What's new

Pakistan Army Promotions

Jibran Ahmed

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
In the Pak Army, there are many cases where officers are not promoted to higher ranks due to favoritism and politics. The senior command may find it very easy to sign a decision over their files but it severely affects the lifestyles and future of a family and its generations to come. This is no new topic, there have been countless such incidents where Merit was overtaken by personal relation and liking for a senior promotion. Why doesn't the senior command have a transparent criteria set for a promotion from Brigadier to Maj-Gen level? What special analytical skills are required to decide the fate of a handful of selected people? If a person has met all the criteria, but was unfortunate enough for not being able to play golf with a corp commander, or his children were not best friends with the commander's children. Only recently I just came across such a case, where the officer was a fellow well deserving a 2 star promotion but was superseded by his junior who was famous in the corp for manipulation and politics. The gentleman's life is in a complete tail spin now, where he has been relocated to a post inferior in the status, the senior command is not supporting him in any. Why wasn't merit truly considered here?

During promotion board its not the picture but the job profile of each Officer is displayed for deliberations and then ultimately compared with others in line. Favoritism may work in limited way but one can not be THE GUY of everyone in the board untill and unless he has proved it through his actions. Having said so exceptions are always there and ppl do get affected by politics.

During promotion board its not the picture but the job profile of each Officer is displayed for deliberations and then ultimately compared with others in line. Favoritism may work in limited way but one can not be THE GUY of everyone in the board untill and unless he has proved it through his actions. Having said so exceptions are always there and ppl do get affected by politics.
I am well aware of the profile requirements when I posted this question. The profile requirements were equally comparable to his counterparts, what I don't understand is that "They" have been unable to identify and layout the boundaries for the criteria. How can you justify ignoring the seniority list when there are equal profiles in front you (which can never be mathematically equal, but are given importance based on everyone's perspective)? One rule works for a lucky lot and the next time that rule goes void?

Back
Top Bottom