What's new

Pakistan bids to join Nuclear Suppliers Group

India has said it has no objection to Pakistan if wants to join NSG too. The issue were elsewhere. Some say it is China. Partially. I think there were other objectors. Regardless, it does not hinder India from acquiring nuclear technology or fuel from other countries. India not joining NSG is no big deal.
Exactly it can still secure special waivers

Once upon a time Pakistan had something to offer the Americans. Now, its going to be closer to sanction time.

Once upon a time you had a say now when talking silly comes a time for many negative ratings for you Surya Kiran jee !!

Eh? How do you give a negative rating? I only see the thumbs up icon?

Once upon a time you had a say now when talking silly comes a time for many negative ratings for you Surya Kiran jee !!

bhaijaan, once upon a time one did not get banned for months for having a civilised discussion and a one off trolling. And when one sees members bring in women and insult them and other members liking such rubbish and going scot-free. So one stops caring.

Anyways, I am not complaining. Life goes on :-)

Last edited:
Frankly speaking, i am not sure what we have to GAIN from joining NSG. It is not that we are going to be "suppliers" in the coming future so not much to gain from that. Furthermore i do not see us investing in Nuclear Power sector with countries other than China due to loans and stuff!

you know the number of violations pakistan has broken, its retarded to think they'll be accepted into this group.

you know the number of violations pakistan has broken, its retarded to think they'll be accepted into this group.
The application is for DOMESTIC CONSUMPTION. Post rejection they will cry how everyone is against them because they are muslim.

The application is for DOMESTIC CONSUMPTION. Post rejection they will cry how everyone is against them because they are muslim.

Post rejection they will cry that everyone is against Muslims?

What's up with you saffron idiots?

Once upon a time Pakistan had something to offer the Americans. Now, its going to be closer to sanction time.

Sanction for what?

Boy US would gain nothing by sanctioning Pakistan... Today Pak is more important than the past ... Geopolitical realities are different as fuk ...

Frankly speaking, i am not sure what we have to GAIN from joining NSG. It is not that we are going to be "suppliers" in the coming future so not much to gain from that. Furthermore i do not see us investing in Nuclear Power sector with countries other than China due to loans and stuff!

I do not think Pakistan and India are looking to gain anything practical from joining the NSG, both already have access to civilian nuclear technology/materials from China and the USA respectively.

It seems to be an issue of "prestige" for India (as is common for them). And if they join the NSG they will be able to veto Pakistan's future entry, which is why Pakistan is trying to join now, to prevent that.

China's position is that India cannot gain NSG membership unless Pakistan does as well. And we have already vetoed India's previous attempt to get in.

I do not think Pakistan and India are looking to gain anything practical from joining the NSG, both already have access to civilian nuclear technology/materials from China and the USA respectively.

It seems to be an issue of "prestige" for India (as is common for them). And if they join the NSG they will be able to veto Pakistan's future entry, which is why Pakistan is trying to join now, to prevent that.

China's position is that India cannot gain NSG membership unless Pakistan does as well. And we have already vetoed India's previous attempt to get in.
Small corrections:
a) India hopes to sell it's reactors as well. It's own design 700MW reactors are ideal for small countries.
b) China stopped the voting and discussion but is yet to say a NO.

Rising communist China,opposing Russia,mess in Afghanistan,hostile Middle East and a nuclear armed 2nd largest Muslim country Pakistan.

Pakistan isn't Iraq or Morroco and US damn sure knows that.
True Pakistan is not Iraq or Morroco,but is it now stretching it too far other that what you said about Afghanistan..

Back
Top Bottom