Pakistan digging 480km long trenches near Afghan border

farhan_9909

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
10421638_837908872900256_6643048495553161798_n.jpg

By Pajhwok reporter Sep 11, 2014 - 12:19

KABUL (Pajhwok): Paramilitary troops in Pakistan’s southwestern Balochistan province are digging 480-kilometre trenches along the border with Afghanistan to check what they call cross-border incursions, a news report said on Thursday.

Roughly 235 kilometres of the trenches have been dug up and the remainder could be completed by October 30, The Express Tribune reported, saying Rs260 million had been spent on the project so far.

Col. Faheem Babar, commandant of Qila Saifullah Scouts, told the newspapers: “We want to check incursions of terrorists and smugglers into Pakistan and the trenches will help control the situation along the border.”

Troops from Zhob militia, Qila Saifullah Scouts, Naushki militia, Taftan Rifles, Makran Scouts and Dalbandin Rifles are involved in digging the trenches, each eight feet deep and 10 feet wide.

At least 70 excavators, dumpers and other heavy machines are being used. One Frontier Constabulary official said up to 70 terrorists intruded into Pakistani territory from Afghanistan near the Murgha Faqirzai area in recent weeks.

But the soldiers foiled their attempts, he added. “There was a heavy exchange of fire which also killed an FC soldier while two terrorists were also
killed.”

PAN Monitor/mud

Pakistan digging trenches near Afghan border | Pajhwok Afghan News

This should have been done long time ago. I wish we never had Afghanistan as a neighbor.

You can change friends but not neighbours,So the only possible solution is to prepare yourself for the worst(Fence,Mine the border followed by introducing visa rule) and try to have good relation with all neighbours

This should have been done long time ago. I wish we never had Afghanistan as a neighbor.

First sentence, agree with it.

Second sentence, had Pakistan made a confederation with Afghanistan after the Soviet withdrew, things would have been different now not just for Afghanistan but for Pakistan and the region in general.

With current setup , Terrorist will will thrive in Afghanistan then cross border they will jump over the trench or use a board to drive a vehicle over

I mean its 2014 folks people go over these tiny trenches

If we had a permenent base in Afganistan case closed control the region and problem makers permanently

for digging? :blink:

Now now...all scriptures say dont be bad to your neighbour :angel:
I have estimated cost of that work according to indian scheduled rate ..its 30% costlier then here(may be due to low fuel cost) ..so no problem with that fig ...but this kind of trenches can be useful in keeping elephants or other animals within preserved area ( a low solar voltage line is also required ) its not at all useful in preventing humans thats for sure ..

First sentence, agree with it.

Second sentence, had Pakistan made a confederation with Afghanistan after the Soviet withdrew, things would have been different now not just for Afghanistan but for Pakistan and the region in general.

Confederation with Afghanistan? Have you seen the state of their country and what they are capable of doing to each other? No, these Afghanis would have ruined our country and ruined the little stability that we have in it. Mine the border, fence the border, close the border. Thats my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom