Pakistan Constitution should make hijab compulsory: JI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAMK9

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
430181-hijabprotestexpressJI-1346598707-851-640x480.jpg

MULTAN: The Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) demanded on Sunday that hijab should be made compulsory in the Constitution of Pakistan to make it an obligatory element of life for all women.
More than 200 women of Multan had gathered at Nawaz Shehar Square to protest against “media campaigns targeting hijab” and announced that the JI will celebrate “International Hijab Day” every year on September 4. The protest was led by the head of JI Multan women wing, Nazima Lala Rukh.
The protesters declared media as the biggest tool used by the west against Islam and said, “Hijab is the identity of women and the media is unaware of the holiness of hijab which is helping the western hands.”
The protesting women were wearing veils and were covered from head to toe beyond recognition. They declared that this was the right way of doing hijab which is compulsory for all Muslim women in the world.
The women were also carrying placards and banners against the western community, blaming the media for being their agent and supporters.
The protest continued for two hours.
The JI has planned to organise special seminars in women institutions all across Pakistan to teach women about the importance and compulsion of hijab to commemorate Hijab Day.
Pakistan Constitution should make hijab compulsory: JI – The Express Tribune
how ironic, they are holding a banner that says 'hijab is my pride, not compulsion' and they want to make it a law, idiots want to destroy pakistan, i request the government to ship these lunatics to saudi arabia before they destroy our society.

Unless we manage to pull of another Zia Ul Haq - these laws will never be passed ! An insanely large majority of women don't wear the Hijab in Pakistan; in fact, if anecdotal evidence is anything to go by, in my family only 3 women wear it ! One is married to a bearded bufoooon who thinks Arabic should be made Pakistan's official language and Facebook and Twitter are haram, whereas the other two are ladies in their early 70s who had a bout of a strange religious awakening after the death's of their husbands.

Nobody can be forced to "Do" something. The constitution is pretty fu**ed up as it is, there's no need to ruin it further and try to implement a theocratic system in Pakistan because I assure you, if a theocracy is established then the very people that established it will be running from their Frankenstein.

Are they gone nuts? Hijab, Beard, Topi(Islamic cap) should be choice of every indivisual, not compulsion.

You criticize France for banning Hijab & force it in Pakistan, they are liberal exteremists & you are religious exteremists.

Unless we manage to pull of another Zia Ul Haq - these laws will never be passed ! An insanely large majority of women don't wear the Hijab in Pakistan; in fact, if anecdotal evidence is anything to go by, in my family only 3 women wear it ! One is married to a bearded bufoooon who thinks Arabic should be made Pakistan's official language and Facebook and Twitter are haram, whereas the other two are ladies in their early 70s who had a bout of a strange religious awakening after the death's of their husbands.

I like that guy, say hello to him.:thinktank:

Best not to discuss such issues on PDF.

Many things are going on in Pakistan which aren't worth being discussed on PDF. We know the end is not going to be like this, so why waste time and effort on the forum?

dnt know about hijab but dressing code should be implemented baning jeans, shorts, sleeveless, backless, shoulderless for ladies.. Whom dont agree should open Quran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom