What's new

Pakistan cruise missiles pose key challenge to India

Sub-sonic cruise missile are not a real threat in naval warfare. Even an aircraft can engage sub-sonic cruise missile. The anti-aircraft gun fitted on ships can bring down sub-sonic cruise missile.:sniper:

Yes, in land warfare, it is not easy to detect and depends much on the terrain. In desert area with moderate sand dunes, it can be detected but in hilly or high sand dunes areas it is harder to detect.

And I really don't know what the author was thinking while documenting this article. The TITLE of the article, doesn't match with its content. :no:

Then why r u building one ie nirbhay.:lol:

Negative, cruise missile do not pose a greater threat to India than ballistic missiles. Currently India has no means of countering Pakistan's strategic ballistic missiles, but on the other hand it can shoot down some cruise missiles by various weapons systems if detected, such as Akash SAM, Tunguska, AAAs, CIWS (land-based, if any) or interceptor aircrafts.
Cruise missiles go into the terrain hugging mode mostly in terminal phase, so unless they are very low observable (e.g. like AGM-129), they are pretty much detectable by radars and other mediums.

Yaar ap pehly khud to aik baat kro lo. Some times back u were stating that our missiles r not very good nor can cover half of india etc etc n shaheen 3 has just 3500km range n is not ready etc etc.

Now yr saying that the thread to india is not cruise but ballistic missiles.:lol:

Yaar ap pehly khud to aik baat kro lo. Some times back u were stating that our missiles r not very good nor can cover half of india etc etc n shaheen 3 has just 3500km range n is not ready etc etc.

Yaar aap apni assumptions ko side pe rakh k clearly baat ko samjha karo.

1. Yes, they are not VERY good (as per international standards), but they are reliable enough for us.
2. Yes, our current nuclear strike range is 2000 km with Shaheen-II. (calculate the Indian territory yourself).
3. Yes, rather I said Shaheen-III will have ~ 3000 km range. And it is not ready-for-testing-but-awaiting-release-of-international-pressure. The first test will be conducted as soon as the system is ready.

Now yr saying that the thread to india is not cruise but ballistic missiles.:lol:

I can't understand what you want to convey. Pakistan's ballistic missiles pose a greater threat to India because:

1. They can overwhelm BMD (current: only S-300) quite quickly and easily, because only Ghaznavis can be targeted by S-300s. But cruise missiles can be targeted by a wide range of SAM/AA systems.

2. Major chunk of nuclear weapons is based on ballistic missiles, but the nuclear cruise missiles form a very minor part of the whole Pakistani arsenal.

So simply, under the current circumstances, India has more means to counter cruise missiles than ballistic missiles. For the detection/stealth part, our cruise missiles are not that low observable as they are claimed to be. The strategy is to flush all the types of delivery systems into the war (taking out detection systems simultaneously), so that the enemy's options are diminished.

Yaar aap apni assumptions ko side pe rakh k clearly baat ko samjha karo.

1. Yes, they are not VERY good (as per international standards), but they are reliable enough for us.
2. Yes, our current nuclear strike range is 2000 km with Shaheen-II. (calculate the Indian territory yourself).
3. Yes, rather I said Shaheen-III has 3000 km range. And it is not ready-for-testing-but-awaiting-release-of-international-pressure. The first test will be conducted as soon as the system is ready.

I can't understand what you want to convey. Pakistan's ballistic missiles pose a greater threat to India because:

1. They can overwhelm BMD (current: only S-300) quite quickly and easily, because only Ghaznavis can be targeted by S-300s. But cruise missiles can be targeted by a wide range of SAM/AA systems.

2. Major chunk of nuclear weapons is based on ballistic missiles, but the nuclear cruise missiles form a very minor part of the whole Pakistani arsenal.

So simply, under the current circumstances, India has more means to counter cruise missiles than ballistic missiles. For the detection/stealth part, our cruise missiles are not that low observable as they are claimed to be. The strategy is to flush all the types of delivery systems into the war (taking out detection systems simultaneously), so that the enemy's options are diminished.
Ok sir i agress.

But why is this indian commador saying this then?
Also why r we investing in cruise missiles more n more to make then lethal.
Also india is going to procure other BMDs as well like iron dome i think,AWACS, high tech. radars of west n israel etc etc.

Is it this good enough to counter missiles that r not good enough with int. standards?

Yeah we have heard. U mean a Russian Yagnook Missile sild to India which has just 2.5 mach speed and range 290km n Babur 1 had 700km n Babur 2 has 1000++ both r operational with modifications in their original designs.
Atleast learn to spell that name..Just 2.5 mach speed?What is the speed of Babur?And by orginal design,do you mean tomahawk?:rofl:

And have u ever heard of Chinese Cruise anti ship missile that we have brought recently??
It has mach 4.5 to 5.5 speed.:rofl:

Not in its full flight path.

Then why r u building one ie nirbhay.:lol:

stop gap measure,till LRCM arrive

Guess_Livefist_SLIDE.jpg

Atleast learn to spell that name..Just 2.5 mach speed?What is the speed of Babur?And by orginal design,do you mean tomahawk?:rofl:

Not in its full flight path.

1)babur is a sub-sonic missile we dont call it a super duper hyper sonic missile like u say about Yours.
As of tomhawk:lol:
Maybe its a tomhawk but atleast we have made it ourselves n given it a range of 700 km.
But yr is just 290 km missile whose paint of Russia:lol:

As the range suggests it is following the int. rule that u cant sell a missile 300 or more range to another country.
So its a Russian Missile.

2)CM-400 AKG is good enough for u even if it is not mach 5.5 in its full flight path, where as yrs is just 2.5. Even its flight path speed is still more then just 2.5, the decrease is minor in speed during flight path.

Ok sir i agress.

But why is this indian commador saying this then?

The Indian Commodore is talking about the futuristic threat. The threat of ballistic missiles is the present reality, no one can deny that. But the threat of cruise missiles is yet to fully materialize, and is adding more poison to the mix...overall increasing the magnitude of threat by increasing variety of delivery systems.

Also why r we investing in cruise missiles more n more to make then lethal.

As I said, to add variety to the already present nuclear arsenal.

Also india is going to procure other BMDs as well like iron dome i think,AWACS, high tech. radars of west n israel etc etc.

Every Indian move will be countered, technology progresses on both sides of the border.

Is it this good enough to counter missiles that r not good enough with int. standards?

No, they are not good enough. BMDs are never good enough (at least till now).

So what did u meant when u said our BMs r not Good enough according to international standards?
I think if they can beat these advanced BMDs then they r on per with int. standards!!!

So what did u meant when u said our BMs r not Good enough according to international standards?
I think if they can beat these advanced BMDs then they r on per with int. standards!!!

A cruise missile has utilities other than being a nuclear mule too.

So we have build it in 2006.

You misunderstand. I was talking about the CURRENT Indian BMD (S-300 based). If India successfully, physically deploys an anti-SRBM to anti-MRBM level layered BMD, then Pakistan's CURRENT Ballistic Missiles will have to face a lot of problems in case of a war.

Thats where Pakistan's future nuclear delivery systems will come in.

1)babur is a sub-sonic missile we dont call it a super duper hyper sonic missile like u say about Yours.
As of tomhawk:lol:
Maybe its a tomhawk but atleast we have made it ourselves n given it a range of 700 km.
But yr is just 290 km missile whose paint of Russia:lol:

As the range suggests it is following the int. rule that u cant sell a missile 300 or more range to another country.
So its a Russian Missile.

What the heck do you know about Indian Involvement in Brahmos,and you know cr@p about MTCR:wave:

2)CM-400 AKG is good enough for u even if it is not mach 5.5 in its full flight path, where as yrs is just 2.5. Even its flight path speed is still more then just 2.5, the decrease is minor in speed during flight path.

We dont even need a MAch 0.8 cruise missile coz you doesnt even have an ABM,and when did topic of discussion become Anti Ship missile?
It is the world's fastest cruise missile in operation.[4][5] The missile travels at speeds of Mach 2.8 to 3.0.[6] The land-launched and ship-launched versions are already in service, with the air and submarine-launched versions currently in the testing phase

BrahMos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Every Indian move will be countered, technology progresses on both sides of the border.

How can pakistan counter Indian aerostats /AwaCs??

SOrry please forgive all,

as they forgot Aerostat can even detect Aliens coming from Mars and This technology is being transferred by zombies with the Help of @ISRO666 to incredible SUPER POWER INDIA.....

Cheers :smokin:

yeah,burn baby burn:devil:

8-720065.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom