What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

I used Wikipedia because I am lazy. There are references to French transmission in multiple sources. It was definitely considered.
I never said it was not considered, I said it was not used on any production models or with Ukrainian engines as you had said so earlier. That’s a pretty common misconception about the Al-Khalid.

7. Not the same as the above, but it was interesting to note the chairman of ARDIC directly calling out “friendly countries” for not providing or outright banning our access to software, hardware, designs and models etc. He even repeated it twice, you can tell he’s frustrated about it. I noticed this same frustration from the officers and engineers there when I went. And he mentions it directly on camera too, I know it’s not much, but I’m glad to see even this amount of a backbone, that they’re not just signing “Pak-Chin Dosti Zindabad” and actually saying things as they are. The local production of VT4 is a much bigger example of the Chinese not being as sincere as needed about defense than the JF-17 and J-10C. @arslank03 ^​

Countries have the right to protect their intellectual property - no one is going to give you everything on a plate. Period. You have to buid your own intellectual property.

The whole approach of localisation is flawed if you do not use the opportunity to build private companies to build local capabilties that allow for the ability to design new platforms.

Countries have the right to protect their intellectual property - no one is going to give you everything on a plate. Period. You have to buid your own intellectual property.

The whole approach of localisation is flawed if you do not use the opportunity to build private companies to build local capabilties that allow for the ability to design new platforms.
While I absolutely agree, this has basically nothing to do with the point you were replying to. It’s more the fact that the Chinese, like all other powerful arms selling nations, like to play games in order to exert pressure, and we, being weak and poor negotiators (or for some bribes in the right places) agree to their poor terms and suffer in the long run.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply ppl....was busy with other stuff
End of the day though Pakistan is to blame for being naive and incompetent, but I guess you learn through mistakes
True
Except the FCS in the Al-Khalid-1 is not Chinese…but go on.
Look i had posted this a couple of years back when this incident happened n in that post I would have surely named the sub system in question. I can't find it now if any one can help me find it we will resolve the issue.

Now irrespective of which subsystem it was the fact of the matter is that the tank was not accepted by PA as their was a prob with its Chinese origin sub system n the problem presented till the time PA signed the contract for vt4 n like magic the system fixed it self.....

Sorce Is your imagination
Well when u get ur head out of where the sun don't shine ud know wts goin on son

Sorry for the late reply ppl....was busy with other stuff

True

Look i had posted this a couple of years back when this incident happened n in that post I would have surely named the sub system in question. I can't find it now if any one can help me find it we will resolve the issue.

Now irrespective of which subsystem it was the fact of the matter is that the tank was not accepted by PA as their was a prob with its Chinese origin sub system n the problem presented till the time PA signed the contract for vt4 n like magic the system fixed it self.....

Well when u get ur head out of where the sun don't shine ud know wts goin on son
There are no major Chinese systems in the AK-1 (at least none that weren’t already working perfectly fine in the AK), that would cause the entire tank and program to be halted like that.

The only new part in the AK-1 that’s Chinese that could even remotely relate to this is the new Muzzle reference system that is common in both the AK-1 and the VT-4, but the original AK had a perfectly functional MRS to begin with that could have been used on the AK-1 if there was such a big issue with whatever new one they were trying to use. They wouldn’t halt an entire program for 5 years just because they couldn’t equip an improved MRS.

As it stands, your comment makes no sense , especially not without a source to back it up. You have a habit of making large claims without sources on this forum which has ruined your credibility to me and many others.

There are no major Chinese systems in the AK-1 (at least none that weren’t already working perfectly fine in the AK), that would cause the entire tank and program to be halted like that.

The only new part in the AK-1 that’s Chinese that could even remotely relate to this is the new Muzzle reference system that is common in both the AK-1 and the VT-4, but the original AK had a perfectly functional MRS to begin with that could have been used on the AK-1 if there was such a big issue with whatever new one they were trying to use. They wouldn’t halt an entire program for 5 years just because they couldn’t equip an improved MRS.

As it stands, your comment makes no sense , especially not without a source to back it up. You have a habit of making large claims without sources on this forum which has ruined your credibility to me and many others.
This back then came directly from the horses mouth as they were pretty pissed at the Chinese for waste more then a year of their life needlessly

Are we sure about that ? my understanding was that to produce further A-90Bs the steel had to be procured from France or elsewhere as Pak Steel couldn't make HY-80 or similar type.

If they can now then awesome news.
no we produce HY-80 and did so for the Agosta class

We are making pretty decent alloys and composites locally. Case in point the upgradation of ug and az turrets. They all house local stuff offering better protection than Armox 500 HHS steel used in original AKs.

The local production of VT4 is a much bigger example of the Chinese not being as sincere as needed about defense than the JF-17 and J-10C. @arslank03 ^
That's a really big concern since we need their cooperation for localisation of CM 302.
If Chinese are no more generous with us then i doubt they will help us in Ramjet Engine Technology for our local SMASh program.
Flight Control Systems and seekers can be developed but Ramjet engine development will take a lot of time if we go for it alone.
@arslank03

That's a really big concern since we need their cooperation for localisation of CM 302.
If Chinese are no more generous with us then i doubt they will help us in Ramjet Engine Technology for our local SMASh program.
Flight Control Systems and seekers can be developed but Ramjet engine development will take a lot of time if we go for it alone.
@arslank03
1694515494965.png

But, time shouldnt be a limiting factor. they should go it alone

@arslank03

View attachment 953023
But, time shouldnt be a limiting factor. they should go it alone
Afaik last year P282 storage infrastructure tenders were released meaning system is ready and in service.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom