What's new

Pakistan Army Small Arms

wow what in the hands of that guy sitting in white pickup can pakistan get this in future in more numbers.

Why did Pakistan recently place orders for assault rifles from China for the Lashkars?

Last edited:
oh man thanks Imran these westerns never learn we will beat anyone with small arms.

The 5.56 version of MP5 would look brilliant on officers, their 9mm MP5 just lack that punch for a ranged fighter.

Officers should never look any different to their men in Op situations. That includes weapons.

As for weapon options it would be smarter to drop the 5.56 and possible 7.62 for section weapons/rifles/ARs and move to a standard 6/6.8 mm round.
It is as effective as a 7.62 range wise and has a better put down ability vs the 5.56.

Officers should never look any different to their men in Op situations. That includes weapons.

As for weapon options it would be smarter to drop the 5.56 and possible 7.62 for section weapons/rifles/ARs and move to a standard 6/6.8 mm round.
It is as effective as a 7.62 range wise and has a better put down ability vs the 5.56.

I like the Grendel round as well but as far as finding a platform for it, it would severely limit us right now, because of the fact that few if any nations have adopted it thus far.

I like the Grendel round as well but as far as finding a platform for it, it would severely limit us right now, because of the fact that few if any nations have adopted it thus far.

True, but I get the impression that the 5.56 is not going to fully last the distance.
There are many papers, US based, outlining the failings of the 5.56 and pushing of a better round. This is where the 6.8 comes in.

Yes well unless I am much mistaken, 5.56mm version of the MP5 is still better than the original 9mm version as far as being able to tell officers apart is concerned. I had made this suggestion mainly because of this factor. The PK-8 is 5.56mm after all, so if the men have a 5.56 it is sensible that the officers have it as well which is what would reduce the risk of being identified. Besides you can always exchange the guns if you are that much worried about the rifle being spotted by snipers etc, and need I remind you that an officer should never actually have to use his personal weapon unless things have gone very wrong.

This might be true in theory, but the 6.8 has its own problems, or so I've heard. It is still subject to much flight unstability like the Ak-47 round.

need I remind you that an officer should never actually have to use his personal weapon unless things have gone very wrong.

You do not need to remind me at all on how an officer acts or what an officer does.
I wonder why?:D

This might be true in theory, but the 6.8 has its own problems, or so I've heard. It is still subject to much flight unstability like the Ak-47 round.

The chnage to any new round will be slow so I doubt the instability problems you mention will be a long term issue.

The MP5 replacement is not in 5.56 and is not known as PK-8.

Actually it is known as the PK-7 and it chambers the 7.62 x 39 mm round.

I never said it is called the PK-8, I know it is called the PK-7. However someone told me that it was in 5.56mm, but you're right now that I look at it in the picture...that does look like a 7.62 x 39 mm round magazine on the PK-7. I'll recheck it up though...

You do not need to remind me at all on how an officer acts or what an officer does.

Most impressive sir.

The chnage to any new round will be slow so I doubt the instability problems you mention will be a long term issue.

I'm not too sure about that, but its pointless arguing. The problem with the 7.6x39mm is that it is too heavy, lacks accuracy but makes up for that in killing power where as the 5.56mm has great speed and accuracy but lacks that killing punch and then there is the obvious drag with the 7.6x39mm because the magazines are larger and heavier and tests have shown that the 5.56 is superior in piercing brittle body armor due to its speed and stable trajectory. IMO you can't have the best of both worlds, 6.8 will always lack that 5.56 magic though obviously a little better than 7.6x39mm. I'm fine with the 5.56mm, it’s better for 400m plus engagements and that’s where most conventional fire-fights are. The 7.6x39mm just drops and is almost impossible to aim at full-auto. I maybe wrong because I've never personally tried it but IMO same tendencies will exist with the 6.8mm.

no brother i dont have any info abou FN 200 and thanx for correction

I wish they'd stick on a Picatinny rail on anything that is produced by POF from now onwards, it would make things helluva lot better. This would also open up the market for domestically produced sights, scopes, lights, etc.

bro what type of guns does our army and special forces are using these days please name some of them and if u have any pics of them please post

Back
Top Bottom