What's new

Pakistan blocks NATO supplies

This Khar lady, doesn't speak on behalf of the parliament. It's upto the parliament to take a decision on this & they have yet to decide, don't know why indians :cheesy: are jumping up & down.

It is tough for Pakistan to sever their relation with US because it is too much interwoven. Cutting down supply route was only a short-term response to public sentiment.

Internationally 10 weeks is an eternity and the border has been firmly shut. Pakistan have shown tremendous patience and havent caved in - even when bullied and blackmailed to force their hand. One must appreciate the way the country hasnt bowed to the external forces.
The sacrifices our nation has made are unique and i dont believe any other nation could have sacrificed so much. However due to our committments to the international community i think enough of a message has been sent to the USA and Nato that this type of arrogance and behavior will simply not be tolerated. I believe for the benefit of Pakistan - the border should be opened and monitored closely.....

This Khar lady, doesn't speak on behalf of the parliament. It's upto the parliament to take a decision on this & they have yet to decide, don't know why indians :cheesy: are jumping up & down.

USA can buy Parliament in 1 day as they buy our votes . parliamentarians need money for next elections ok .you know how much every candidate pay for election one time? FYI in millions of rupees :P its game of pay and earn as PPP member said corruption is our right and those who never make corruption are fools :lol: why ? because no idiot in this country pay millions for elect himself and then sit idle and get few thousands rupees salary and benefits . there is not a single well wisher of this nation who pay millions for AWAM KI KHIDMAT :tdown:

ok let me check i will call pakistan tomorrow and ask them are they ready for it :P

I am not joking .. its all about showing emotions and acting on it..
If person only shows its emotions and not willing to act on it .. he is one who is responsible for his situation not any one else .. which is correct for a country also

I am not joking .. its all about showing emotions and acting on it..
If person only shows its emotions and not willing to act on it .. he is one who is responsible for his situation not any one else .. which is correct for a country also

man please let it move better to keep nation cool its not india BD or arab country its Pakistan our nation can get mad easily and we are violent already i don't wanna see civil war here . every home has weapons and our protest get so much blood remember 12oct ?:P

Uwain Uwain, Zardari,Kayani is a traitor..Blah Blah Blah we the people of pakistan are the true representatives of Pakistan though our own Govt don give fookin **** to us..pakistan's fate lie on us..we are internet warriors putting up in United states and Britain but are the true representatives of Pakistan..Ha ha ha holy ****.It is in our blood to condemn everything..Fook Fook

I think Nazam Sethi hinted week ago that now GoP will restart dialogue with USA and things will ease out.

Khar took a swipe, saying that media reports and leaks do not reflect Pakistan’s “dialogue” with NATO and the United States.“Pakistan would not want to be seen to be working at counter purposes with the rest of the world, including the Westerners, NATO, ISAF, US. It will be in our interest to be able to assist them in whatever way we can,” she said.

As usual, the uber-patriotic blinders brigade is happy to rant and rave against me personally, but fails to notice the real message in the concluding paragraph that I highlighted before.

The message is broader than the temporary halt of the NATO supplies. The important bit here is that "Pakistan would not want to be seen to be working at counter purposes with the rest of the world", which is a very diplomatic reply to the steady drumming of adverse leaks from the US administration.

Pakistan clearly realizes it must acquiesce, or risk being targeted directly as a terrorist haven.

The choice is stark, and evident to those who can see.

======================

By comparison, where I retire is a very very very small worry! :lol:

great post - the problem is wanabbee amreekan - will never be amreekan, sadly for him our nation has rejected him along time hence the hatred he has for our nation. He seems to always give benefit of the doubt to anyone but Pakistan.
On topic - i think the patience and resiliance Pakistan has shown has been really commendable - i thought they would have opened the border last month but they have been very adamant and insisted on making their point and its certainly registered. If they open the border - i dont have an issue as long as something positive comes out of it long term. The amreekans have confirmed by their actions they are liars.

Superkaif...everyone is entitled to their opinion he has all the right according to the forum rules.

Do you know who Natives are. They are aboriginal Red Indians. They are powerless people and are not in control of US Politics. Refer to the people in control simply as "americans" not "Native". I hope you would do research who natives are they are not white skinned americans.

To the topic...It would be reviewed no where does it say will be re-opened. It would take time all NATO can do is wait and wait.

The people shouting "I told you so" snidely are missing the point altogether.

The insistence on NATO blockade was a case of what Pakistan should do in its national interests. No one, even the most fervent advocates, believed that Pakistan would be able to hold out forever against the expected pressure to resume. We know our politicians, we know the precarious state of Pakistan's economy and diplomacy, and we had no illusions about the eventual result of a US v/s Pakistan diplomatic battle.

The issue was to set a precedent of public action, and to pressure the Pak government to resist the inevitable behind-the-scenes onslaught as long as possible.

Did anybody honestly think that, with an economy fairly in the crater, Pakistan could hold out forever?

Now the point is the allegations that arm supplies were going to afghanistan if were true, do pakistan government allow them or they have reached an agreement that US wont use pakistan soil to transfer arms. Second, i think is pakistan should politely decline the aid and rather publicly ask for "compensation" of damages pakistan ( an amount which is many times that was given as "aid") has faced coz this western media leaves no chance to call it aid. Pakistan has an upper hand if they play there cards well diplomatically.

The people shouting "I told you so" snidely are missing the point altogether.

The insistence on NATO blockade was a case of what Pakistan should do in its national interests. No one, even the most fervent advocates, believed that Pakistan would be able to hold out forever against the expected pressure to resume. We know our politicians, we know the precarious state of Pakistan's economy and diplomacy, and we had no illusions about the eventual result of a US v/s Pakistan diplomatic battle.

The issue was to set a precedent of public action, and to pressure the Pak government to resist the inevitable behind-the-scenes onslaught as long as possible.

Did anybody honestly think that, with an economy fairly in the crater, Pakistan could hold out forever?

You are right.. But to the question in your last line, well a whole lot of people on this forum atleast believed that..All you need to do is just open the thread on the event of the border attack and you will know

Its time for public to stop supply.. common man 80% Pakistan hates USA rest of 20% is PA and government and others even 50K ppl at port of Karachi can stop it. If 5 lacs can go to IK's jalasa why not 10% is going to port of Karachi ... common even there are 500+ pdf members who wants to stop supply every one go with their 10 friends it will 5000.. try it ...
Our Awaam/pplz are nothing but buch of cowards and sheeps they deserved to be beatenup by the evil USA/NATO to death cuz they betrayed their GOD/Allah so face his wrath and nobody gonna save them......they chose their own destiny of self destruction......:coffee:

Now the point is the allegations that arm supplies were going to afghanistan if were true, do pakistan government allow them or they have reached an agreement that US wont use pakistan soil to transfer arms. Second, i think is pakistan should politely decline the aid and rather publicly ask for "compensation" of damages pakistan ( an amount which is many times that was given as "aid") has faced coz this western media leaves no chance to call it aid. Pakistan has an upper hand if they play there cards well diplomatically.[/QUOTE]

Indeed it was a chance for Pakistan to turn it in oppertunity when couldnt hold for long. Once in the news an unnamed Pakistani official was quoted for imposition of high tarrif on Nato supply, so your suggestions will get honor if the claim turn out true.
Regarding Mr. Vcheng, he sometime provide good counter view and arouse well responses too. The hit he receives sometime not because of his views but because of his excessive show of teeth and sarcasm.

Our Awaam/pplz are nothing but buch of cowards and sheeps they deserved to be beatenup by the evil USA/NATO to death cuz they betrayed their GOD/Allah so face his wrath and nobody gonna save them......they chose their own destiny of self destruction......:coffee:

Channel your anger towards resistance ... It will benefit your nation in log term .. on man's life gave Tunisia new direction .. each men and women took inspiration from one and they brought change to half a dozen countries.. any one can be that spark ..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom