What's new

Pakistan conducts succesful test-fire of Hatf-VIII Ra'ad ALCM

Raa'd doesn't requires a boost because it is just launched by an aircraft...it doesnt makes a difference!

I doubt if the missile is longer, except the minor changes in airframe.

Ra'ad is now ready for production.

Well i hope for the best. :tup:

Since its gifted with an engine/nozzel, The flight path can be controlled and they should try to make better use of it.

Guys, i am no expert in the technical giz mos but there is no doubt in guessing that the new Ra'ad is a stretched version.

Hope our own PDF Missile man, dear Oscar can shed some light on the issue.

on ToI there were 614 comments about this test..... how obsessed they are.

on ToI there were 614 comments about this test..... how obsessed they are.

Did you guys notic what is the difference between these so called educated civilians and madeasa students? even madrasa student feel shame before posting these kind of remarks

IMO Pakistani engineers now have to focus on the threats other than India, India & Pakistan are neighbors and have ability to destroy each other and are very well aware of this face. So, i don't see they are going to war. Now, time has come that we must have deterrence for other threats to avoid any adventure on us.

Red colour is for test models only to enhance visibility.

are you sure this is the picture and Pakistan should change the colour of the missile and when they will release the video which includes the Plane ?

Encrypted Radio communication either via launching platform, ground stations, or recently launched communication sattellite.

Totally opposite to Pakistani politicians who talk more and do less, Pak defence establishment talks less and do more.

My assumption.Pakistan has attained satellite capability which can monitor multiple missiles flight path and all the ballistic missiles and cruise missile will have satellite module in them which will tell satellite about its path and in turn satellite will turn command and control authority

Specific types of ALCMs include:
AGM-28 Hound Dog (US)
AGM-86 ALCM (US)
Storm Shadow (France/UK)
Air-Sol Moyenne Portée (France)
KEPD 350 (Germany/Sweden)
AGM-129 ACM (US)
AGM-158 JASSM (US)
Ra'ad (Pakistan)
SOM (Turkey)

Damn it ! Just look at the list ... Astonishing isn't it ? :what:

It's slow because its filmed from a trailing jet, not a statinary position.

Maybe they did not have the success they hoped for.. or they never got a video..
and used last years one

The fact that you can see it fly by so slowly.. is indicative that it can be shot down pretty easy too.
Raa'd has a long way to go if this is the best it is capable of.
Babur has better terrain following and matching capabilities.
But those two teams probably have a professional jealousy thing going on :angel:

Yes this time Missile is longer than before but this time they didn't show the plane in the video why could they have increased the size of the missile

Probably added a radar to enable it to hit mobile targets at sea or added more fuel to enhance range or increased expolsive quantity, or to accomodate equipment to communicate with and controlled by command center.

I wonder why we didn't just use Babur air version... I think Babur has more stealth than Ra'ad.

@Thorough Pro

They are developing air, and submarine version of Babur correct me if I am wrong I think Babur submarine version has already been tested?

As far as I know, Raad is the air launched version and there is no other Babur air version in development stage. Sub launched would be the same as Babur with minor modifications to adapt it for sub-surface tube or VLS launch. other short range alternatives for air launched stand-off weapons include H2 & H4. May be there are other Chinese origin alternatives which am not very well aware off.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom