What's new

Pakistan developing its own S400 like system

India doesnt really have S300 just upgraded older Russian SAMs like SA2 with capabilities almost similar to S300. They share same radar and upgraded guidance units. At least this is what is claimed by Indian defense sources. Till this date there has not been a single sighting of S300 inside India.

I mean its been pretty well known that they have had them for quite a while. S-300s aren't exactly rare, the soviets sold them to everyone allied to them.

I mean its been pretty well known that they have had them for quite a while. S-300s aren't exactly rare, the soviets sold them to everyone allied to them.

Indians usually chitter chatter online about it but never actually able to prove it. Although they did contract to upgrade their older SAMs to latest standard. I am not saying they dont have it just never been in public.

Like S-400 is unlikely and its because of poor knowledge our journalists have regarding weapon systems, but there was talk about a SAM system which were being developed as @HRK pointed out, Problem with Pakistan is that we have Projects which we start and they could be very ambitious, but corruption ruin most of them.

View attachment 803845
A senior Pakistani journalist Haroon Ur
Rasheed while discussing Indian S-400 Anti-Ballistic Missile talked about Pakistan's Defence system to counter India.
He stated Pakistan has HQ-9/P which is equivalent to the S-300 Air Defense System. Pakistan commissioned HQ-9/P that has enhanced the range of Pakistan Air Defense, since then entire Kashmir is under Pakistan's Air Defense umbrella.
Yet Pakistan is working on bigger and better technology he added. He revealed that Pakistan is working on an air defense system similar to S-400. Rasheed said he is not sure when we will officially announce it but we will see it in the coming years.

Oh bhai, Haroon Rashid ki chorney ki aadat hai, even though half the time he has no clue what he is talking about.
S-400 America nhi bana paya, yeh log beth ke bana lenge?

Yeh log tv pe beth ke jahiliyat phelatey hain, tum log iss forum pe ho thorey se to educated hojao?
Pakistan might be making a better anti air defense missile than Anza MK I and MK II but equating that with S-400 makes no sense.
That system needs radars and guidance, which we have no clue about yet. We need to develop basic radar and tracking systems first.

India does not have S300 at all , what part of that does not make sense to you.
The bulk of Indian Air defense is SA3 followed by Akash and a handful Barak 8 batteries.

It sure is very likely that Pakistan can develop its own S400 like system but that would take atleast 3-5 years before the first initial battery is inducted.
Forget about 3-5 years. It takes decades to master S400 like system. Stop day dreaming.

I saw Harun Rashid on a television show, dismissing the S-400 as nothing. He said Pakistan has its own missiles like Babur, Ghazi, etc. Of course, he was comparing cruise missiles to SAMs. So I wonder about his knowledge of military equipment.

I saw Harun Rashid on a television show, dismissing the S-400 as nothing. He said Pakistan has its own missiles like Babur, Ghazi, etc. Of course, he was comparing cruise missiles to SAMs. So I wonder about his knowledge of military equipment.
Same as “Rafale hota tu yeh na hota” uninformed statements. The HQ-9 has been deployed in multiple locations and eventually there will be a follow on system as well.
Basically the arms race will get to a point where it will be ridiculously expensive for both sides to go anywhere beyond very selective skirmishes.
The conflict is geoeconomics and India has defeated Pakistan for the next 800 years there

Back
Top Bottom