What's new

Pakistan Coast Guard destroy drugs worth $695m

Well, Pakistan Coast Guards has destroyed drugs worth nearly 700 million dollars.

View attachment 916350

To me, these are not drugs being destroyed but its a lost revenue.

Why Pakistan couldn't export it to countries where its halal. We are asking IMF for 1 billion dollar and we gladly destroy 0.7 billion dollar ? Does not make any sense. These whisky bottles are not kind of item that you could not export.

Also, these kind of stunts raises many questions, like:

- how much control the civil / federal govt has on this sector ? OR all control / full powers are with Pakistan Army (Coast Guards)

- Do Army Officers take unique items / valuables or items caught during smuggling . Is there any channel to inform federal govt ?

- Why Army persists to keep Coast Guard under it. Everywhere in the world, the coast guards are under navies. Pakistan is a unique case where it has 3 forces working on the sea. 1) Navy 2) PMSAA (navies version of coast guard) 3) Pakistan coast guard (under Army)

I think, there should be mechanism to involve federal govt input and mechanisms to export items (which can be exported) instead destroying it.
If all of it was actually destroyed that's a big achievement,
Few things

1 Big ask who was trying to get this much of the drug in Pakistan, not a small amount?

In regards to your point, Whiskey might be for the Photo shoot but most likely it has other more expensive and more dangerous drugs which should not be sold.

As our religion doesn't allow us to SELL these so it's very understandable.

That's why I suggested non-muslims, sir. Besides, we know about how alcohol damages society and weakens men. Why not use it on the west as a weapon and make some money off of it too?

you could in theory use a separate account to put this haram money into by none believers selling it. But? Where my dear friend would be permissible to use it on. That’s the prob.

That's why I suggested non-muslims, sir. Besides, we know about how alcohol damages society and weakens men. Why not use it on the west as a weapon and make some money off of it too?

We should practice both in letter and principle.

Using non-muslims is not good. We should set an example to the world.

It’s haram. Our religion Islam , clearly forbids you from selling it or buying it. They did the right thing destroying it all
Is it still haram if done for the greater good?

An Islamic country desperately in need of any penny it can get, can it be excusable in the case to protect the interests of the Muslim population. In Islam, if you have to eat haram to save your life, it is permissible, I wonder if it applies in this context...

I think it is tbh, if it means less influence from the kuffar ideologies by taking advantage of your economic weakness.

The consumers can even be non-muslims, there's not much negative consequences to it.

you could in theory use a separate account to put this haram money into by none believers selling it. But? Where my dear friend would be permissible to use it on. That’s the prob.
State treasury. State already deals in riba. So, it's not like this money is going to change anything as far as the state is considered.

Is it still haram if done for the greater good?

An Islamic country desperately in need of any penny it can get, can it be excusable in the case to protect the interests of the Muslim population. In Islam, if you have to eat haram to save your life, it is permissible, I wonder if it applies in this context...

I think it is tbh, if it means less influence from the kuffar ideologies by taking advantage of your economic weakness.

The consumers can even be non-muslims, there's not much negative consequences to it.
Bas kar, pagle. Rulae ga kya. I was just having a bit of fun. You came along and wrote a thesis why we should sell that shit :lol:

Calm down everyone.
Maximum only $1 million worth of drugs were probably destroyed.
Rest $694 million went into creating the new DHA.

Should have been exported to India. Cant beat them economically or militarily ... at least can get a drug epidemic going to weaken them. In fact, that should be Pak policy

Back
Top Bottom