What's new

Pakistan Army Aviation Corps - Updated

Does anyone know what happened to the Zulu Cobras? I know it all got cancelled, but did they find the airframes other users, did we get any funds back that we paid?
its a mystery
maybe maybe not

Also obsolete and most well past their useful airframe life… its a testament to their maintenance crews that they get airborne at all. The Jordanian ones have a bit more life in them.
At least they along with the Bahrainis were smart enough to upgrade them just if to keep them relevant still.

Is this Tarbela? Or any of the newer bases?

Hangars have been upgraded alot it seems from a few years back.
This is the new Repair and Maintenance facility at Dhamial (?) Perhaps

its a mystery
maybe maybe not
I read someplace PA Zulus were US marine spec, if so US could use them for themself. In my opinion it was payment which blocked them, US wanted payment else we wanted them to be adjusted against previous commitments/ logistics reimbursements for Afghanistan. And then rifts with Bell contractor in Pakistan have been in news couple of times.
I think with advent of UCAVs gunship reliance has decreased considerably and other options maturing means Zulus can be let go now.

I read someplace PA Zulus were US marine spec, if so US could use them for themself. In my opinion it was payment which blocked them, US wanted payment else we wanted them to be adjusted against previous commitments/ logistics reimbursements for Afghanistan. And then rifts with Bell contractor in Pakistan have been in news couple of times.
I think with advent of UCAVs gunship reliance has decreased considerably and other options maturing means Zulus can be let go now.
or maybe payment was adjusted somehow in withdraw time
many theories

pakistan didn’t had money to pay
but maybe it was paid somehow by someone else
still not sure
The order was placed in 2005. There was no BOP issues at that time. Pakistan has had bigger cash defense deals since. Most likely US assistance or the Saudis.

The order was placed in 2005. There was no BOP issues at that time. Pakistan has had bigger cash defense deals since. Most likely US assistance or the Saudis.
nono
they told em marines we’re booking all birds until 2015 so after 2015 the order was plased

its a mystery
maybe maybe not
Not a mystery, all twelve are stored in the Arizona desert at 309th AMARG Davis Monthan AFB, covered in white spraylat protective coating. At least they were late last year when I saw them there. :-)
If I recall correctly, the only formal reason given was 'technical difficulties during implementation of the contract'. That can mean a lot of different things...
I also recall a Pak Army statement that the deal was not cancelled.
Seems they are not freed up for onward sale to another customer or use by the US Marines either, but still stored. The cost of storage is paid for by the USA as far as I know.

Not a mystery, all twelve are stored in the Arizona desert at 309th AMARG Davis Monthan AFB, covered in white spraylat protective coating. At least they were late last year when I saw them there. :-)
If I recall correctly, the only formal reason given was 'technical difficulties during implementation of the contract'. That can mean a lot of different things...
I also recall a Pak Army statement that the deal was not cancelled.
Seems they are not freed up for onward sale to another customer or use by the US Marines either, but still stored. The cost of storage is paid for by the USA as far as I know.
or maybe the il78 frequent visits to maryland last year meant something
cos i heard these machines can be disassembled and stored in boxes too

1689350249157.png

In 1981, Pakistan Army Signed a deal with US of worth $300 million USDs for Cobra helicopters.
Pilots training began in 1983. In 1985 first Cobras arrived in Pakistan and in 1991 year they participated in an operational mission over Mogadishu.

Pakistan Army Aviation AS-550 Fennec Combat Scout Helicopter. This armed version of the Écureuil helicopter is used to scout enemy formations using its maneuverability and speed. NVG and FLIR allow it to conduct day/night operations and spot targets for gunships and artillery
1689445567526.png

Pakistan Army Aviation AS-550 Fennec Combat Scout Helicopter. This armed version of the Écureuil helicopter is used to scout enemy formations using its maneuverability and speed. NVG and FLIR allow it to conduct day/night operations and spot targets for gunships and artillery
View attachment 939119
they got lucky
india cancelled the order and they got last minute deal
in good price

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom