What's new

Pakistan Army's VT-4 Main Battle Tank | Updates & Discussions

Vt-4 Good choice for smaller economies that cant afford top of the line but need something better than some soviet mystery meat that's been sitting in a depot since 1989. Everyone gloating about how the newest variants of the Leo or M1 would thrash it are missing the point. It doesn't need to be a world beater capable of going toe to toe with the best NATO has to offer, it just has to be able to match whatever tanks other podunk regional powers can field.
Correct, Sir.

Vt-4 Good choice for smaller economies that cant afford top of the line but need something better than some soviet mystery meat that's been sitting in a depot since 1989. Everyone gloating about how the newest variants of the Leo or M1 would thrash it are missing the point. It doesn't need to be a world beater capable of going toe to toe with the best NATO has to offer, it just has to be able to match whatever tanks other podunk regional powers can field.
NATO technology is probably the best military technology in the world. But Chinese technology is adequate enough.

VT4, VT4 VR Simulator which seems to be a temporary setup as actual VT4 training setup is located at Armour corps training center.

VT4, VT4 VR Simulator which seems to be a temporary setup as actual VT4 training setup is located at Armour corps training center.

These are some extremely basic simulators lol, is he using the meta quest 2? Lol

If Pakistani and Chinese interests were aligned, the Chinese wouldnt be fishing off of the coast of Gwadar illegally depriving poor baloch fishermen of their only stream of income.

Bro, The Chinese fishing at Gwadar does not mean that interests are not aligned. If they are fishing over there than this question should be asked to Pakistani state not the chinese. The nation may never know how much GHQ has given them and in exchange of what. If they are shipping over there than I think at some level they got some sort of understanding with the state. Otherwise, the state should man up and tell them to back off. IF state is not doing so that means they might have given it to them (without publicly accepting it). GHQ is known to sacrifice our sovereignty You know our GHQ has sold pakistani nationals for 5K USD each during Musharraf regime (most found out to be innocent after serving their lives in Guantanamo bay). For decades GHQ allowed Pak airspace and airbases to be used by US to bomb Pakistanis.

No matter how much you think of China as a bad guy, China was never known to do regime change ops in Pakistan. they never threaten us on our nuclear program, they were the only nation who stood up with Pakistan in UN security council at numerous occasions. They helped us unlimited times militarily when we were in war like situations with India. I remember in 2002 Chinese shipped all these F-7PGs within no time when indian forces were at the border. You need a trustworthy partner for your defense deals. Not like the US, which gave us expired wheat instead of F-16s and never released our cash. They would have never sold us AMRAAMs had we not helping them with NATO supplies towards Afghanistan and much more. The F-16s that we do got are huge question mark on our sovereignty. 24/7 US team remains stationed with them for support and 'monitoring'. We pay for this monitoring too. I am sure with J-10Cs that's not the case.

Anyways, be it US or China whatever damage is done to us is more of the fault of Pakistan's GHQ than any other external power. Other countries always look for their own interests. If we see the geostrategic position than our interests do match with the Chinese. Our number 1 threat is also a rival to the Chinese. China is very much interested for alternate trade route (via CPEC) and we already see West is going to be great buddies with democratic india. US / india, France / india etc have done joint defense / partner level agreements in past few years, they can use each other bases and much more. India is the chosen strategic partner of the USA. There's no way US will ever choose Pak at the expense of india. They may use Pak like tissue paper as they have always done and make a fool out of our GHQ but nothing else. But our GHQ has never learned and always remained mere a puppet for the US. Despite energy crisis, we are not taking oil & gas from Iran because of US. The way Bajwa criticized Russia to please Americans and obediently toppled elected govt while praising the US and humiliating Chinese was a huge setback for us. We gained nothing to please americans, but I am afraid we may lose the relationship with the other power too. Sooner we realize the better.

I doubt it, the PAF has certainly made its bed with Turkey.

That's true for some projects like 5th gen but bulk of PAF is chinese origin. Basically the backbone of PAF and most of squadrons presently and in next 2 decades will remain Chinese (JF-17s and J-10Cs). Its good that we are going to Turkey for 5th gen. Total dependence on one country is not a good idea too.

Yes they absolutely can. In fact, it's arguably less of a hazard for infantry than the ERA on VT-4.
The Exs dictate how infantry can get deployed with tanks. Enemy picks up the tactics from those vids and pics also

These are some extremely basic simulators lol, is he using the meta quest 2? Lol
These aren’t the actual simulators for VT4, this is just a “portable” one. The actual VT4 Simulators are at HIT and ACTC, I’ve had some time on them, pretty high quality stuff, the data in them is accurate enough to use in software programming for the actual production of FCS and other systems.

These aren’t the actual simulators for VT4, this is just a “portable” one. The actual VT4 Simulators are at HIT and ACTC, I’ve had some time on them, pretty high quality stuff, the data in them is accurate enough to use in software programming for the actual production of FCS and other systems.

Completely unrelated but I respect your blunt opinions! Keep doing you and keep not giving a rats *** about what others will think!

Completely unrelated but I respect your blunt opinions! Keep doing you and keep not giving a rats *** about what others will think!
I have this opinion about you and @JamD

Similarly China had J-6 and J-7 when US already had rolled out F-22 raptor. F-22 raptor still is the US most advance fighter and see where China got from J-6 and J-7. The US technological growth became stagnant or very slow in the same duration where China took off.
This part of your analysis is wrong. It didn't become stagnant, the US just had no reason to continue manufacturing even more advanced equipment when it's adversaries couldn't even match its current weapons arsenal.

As soon as China released the J-20, the USA released its B-21 raider shortly after and has already flown a 6th generation fighter.

So, the US is sitting on a ton of research, just because we don't see actual weapons doesn't mean it isn't there, it requires a need.

I've been following the recent developments in Ukraine and how they've been effectively countering Russian tanks due to their use of Active Protection Systems (APS). I haven't come across any photographs of APS-equipped VT4's, here. Can someone please share images or information if our tanks are equipped with APS technology? I believe it's crucial to stay updated on these advancements and emphasize the importance of APS in modern warfare.

Terrible host. Poor show

This one is slightly better, but you can tell they’ve been given prior talking points and have to stick to those. But at least this host was willing to ask some questions.

The more useful stuff is the footage.

The highlights being;

1. 70% of the AK/AK-1 and T80UD powertrains have been localized, a higher number than just a few years ago. And more than 95% of the electrical/FCS/GCS components too (but this has been true for a few years now).

2. The FCS and GCS of AK-1 are indigenous, something that has been otherwise known but not officially confirmed till now.

3. The local assembly of VT4 is now all the way down to the basic assembly and welding of the hull and turret, however, we cannot call it entirely local production yet because unlike the Al-Khalid, all the steel and composite components being welded together are still being imported from China. This will take time to change. However, other things like certain electronics are being localized, the drivers night sight being an example.

4. Local production of 39 Caliber 155MM guns for M109A5 is undergoing, HIT attempted this project over a decade ago and failed, but is now doing it.

5. The local artillery platform that has been talked about earlier is still being worked on, the initial HIT and army trials were conducted and now the platform is being worked on further according to the information from the trials.

6. The Upgraded Al-Zarrar variant is in production, remains to be seen wether these are newly upgraded ones on older, existing ones are being upgraded. We can see a turret numbered “31” in the video.

7. Not the same as the above, but it was interesting to note the chairman of ARDIC directly calling out “friendly countries” for not providing or outright banning our access to software, hardware, designs and models etc. He even repeated it twice, you can tell he’s frustrated about it. I noticed this same frustration from the officers and engineers there when I went. And he mentions it directly on camera too, I know it’s not much, but I’m glad to see even this amount of a backbone, that they’re not just signing “Pak-Chin Dosti Zindabad” and actually saying things as they are. The local production of VT4 is a much bigger example of the Chinese not being as sincere as needed about defense than the JF-17 and J-10C. @arslank03 ^​

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom