either way, I am not saying the IMF's forecast is gospel BUT that anyone claiming Pakistan is going to touch $2 Trillion USD in nominal GDP before 2045 is absolutely deluded- forget about within TWELVE years. Do you honestly think that Pakistan is going to add almost $1.8TN to its GDP by 2027? I mean REALLY???

Last edited:
Pakistani móronity at it again!

GDP growth in $ has component of Dollar inflation, not Rupee inflation.
So?

So the IMF are a bunch of amateurs when it comes to economics esteemed sir? It is perfectly possible to conduct trend analysis with the amount of historical data one has available on Pakistan's (and the world's) economy and to extract a viable (within a margin of error) prediction from that.

Either way, I am not saying the IMF's forecast is gospel BUT that anyone claiming Pakistan is going to touch $2 Trillion USD in nominal GDP before 2045 is absolutely deluded- forget about within TWELVE years. Do you honestly think that Pakistan is going to add almost $1.8TN to its GDP by 2027? I mean REALLY???
No it is not. Not for such a long period. Why dont you provide the link for this IMF's forecast?

I never claimed any such thing.

@Abingdonboy

I have given you one last chance. If your cannot back your claim, don't reply.

In. This world of Pakistan defense forum. Every thing is possible.

Gdp doubles in three years.
Paf pilots ate the best in the world.
Pakistan buys f35
Pakistan builds nuclear subs.

This is the fictional world of the pdf fan boys.

Just smile and wink

What claim? That Pakistan won't be a $2TN USD economy by 2027?

Listen kid and explain me this

Indian GDP witness gross increase on average of more than 15% between 2003-2007 and almost 12% between 2008-2012 while the growth rate on average was only 7-8% or even less.

Similarly as per the most latest imf report,Pakistan GDP gross increase was more than 8% despite the growth rate of only 4%.

No why is it so?

NOTE:Don't ask me for a source,find it on your own otherwise shut up

Listen kid and explain me this

Indian GDP witness gross increase on average of more than 15% between 2003-2007 and almost 12% between 2008-2012 while the growth rate on average was only 7-8% or even less.

Similarly as per the most latest imf report,Pakistan GDP gross increase was more than 8% despite the growth rate of only 4%.

No why is it so?

NOTE:Don't ask me for a source,find it on your own otherwise shut up

They are mixing real and nominal GDP growth

@MilSpec

Take turkey for example, they almost trebled their GDP between 2000-2010 but the official (real) GDP growth rate if taken to project their nominal GDP at the end would be no where near to what is required to reach that number.

Lira is kind of "unstable" currency in the world, Rupiah too. Sometimes their Government need to devalued the currency against US Dollar to make the Country industry is more competitive in export market and tourism, and then in several year after that, the currency regained their strength against Dollar, and the GDP in Dollar nominated terms is looking whooping, in which actually not as the real GDP growth is usually being measured by the Government in the Country using their own currency.

Will Pakistan's economy survive the maturity of $50bn in debt this year?

Despite improvement in the country's security situation and the economy growing at an eight-year high, Pakistan risks default as 42 percent of its foreign debt, around $50 billion, is due in 2016, reports bloomberg.

Around $30 billion is due between July and September, of which $8.3 billion will need to be in foreign currency, depleting 40pc of the nation’s $21 billion in foreign-exchange holdings. But a major part of the debt due is in local currency, which leaves the government with room to introduce more short-term instruments to leverage its current liabilities.

“Pakistan’s high level of public debt, with a large portion financed through short-term instruments, does make the sovereign’s ability to meet their financing needs more sensitive to market conditions,” Mervyn Tang, lead analyst for Pakistan at Fitch Ratings Ltd., told Bloomberg.

In 2013, a $6.6 billion loan from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) was used to make payments for previous outstanding loans and avoid a Greece-like crisis. Since then, the projected debt due by end-2016 has grown by 79pc.

At Rs13 trillion ($124 billion), 77 pc of the budget is already allocated for loan repayments this year.

A concurrent challenge is meeting IMF demands to privatise state-owned concerns, as witnessed by the strike at Pakistan International Airlines, which ended only last week.

November 2015 saw new taxes worth Rs40 billion to meet the fiscal deficit.

In a Feb 1 statement, the Finance Ministry emphasised that Pakistan is committed to successfully implementing its IMF macroeconomic stability program, while the IMF is confident; mission chief Harald Finger said there is a “quite good” chance of implementing the guidelines provided.

Despite the grim outlook, experts are optimistic. According to Fitch’s Tang, Pakistan’s external liabilities are “relatively modest,” foreign-currency reserves have risen, the IMF is ready to help meet maturing loans and Chinese investment in an economic corridor is on its way.

“Improving growth prospects, lower inflation and smaller budget deficit should help to underpin investor confidence, particularly the domestic investor base,” Tang said.

Other risks include further capital flight and currency outflows, as well as devaluation of the rupee and fluctuations in the exchange rate. According to the IMF, the rupee is already overvalued at the current rate by as much as 20pc.

Mustafa Pasha, head of investments at Lakson Investments Ltd, which manages $200 million of stocks and bonds, told Bloomberg investors should expect volatility in bonds and pressure on the rupee this year.

Although the decrease in oil prices has helped, the future remains unclear.

source: from dawn website

Pakistan's exports

Pakistan_Export_Treemap.png

Back
Top Bottom