What's new

Pakistan bids to join Nuclear Suppliers Group

pakistanis have an inflated view of themselves in the world
We are not Indians who consider themselves a shupa power. Pakistanis are more realist. We know where we stand and have a lot to do to change the perception. Having said that it does not mean we stop trying to gain access to NSG.

Recently , Uzbakistan and Belarus showed support to Pakistan's NSG bid a wonderful sign

We are not Indians who consider themselves a shupa power. Pakistanis are more realist. We know where we stand and have a lot to do to change the perception. Having said that it does not mean we stop trying to gain access to NSG.

i will be the first to agree that some indians have an inflated view of themselves
a lot of us are a lot saner than that

Filing for NSG membership when India files for NSG membership
the actions do not indicate the desire for NSG membership

Recently , Uzbakistan and Belarus showed support to Pakistan's NSG bid a wonderful sign
i believe it was Kazakhstan and Belarus

pakistanis have an inflated view of themselves in the world

Not even close sir. The self praise that indian does is unbeatable This shows the typical Indian mentality of progress, showing white people as beggar, shows how much they are jealous :lol:

Filing for NSG membership when India files for NSG membership
the actions do not indicate the desire for NSG membership

The ground work was done before that. Yes it was formally applied after India's because that was the smart thing to do as Washington was backing India so either it was for both of us or none of us. Both worked in our favour.

The ground work was done before that. Yes it was formally applied after India's because that was the smart thing to do as Washington was backing India so either it was for both of us or none of us. Both worked in our favour.

How many countries even supported you ? Two out of 48. West Europeans will pile on Pakistani bid. USA and China would not be able to make them budge an inch.

How many countries even supported you ? Two out of 48. West Europeans will pile on Pakistani bid. USA and China would not be able to make them budge an inch.
Its not important whether 2 supported us or 2 voted against India? what matters is both of us need the approval of each and every country in the group. So those of them that want India in would have to make a concession to include Pakistan as well otherwise both will remain outside.

Its not important whether 2 supported us or 2 voted against India? what matters is both of us need the approval of each and every country in the group. So those of them that want India in would have to make a concession to include Pakistan as well otherwise both will remain outside.

It does not matter what India wants. India has no vote in the NSG. India is not a member. The best India can promise is not to block any Pakistani bid.

India got 38 yes, 8 countries which wanted clarifications and 2 no's (Turkey & China). India will get to 46 or 47. China is the only real holdout. They will have to decide if they want to risk damaging relations with India.

Germany and a lot of small West European countries could care less about India-Pakistan rivalry. They are going to hold your feet to fire on issues of nuclear proliferation, CTBT, fissile material cut-off treaty, any possible nuclear ties to GCC states. Pakistan will have to figure out if it is worth the hassle to meet their demands. Most likely Pakistan will be told to apply for a waiver.

It does not matter what India wants. India has no vote in the NSG. India is not a member. The best India can promise is not to block any Pakistani bid.

India got 38 yes, 8 countries which wanted clarifications and 2 no's (Turkey & China). India will get to 46 or 47. China is the only real holdout. They will have to decide if they want to risk damaging relations with India.

Germany and a lot of small West European countries could care less about India-Pakistan rivalry. They are going to hold your feet to fire on issues of nuclear proliferation, CTBT, fissile material cut-off treaty, any possible nuclear ties to GCC states. Pakistan will have to figure out if it is worth the hassle to meet their demands. Most likely Pakistan will be told to apply for a waiver.
You are simply not getting it and i dont have the temperament to explain it any further. Where did i say that India has a say or a vote? I said the countries that want India to be part of NSG namely the US would than have to give a nod for Pakistan as well. If US gives nod for Pakistan and China is already backing us, rest will fall in line and we will both get the membership. If not than China and other countries no matter the number will continue opposing India's entry as well. We are fine either way.

You are simply not getting it and i dont have the temperament to explain it any further. Where did i say that India has a say or a vote? I said the countries that want India to be part of NSG namely the US would than have to give a nod for Pakistan as well. If US gives nod for Pakistan and China is already backing us, rest will fall in line and we will both get the membership. If not than China and other countries no matter the number will continue opposing India's entry as well. We are fine either way.

What part of it you do not understand ? Germany, Japan and some of European states are serious about this stuff. They do not care whether India or Pakistan become members of the NSG. They are going to evaluate India and Pakistan bids on their individual merits.

China is the only holdout against India. They have to decide how much and how deep they want to drive India into the American camp.

Pakistan or Pakistanis do not have any say in this matter. It is not like you can dump China if they vote for India's entry in the NSG

Pakistan or Pakistanis do not have any say in this matter. It is not like you can dump China if they vote for India's entry in the NSG

First let China vote in favour of India before jumping on the gun and assuming what Pakistan can and cannot do.

Back
Top Bottom