What's new

Pakistan Didn't Pay a Penny for South Asia University; India Stops Midway

@US_statedept_retired

Sir the simple fact is that this Uni offers us no merit. Pakistani exchange students are regularly harrassed and beaten by uber nationalist Indians.

Pakistanis are not allowed to play cricket in Indian IPL even. The amount of racism there is out of one's imagination, especially towards Pakistanis. Considering the rape epidamic in India, its not possible to send Pakistani females to study there.

If someone can convince me that the benefits of paying for a University in India outweigh the benefits of building a University in Pakistan with that money, i'm willing to say amen to this Uni.

Other than the "rape" accusations, which is a bit of a stretch and then too accommodations could be made for the security of your female participants. Let me put this way- would you send your sister or daughter to American universities? If so, name which ones and I will give you the statics of sexual assaults in each state among those universities. Rape is crime done by criminals, and not a crime that is supported by any state against any people.

Everything else you stated is specifically why you should encourage this exchange. How do you eliminate the hurdles, misconceptions and ill advised attitudes if you put up new ones?

Last edited:
Other than the "rape" accusations, which is a bit of a stretch and then too accommodations could be made for the security of your female participants. Everything else you stated is specifically why you should encourage this exchange. How do you eliminate the hurdles, misconceptions and ill advised attitudes if you put up new ones?

With a nation which just 'elected' a leader with thousands of dead Muslims under his belt? -Do give me an idea.

With a nation which just 'elected' a leader with thousands of dead Muslims under his belt? -Do give me an idea.

Horus, you are now digressing into the old ways of thinking, my friend. Start thinking about the new Pakistan you want to have, new ways of ensuring stability and a comeback of the progressive Pakistan we had chatted about.

The PM of India is not going to issue rape or kill orders on these students. India is very big into promoting soft power as you know. If anything, I will bet you that he will use this university as a model to show the world of India's largesse.

Try something different my friend, the status quo is not working for anyone.

@US_statedept_retired

Sir the simple fact is that this Uni offers us no merit. Pakistani exchange students are regularly harrassed and beaten by uber nationalist Indians.

Pakistanis are not allowed to play cricket in Indian IPL even. The amount of racism there is out of one's imagination, especially towards Pakistanis. Considering the rape epidamic in India, its not possible to send Pakistani females to study there.

If someone can convince me that the benefits of paying for a University in India outweigh the benefits of building a University in Pakistan with that money, i'm willing to say amen to this Uni.

For the last bit of your argument, I'm certain that the benefits of building the university in Pakistan will outweigh the benefits of funding the South Asian University, for Pakistanis. However, it's clear that the idea behind SAU is that it will generate a great deal of positive externalities by increasing contacts between SAARC nations. It might be an idea worth pursuing, wherever it's located.

You're right that the experience of a Pakistani student in India will never be 100% positive. Depending on where in India they go, they might have to put up with a lot of unpleasantness (I don't include the beatings in 'unpleasantness', they were criminal). Doesn't that increase the need for this sort of interaction, so that those who are brave enough to deal with the unpleasantness can show others the way? At the institution where I did my Masters, we used to have annual exchange programs with the Lahore School of Economics and LUMS. There are schools in Delhi that have exchanges with LACAS and Aitchison College. I can bet that none of the students who went on these exchanges hate the other country.

Should have gone ahead with the universities.

Those who want to learn from there can learn.

Those who dont want ... never bother.

We already have universities with foreign students and going good.

Thats quite a bit of exaggeration. South-Indians don't care and many North Indians are nostalgic about Pakistan. We just hate Pakistani military establishment and is covert support to terrorists.

Problem is Indians hatred for Pakistanis put even normal citizens life in danger. We are not talking about RSS type Indians but everyday Indian who will not think twice before killing Pakistani civilian.

University should have been in Bangladesh or Sri Lanka.

Thats quite a bit of exaggeration. South-Indians don't care and many North Indians are nostalgic about Pakistan. We just hate Pakistani military establishment and is covert support to terrorists.

I have no idea why any Indian is nostalgic about Pakistan when 90% of Pakistan was muslim even before 1947. After that few hindu/sikhs migrated to India who are long dead by now and their kids completly Indianized.

And Pakistani muhajirs don't exactly miss hell hole that is UP/Bihar where their ancestors were forced to worship baghwans.

You sound like you are the only country which had got patent for Allah SWT. Majority of Muslims opted to stay in India rather than migrating to Pakistan.

Indians who lived in Pakistan before partition were not poor fellows. They were rich traders and landlords of Pakistan who were forced to leave their motherland due to artificial partition.

I have no idea why any Indian is nostalgic about Pakistan when 90% of Pakistan was muslim even before 1947. After that few hindu/sikhs migrated to India who are long dead by now and their kids completly Indianized.

And Pakistani muhajirs don't exactly miss hell hole that is UP/Bihar where their ancestors were forced to worship baghwans.
You

Other than the "rape" accusations, which is a bit of a stretch and then too accommodations could be made for the security of your female participants. Let me put this way- would you send your sister or daughter to American universities? If so, name which ones and I will give you the statics of sexual assaults in each state among those universities. Rape is crime done by criminals, and not a crime that is supported by any state against any people.

Everything else you stated is specifically why you should encourage this exchange. How do you eliminate the hurdles, misconceptions and ill advised attitudes if you put up new ones?

Before using the word Rape epidemic in India he should check the stats for Pakistan

Srilanka would've been ideal. We can still make a university including Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal etc.

You sound like you are the only country which had got patent for Allah SWT. Majority of Muslims opted to stay in India rather than migrating to Pakistan.

Indians who lived in Pakistan before partition were not poor fellows. They were rich traders and landlords of Pakistan who were forced to leave their motherland due to artificial partition.

You

Lol at rich landlords. Hindus were mostly low caste and few hindu khatris who are baniyas and not landlords.

Pak was dominated by muslim land lords. You are confusing Bangladesh with Pakistan.

Why can't we build it in Sri lanka without India?I mean it should be for all except indians

For those who are saying it should be in SL/BD/Nepal etc the fact is India is paying 51% of the costs. IF anyone else can aford to pay this much be our guests and build the university in your country. but ou should not expect India to pay majority of the money and have the university in some other country.

If everyone was paying an equal share then it could have made sense to shift to a "neutral" country

Back
Top Bottom