What's new

Pakistan conducts successful training launch of surface to surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi

Yep, the fly is staying dead.

Warhead is ~700kg HE/NE, not MIRV
CEP is probably ~300m.

Edit: The M-11 which this is probably based off, has a CEP of 500m, and the M-11A (with GPS) has a CEP of 20-30m. I don't know if Pakistan upgraded Ghaznavi in any such way.

Small winglets at base of warhead are for within atmosphere maneuvering. With beiddu / GPS guidence it shud be fairly accurate enough for conventional strikes.

Plus if the warhead is rigged for maneuvering one can rest assure it has terminal guidance systems other wise whole point will b mute.

This looks like very accurate setup

Last edited:
Yep, the fly is staying dead.
Warhead is ~700kg HE/NE, not MIRV
CEP is probably ~300m.

Thanks! 👍
Not bad ! A 20 kT Hiroshima style W85 wallop, will flatten anything. My apologies for the confusion
Was referring to MARV instead of MIRV.

Edit: The M-11 which this is probably based off, has a CEP of 500m, and the M-11A (with GPS) has a CEP of 20-30m. I don't know if Pakistan upgraded Ghaznavi in any such way.

If it is carrying HE warheads ( a waste really ) then a 20-30 m CEP would be useful.

Outstanding news, and zapper the troll has nothing better to do in life then troll and hate all he does is lol at anything regarding towards Pakistan get a life bro lmao.

Last edited:
Great to see the developments.

probably a training launch

RAWALPINDI – Pakistan on Wednesday conducted a successful training launch of surface-to-surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi, said military’s media wing.

According to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the missile is capable of delivering nuclear and conventional warheads up to a range of 290 kilometers.

Earlier this month, Pakistan conducted successful flight test of Shaheen-3, a surface-to- surface ballistic missile, having range of 2750 Kilometers, reported ISPR on Wednesday.

The test aimed at revalidating “various design & tech parameters of weapon system,” said the official statement.

President Arif Alvi, Prime Minister Imran Khan, CJCSC & Services Chiefs have congratulated scientists and engineers

Link: https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/03-...ng-launch-of-ghaznavi-ballistic-missile-video
is it just me or does the Ghaznavi seem to be a heck of a lot faster than previous tests? wonder if they tested a new type of a solid rocket fuel or maybe the body of the missile is build out of lighter, composite materials...maybe both.

Speed looks fast to me than previous version of Ghaznavi test.
yeah Ib know right? almost as it's a hyper sonic missile and that's just when it's taking off. I believe this is a 2 stage missile, can someone confirm?

great news, only 300 km? with its size it must have a range of 2000 km at least. but that's the reality you have a good air force so you are not as dependent on missiles as your neighbor.

yeah Ib know right? almost as it's a hyper sonic missile and that's just when it's taking off. I believe this is a 2 stage missile, can someone confirm?
it was launched in annual field training exercise so doubt it was tested for anything new .... as the current missile launch seems is conducted by operational unit of Ghaznavi Missile with PA

great news, only 300 km? with its size it must have a range of 2000 km at least. but that's the reality you have a good air force so you are not as dependent on missiles as your neighbor.
its basically a long distance tactical battle field missile. And if you are referring to yourself as our neighbor then I'm sure that both us and China would be more than happy to sell JF-17s to you in large numbers along with Chinese AWACS. that combo plus the existing fleet of Iranian SU-27s is sure to give the isrealis and the saudis severe stomach cramps and uncontrollable dysenteries.

It'll be interesting if we build a new family of TRBMs from the Nasr and/or Fatah-line. I believe Nasr at least has some kind of maneuverability element (not sure if its warhead or missile). It'd be amazing if we could get our own Iskander-type BM using that work. @SQ8 @JamD
I would not discount the Ghaznavi system for its capabilities.

Every missile has a shelf life, after which it requires re-fueling and after refueling you do a test launch besides the engine test that happens in labs. Meanwhile the research on fuel also continues and every new batch might be refueled with newer fuel mix that may enhance the shelf life, speed and range.

Back
Top Bottom