What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

8C4CD6BD-11FB-4C25-9884-80EAEE343089.jpeg

Do u think Pakistan should get these?
They seem perfect for Pakistan

Yes it’s the golden eagle. And yeah it’s made to work with vt4. Also those on blue arrow 9 on it so yeah it can carry atgms. It can also work as a target spotter and guide the fire of tanks, infantry fighting vehicles and self-propelled artillery. It has co-axial mounted twin propellers and is characterized by a high load carrying ability over longer distances. The drone can carry a large payload, has a long endurance even when fully loaded, and a compact structure that can be easily stored and transported. It can also resist strong winds, carry different types of electro-optical pods and payloads.

I think it’s a perfect cost effective platform Pakistan army can use to counter Indians and especially since our t-129s are late.
It's the golden eagle nah, for the VT4s? Are those only A2A or can it also carry atgms, still it will be a cost effective solution of Indian Appaches

Yes it’s the golden eagle. And yeah it’s made to work with vt4. Also those on blue arrow 9 on it so yeah it can carry atgms. It can also work as a target spotter and guide the fire of tanks, infantry fighting vehicles and self-propelled artillery. It has co-axial mounted twin propellers and is characterized by a high load carrying ability over longer distances. The drone can carry a large payload, has a long endurance even when fully loaded, and a compact structure that can be easily stored and transported. It can also resist strong winds, carry different types of electro-optical pods and payloads.

I think it’s a perfect cost effective platform Pakistan army can use to counter Indians and especially since our t-129s are late.
Yses but it's specs are still not available,but I think PA has bought it

What PAA is planning for the Attack helicopter acquisition?

15 to 30 AH-1Z Vipers
15 to 30 T-129P Atak
15 to 30 Z-10P Block-II

And also possible UAVs like CR-5000?
Follow my Thread:

15 to 30 AH-1Z Vipers
15 to 30 T-129P Atak
15 to 30 Z-10P Block-II

Follow my Thread:

Ideally it should be two variants, one high end other the work horse in larger numbers. I personally don't see three different variants in PA service specially if PA is also looking at ATAK-II variant as well in the future. With ATAK-II this scenario will turn into a logistics nightmare, although few will argue that there be quite a commonality between ATAk-I and ATAK-II.

In ideal world, it should be AH-1Z and ATAK-I / Z10.

15-30 AH-1Z ( Minimum )
40-60 ATAK-I / Z-10 ( minimum )

PS: Sorry, didn't mean to write a thesis on it, just couldn't pen in all down in 'Cliff Notes'

Ideally it should be two variants, one high end other the work horse in larger numbers. I personally don't see three different variants in PA service specially if PA is also looking at ATAK-II variant as well in the future. With ATAK-II this scenario will turn into a logistics nightmare, although few will argue that there be quite a commonality between ATAk-I and ATAK-II.

In ideal world, it should be AH-1Z and ATAK-I / Z10.

15-30 AH-1Z ( Minimum )
40-60 ATAK-I / Z-10 ( minimum )

PS: Sorry, didn't mean to write a thesis on it, just couldn't pen in all down in 'Cliff Notes'

AH-1Z Vipers: 30
T-129P Atak: 30
Z-10P Block-II: 30

While
30 T-129P Atak-II by 2025.

Plz refrain from firing blind shots in every second thread related to Pakistan military procurements. Instead of making fan boyish shopping lists, you should add something valuable in the discussion.
AH-1Z Vipers: 30
T-129P Atak: 30
Z-10P Block-II: 30

While
30 T-129P Atak-II by 2025.

@JamD @sal29 @The Raven
This could be a good initiative... not only for getting expertise for AZM but for COIN ops...
If Pak can manufacture these with all the rights. That would be a big thing.

I think they'd be very useful when integrated with armoured divisions to provide real-time recon, and their relatively small size should afford good survivability, as well as COIN ops. Not sure how much they would contribute to Azm though, as the focus here is on fixed wing MALE/HALE UAV capability, rather than small, tactical rotary UAVs.

@JamD @sal29 @The Raven
This could be a good initiative... not only for getting expertise for AZM but for COIN ops...
If Pak can manufacture these with all the rights. That would be a big thing.

I am not sure of the price. Also I think for COIN operations rather cheap surveillance drones and cheap attack drones will be more than enough as we don't do COIN operations in a contested airspace. This would be very useful if it has the capability to attack armor from top down but the size of it and the size of the weapons attached doesn't seem like it will have that capability.

Its also not just buying there is a significant effort put in training of human resources. We need the soldiers who don't much experience operating tech to be able to use these small crafts as they don't have very long range and usually have point to point line of sight and com links.

I great proponent of developing this kind technology which requires less money to be developed by Pakistan rather than importing it as we develop locally we can mass produce it and I rather have these crafts take the brunt of enemy area denial capability rather than our attack helicopters or aircraft. I think in the new battlefield cheaper mass produced drones can change the tide of war.

elatively small size should afford good survivability, as well as COIN ops. Not sure how much they would contribute to Azm though
Not like surveillance and COIN as a QRF as Balochistan is too big ,but for convoy support. Like even russians use MI 35 for ther convoy movements..
Also it can provide a good anti armour role as an elevated platform.
For azm, there is a lot to learn from this.. Its transmission. You know how did they make lathe? Firstly for swiss watches in 17-1800s. So we need small lathe/CNC/3D printer to make reliable and precision control gear boxes and rotor shaft. Similarly, for forging and making steel, it is easy.
Learning making small turboshaft engines will be a booster for our all drones (small or big) and also for our cruise missile of all sorts..
Making drone aircraft is way easier than this, so learning will be immense...
Also I think for COIN operations rather cheap surveillance drones and cheap attack
Yes, I agree but good turn rate, landing/takeoff so better for post for perimeter surveillance and convoy support.
Its also not just buying there is a significant effort put in training of human resources
As for human resource training, I think army should operate them in Karachi for surveillance for tracking target killers etc.

15 to 30 AH-1Z Vipers
15 to 30 T-129P Atak
15 to 30 Z-10P Block-II

Follow my Thread:

No my bro, something like this can posible.
15 to 20 MI-28N from Russia
30 to 40 Z10-ME from China
30 to 40 T-129B from Turkey...

Back
Top Bottom