What's new

Pakistan develops smallest nuclear weapon the size of a tennis ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yara, those fabled "suitcase" bombs already had that much yield, what happened to them by the way? :blink:

I would call BS on that. Nukes are not chump change to throw around. Israel is one of the supposed developers of such a system and while the Israelis maybe very macho and all I highly doubt that their near mythical bravery extends to stuffing nukes into suitcases- besides those were like less than 1 KT rated last I checked. The soviets and the Americans did go in for very miniaturized warheads like the RA-115 (Soviet variant which was the suitcase nuke the GRU defector Stanislav Lunev mentioned) and the SADM which could be carried in a specialized backpack* (1KT yield). The real boss would have been the W82-1 artillery shell nuke with a 2 KT yield at a weight of 43 Kg or so.

http://www.nv.doe.gov/library/films/media/mpg/0800031.mpg (full video of the SADM in use)

* Pictured below- (Derived from the W54, which was used in the Davy Crockett 120 mm recoilless rifle)

SADM%28cropped%29.jpg

@Oscar Sir don't ruin our fun. Me and @Hyperion plan to create an empire over the ashes of the nuked out subcontinent and currently everything is going as per our plans- well aside from sinking Bangladesh- that part of the plan seems to be taking time. @Secur you shall join us I presume?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please send us five of these in a finely wrapped Sweet Box

India needs tennis rackets desperately to hit back tennis balls across boundary..

The core the size of a tennis ball is sufficient enough, however, the electronics, the casing (reflectors etc etc) need to be 3x dimensions in layman terms.

Well, no one has achieved that yet. Yes, if the size of the device was that of a bus, it would be possible, however, how would you have a flying bus attached to formidable power source?

ok it must be like a football

i've heard gossip (even from sem-reputable sources) that we are ate a point where can fabricate suit-case sized weapons....whether "dirty" or not I dont know.

scary thought if true - especially for those on receiving end

i've heard gossip (even from sem-reputable sources) that we are ate a point where can fabricate suit-case sized weapons....whether "dirty" or not I dont know.

There is lots of classified research going on, which would be astounding for lay people.

I don't really see the point of deploying a suitcase nuke (even if a remote possibility of pakistanis competent enough to develop it exists).

A nuke is a nuke and the people on the other side have no particular guideline on matching the "yield" of the nuke used. Any nuclear armament will likely be met with assymetricaly high yielding wepsys.

I don't really see the point of deploying a suitcase nuke (even if a remote possibility of pakistanis competent enough to develop it exists).

A nuke is a nuke and the people on the other side have no particular guideline on matching the "yield" of the nuke used. Any nuclear armament will likely be met with assymetricaly high yielding wepsys.

well the bhartis as they always do were doubting a much smaller Pakistan's capabilities only to be slapped and shocked years later

incidentally, we are not a signatory of the NPT or the No-First Use policy. So it's up in the air really.

There is lots of classified research going on, which would be astounding for lay people.

i trust em and will let them do their jobs :)

at least no more yapping about Pak's "nuke safety" by the goras --- given that our track record is cleaner than theirs, as are the mechanism we have in place to keep facilities heavily guarded (with commandos as well as spooks in the general area)

It must be. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves sounded scared.
Apart from that......

Now PA will go to war with tennis racquets. :D

LOL, India is now going to make Samosa Bomb filled with nuclear materials instead of aalo and secretly smuggle then into Pak.:laughcry:
you know radioactive samosas will be deadlier.. :mamba:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom