What's new

Pakistan becomes world’s sixth most populated country

South Asia is just way too overcrowded. I say Pakistanis/Indians/Bangladeshis follow example of the Europeans. We need to spread and start colonizing foreign lands. I'm thinking Australia and NZ seem appealing they are not too far and sparsely populated so there is plenty of room and we desis should be able to out breed them and become the majority in short time -It would be good to reverse colonize the white man for a change. It's OK we won't fight this time plenty of land for all of us there to share :D

Pakistan has consistently been the 6th largest nation on earth since the day I ever remember the statistics.

I think it is like this since I was born... I have never heard of it going back to 7th or gaining to 5th position...

May be when Bangladesh was part of Pakistan, may be back in 1970s we might have had higher position but I have never seen us changing the ranking in my life

Pakistan has a population of 20M more than #7 Nigeria. I don't think that happened in a year.

Especially given Nigeria is growing at a faster rate than Pakistan:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.POP.GROW?locations=PK-IN-NG

There was no rank swapping lately like "becomes" would imply:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.POP.TOTL?locations=BR-PK-NG

May be when Bangladesh was part of Pakistan, may be back in 1970s we might have had higher position but I have never seen us changing the ranking in my life

Data series accounts for the two wings now when backtracking.

I look forward to the Islamic Republic of Pakistan surpassing Indonesia's population to become the largest Muslim nation on earth.

I watched a documentary where a set population of rats in an enclosed environment were observed with the following chronological steps:
1. Initially the population of rats were kept at a minimum with plenty of space and resources
Resources like food and water. The rats lived healthy lives, and the aggression between rats was at a minimum or nonexistent
2. Slowly the rat population was allowed to grow and the resources remained the same. Increased aggression was witnessed in the rats. A phenomenon not previously witnessed.
3. The resources further dwindled while the population boomed. The rats became extremely aggressive over space and limited resources. It was the survival of the strongest.
4. Further extension of conditions in step 3, saw the rat colony suffering with disease, near cannibalism, and a very sick rat society.

The population boom for any country is a negative thing...

good thing the rats didn't have a religion... otherwise their anarchy would have been further exasperated with head chopping... :) *sarcasm*

:)

I watched a documentary where a set population of rats in an enclosed environment were observed with the following chronological steps:
1. Initially the population of rats were kept at a minimum with plenty of space and resources
Resources like food and water. The rats lived healthy lives, and the aggression between rats was at a minimum or nonexistent
2. Slowly the rat population was allowed to grow and the resources remained the same. Increased aggression was witnessed in the rats. A phenomenon not previously witnessed.
3. The resources further dwindled while the population boomed. The rats became extremely aggressive over space and limited resources. It was the survival of the strongest.
4. Further extension of conditions in step 3, saw the rat colony suffering with disease, near cannibalism, and a very sick rat society.

The population boom for any country is a negative thing...

good thing the rats didn't have a religion... otherwise their anarchy would have been further exasperated with head chopping... :)

:)

pakistani-women_thumb2.jpg
Pakistan has made it to number six on the list of most populated countries of the world, according to a recent report by the United Nations.

This is actually good for Pakistan if played properly. Both China and India had the same issue, being the most populated nations on the planet. But both of these countries started producing massive amounts of educated and skill labor, resulting in one getting majority of the manufacturing from across the Western countries, and the second one, getting about a 40% slice of the global IT, Biotech and Services industry.

I've read a few reports sometime ago, Pakistan has one of the largest male populations in the world, over 50% (110 million) males between the ages of 17-25 years. Meaning they have 30 years of work-life left in them. A good strategy to grow the Pakistani economy can result in Pakistan climbing into the top 10th economy in the next 15-20 years. This isn't a dream, its real. Education and skill training is needed for the masses!!

The problem is poor people have more kids than well offpeople it hurts us and increases social and economic issues of inequality
We should provide incentives to people to have small families for example folks who go for birth control option given training in poultry farming for free or if they are in cities their kids will be provided with free uniforms we have to experiment like crazy to control our population
@django @Moonlight @The Sandman @waz @Mr.Meap @Mugwop @User

The problem is poor people have more kids than well offpeople it hurts us and increases social and economic issues of inequality
We should provide incentives to people to have small families for example folks who go for birth control option given training in poultry farming for free or if they are in cities their kids will be provided with free uniforms we have to experiment like crazy to control our population
It's not about rich or poor, I have no problem with large families, what bothers me is the quality of life. People have to realize that until and unless they are not financially stable, they should not conceive children. The worst thing they can do is to bring a child into this world, uncatered and unsheltered for.

When I was a schoolboy we were on the verge of overtaking Russia now we are approaching and probably have surpassed Brazil , it is sheer madness people breeding like rabbits when they know they can not cater for a decent upbringing for their offspring

When I was a schoolboy we were on the verge of overtaking Russia now we are approaching and probably have surpassed Brazil , it is sheer madness people breeding like rabbits when they know they can not cater for a decent upbringing for their offspring
And the worst part is those who cant even afford a decent life for themselves bring in 6-7 kids

It's not about rich or poor, I have no problem with large families, what bothers me is the quality of life. People have to realize that until and unless they are not financially stable, they should not conceive children. The worst thing they can do is to bring a child into this world, uncatered and unsheltered for.
Its all about rich and poor madam a farmer cannot earn enough to ensure decent education for 7+ kids but an owner of a sugar mill can

Don't worry after a decade or two, most of the women of the next generation won't be that capable of breeding in high numbers.

Don't worry after a decade or two, most of the women of the next generation won't be that capable of breeding in high numbers.
Not really technically they could you know in rural areas people still have big families but do we really need to increase our population?

Not really technically they could you know in rural areas people still have big families but do we really need to increase our population?

Rural areas are changing and that Daee culture has died almost, pregnant women these days have to brought to hospitals these days and ALLAH khush rakhay Pakistani gynecologists ko un ka favorite mashgala pait phar kay bacha nikalna hy.

No not with current way of our living we don't need to increase our population. Its a sensitive matter and most married or to be married soon ............. people are normally shy to discuss this.

Rural areas are changing and that Daee culture has died almost, pregnant women these days have to brought to hospitals these days and ALLAH khush rakhay Pakistani gynecologists ko un ka favorite mashgala pait phar kay bacha nikalna hy.

No not with current way of our living we don't need to increase our population. Its a sensitive matter and most married or to be married soon ............. people are normally shy to discuss this.
Even C section women continue to have 4-5 children and i think the only workable solution is to teach about populatipn control in Intermediate level we have to address this situation just wishing it away wont solve it

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom