What's new

Pakistan conducts succesful test-fire of Hatf-VIII Ra'ad ALCM

3797.jpg

After watching some HD footage, there is no doubt that it's a new concept of Ra'ad missile.

It's indeed longer compared to the earlier version, also much more refined for stealth capability, even the exhaust nozzle is different
and another main feature is that it incorporates new technologies, such as, the system has the added capability of real time remote monitoring of missile flight path.

Maybe they did not have the success they hoped for.. or they never got a video..
and used last years one

The fact that you can see it fly by so slowly.. is indicative that it can be shot down pretty easy too.
Raa'd has a long way to go if this is the best it is capable of
Babur has better terrain following and matching capabilities.
But those two teams probably have a professional jealousy thing going on :angel:

So, watching a missile cruising with a fighter that normally cruise over 600 - 800 KM/H or 900 KM/H at 36,000 Ft. one simply cannot declare it a slow missile. Mirage-3 is such a fighter that cannot sustain its flight at low speed while carrying JUMBO fuel tanks.

3797.jpg

After watching some HD footage, there is no doubt that it's a new concept of Ra'ad missile.

It's indeed longer compared to the earlier version, also much more refined for stealth capability, even the exhaust nozzle is different
and another main feature is that it incorporates new technologies, such as, the system has the added capability of real time remote monitoring of missile flight path.

I too see a little difference in Length ... But no difference in exhaust nozzle.

See the first RA'AD ....

0.jpg

0.jpg

HatfVIII_Raad2.JPG

It could be due the angle of camera but above images are somewhat from same angle ..

The old ra'ad seems pretty heavy and fat for an aircraft's hard points to carry. I think the new one is probably a change in design... The range is said to be the same but i think speed changed a little due to new nozzle...

Pakistani_Raad+air-to-surface+cruise+missile_Hatf-VIII+.jpg

386792-RAADISPR-1338467794-259-640x480.jpg

Hatf-VIII-Raad-Cruise-Miss.jpg

There you go, the previous version had a square nozzle, and a flatter head.

Bro this is the light effect and quality of image as well. Nozzle was roundel all the way ... this picture is from the third or fourth test ... Black Striped RAAD was the first ever ALCM .

I think Windjammer is right.

The older Raad had it's 4 corners going all the way to the exhaust, while the newer one has the corners finished before the Tail rudder.

We should really work on speed for next test....
if this is the way it is then it will get shot down...

We should really work on speed for next test....
if this is the way it is then it will get shot down...

It is DESIGNED to be that slow...how would it do the terrain-hugging if its too fast?

Congrats, India does not have that capability yet.

Ask the French for the SCALP or APACHE.. easy way in.
They offer an advantage over the brahmos by being lighter(hence the possibility that they may be carried by the LCA as well)
and the ability for modular warheads(HE, Anti-Tank, Anti-Runway, Anti-Electrical filament, AP/AM etc).

On topic..

Remember that in a test all flight profiles are tested, low alt.. high alt.. etc.
And that each of these can be sequenced to allow for optimum range from a launch point with pre-impact evasive manoeuvres kept in mind.

It is DESIGNED to be that slow...how would it do the terrain-hugging if its too fast?

It could be supersonic and still be terrain hugging..
But then it would need a pretty effective engine to boost it at such speeds and will need to be fairly large to carry all that fuel..
Which is why the Brahmos is so big that only the MKI will be able to carry it..and that too on the centreline station(at the normal MKI...perhaps the Super MKI will have reinforced inner pylons)

Babur Cruise Missile also has terrain hugging, but it's initial startup launch is faster. My suggestion would be to do the same for Ra'ad and it shouldn't drop like a bomb.

Babur Cruise Missile also has terrain hugging, but it's initial startup launch is faster. My suggestion would be to do the same for Ra'ad

Raa'd doesn't requires a boost because it is just launched by an aircraft...it doesnt makes a difference!

I doubt if the missile is longer, except the minor changes in airframe.

Ra'ad is now ready for production.

Back
Top Bottom