What's new

Pakistan Army APC Inventory

Looking at the modern-day problems related to insurgency are IEDs, landmines, RPG attacks, and ambushes these sweeping kinetic issues can no longer be handled by pick-up vehicles or Hiluxes with simple gun mounts. To combat the former said shortcomings every tom dick and Harry at least with functional brain cells have unfurled Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) for short, vehicles into the battlefield.

UAE for instance

The HAFEET MK2 6x6 platform offers a range of configurations that feature a monocoque, engine protection to provide STANAG 4569 AEP-55 standard blast protection for 2 crew and 10 passengers.

Delivering impressive performance and mobility for a vehicle of its class, including speeds up to 110 km/h, the HAFEET MK2 6x6 features a modular construction allowing extraction of the complete power pack, including cooling, engine, transmission and transfer case, rapidly.

Now something like the Hafeet MK2 is cheap, reliable and easy to mass-produce just like a Hilux or any other pickup vehicle whilst providing better protection, survivability and longevity not just for the operators but the whole mission.

There is also a 4x4 Ajban variant with a large separate armoured storage compartment at the rear for ammo, food, medical supplies. You name it the compartment can hold it.

Solutions like these should be looked at by PA for Hotzone operations I know the thread is about APCs but seeing Hiluxes being blown to smithereens then getting a random "oh we are testing an APC only after we lost 1000 men" response, is appalling. forget the APCs buy a damn MRAP first morons.

Attachments

• HAFEET_0.jpg
    HAFEET_0.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 59
  • AJBAN-nimr.jpg
    AJBAN-nimr.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 57
Looking at the modern-day problems related to insurgency are IEDs, landmines, RPG attacks, and ambushes these sweeping kinetic issues can no longer be handled by pick-up vehicles or Hiluxes with simple gun mounts. To combat the former said shortcomings every tom dick and Harry at least with functional brain cells have unfurled Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) for short, vehicles into the battlefield.

UAE for instance

The HAFEET MK2 6x6 platform offers a range of configurations that feature a monocoque, engine protection to provide STANAG 4569 AEP-55 standard blast protection for 2 crew and 10 passengers.

Delivering impressive performance and mobility for a vehicle of its class, including speeds up to 110 km/h, the HAFEET MK2 6x6 features a modular construction allowing extraction of the complete power pack, including cooling, engine, transmission and transfer case, rapidly.

Now something like the Hafeet MK2 is cheap, reliable and easy to mass-produce just like a Hilux or any other pickup vehicle whilst providing better protection, survivability and longevity not just for the operators but the whole mission.

There is also a 4x4 Ajban variant with a large separate armoured storage compartment at the rear for ammo, food, medical supplies. You name it the compartment can hold it.

Solutions like these should be looked at by PA for Hotzone operations I know the thread is about APCs but seeing Hiluxes being blown to smithereens then getting a random "oh we are testing an APC only after we lost 1000 men" response, is appalling. forget the APCs buy a damn MRAP first morons.
No friend, why are you asking NIMR etc; they are all using South African products.

You need just to get hold of either OTT technologies: these are pretty good and former SAMIL production that are continuing; they are also refurbishing older Ratels/Casspirs and selling all over.

If you want the best, then you need Paramount. The problem is always, Pak needs to step up and ASK!!!!.... THEY KEEEP SQUANDERING. Are people's lives that cheap?

Paramount or even OTT can work a new solution using local manufacturing. Come on guys, this is called taking a decision instead of begging for handouts from US.

No friend, why are you asking NIMR etc; they are all using South African products.

You need just to get hold of either OTT technologies: these are pretty good and former SAMIL production that are continuing; they are also refurbishing older Ratels/Casspirs and selling all over.

If you want the best, then you need Paramount. The problem is always, Pak needs to step up and ASK!!!!.... THEY KEEEP SQUANDERING. Are people's lives that cheap?

Paramount or even OTT can work a new solution using local manufacturing. Come on guys, this is called taking a decision instead of begging for handouts from US.
The problem is we are playing trench warfare with the soldiers' lives to us the solution to everything is throwing more men at the problem whilst any MRAP we beg off USA we use as "BASE PROTECTION" like some Taliban is gonna lob an IED at the MRAP. It's safe to assume our thought process is backwards and unusual.

On the other hand countries such as UAE, India and Egypt all have taken advantage of South African expertise and have brought on several engineers to work in the respective countries instead.

The problem is we are playing trench warfare with the soldiers' lives to us the solution to everything is throwing more men at the problem whilst any MRAP we beg off USA we use as "BASE PROTECTION" like some Taliban is gonna lob an IED at the MRAP. It's safe to assume our thought process is backwards and unusual.
THis boils my blood my friend. THis is technology from laet 60s; we perfected it. Man why the f. do you want US and others unknown players..... US is using OUR design as a base.

When we had our back side blown up when using Eland vehicles in 70s incursion; CSIR stepped in to come up with design which was based on practical input from Rhodesian experience.

Here is something from OTT which is good enough; very simple - you can use same Toyota engines from Hino trucks in these or Iveco as well.

On the other hand countries such as UAE, India and Egypt all have taken advantage of South African expertise and have brought on several engineers to work in the respective countries instead.
You forget Jordan, Saudi Arabia (NIMR relabel), Kazakstan, Azerbaijan, US, Canada etc and list goes on.

My colleagues will tell you - we will work with anyone and work out a turn key solution that is a win win.

All I see is Pak general and staff show up and eat samoosas here with us but we never get any business. It is not right; I hate that Paramount went and did business with Tata but it is business.

THis boils my blood my friend. THis is technology from laet 60s; we perfected it. Man why the f. do you want US and others unknown players..... US is using OUR design as a base.

When we had our back side blown up when using Eland vehicles in 70s incursion; CSIR stepped in to come up with design which was based on practical input from Rhodesian experience.

Here is something from OTT which is good enough; very simple - you can use same Toyota engines from Hino trucks in these or Iveco as well.

South African defence industry was level above back when "War on Terror" started and still is due to its unique blueprints and battle-proven stamps.

I just feel sad whenever I think of the missed opportunities and short-sightedness we have shown towards you guys whilst the rest of the world has taken benefit of your expertise without giving you guys genuine credit.

Saw some antennas on a Stryker vehicle. Was told these are related to EW. Haven’t seen any in PA M-113

FNSS are offering upgrades to the M113 to A4 standard.

Is this something Pakistan could consider?

FNSS are offering upgrades to the M113 to A4 standard.

Is this something Pakistan could consider?
Friend

What is the ROI and case for this upgrade? The biggest need is the vision for establishing complete Mine proof vehicles. This is the biggest and most current need.

Just look across the border, Mbombe is now taking hold there; this is a classic case of squandering all the potential establishment of key industries - this would have seen great opportunities - establishment of a truck manufacturing base, and using this as an offshoot to come up with a dual use mine proof chassis for an IFV.

They took aboard South African designs and labelled them as indigenous this is what you call smart. Whilst we are fast asleep.
Thing is their leadership care about their soldiers and their lives. They are not of the view that causalities happen in a war. And ours don't care.

1659272588393.png

1659272611058.png

1659272703630.png

1659272741759.png

Turkey alone has several companies which offer great MRAP but our leadership I still have no clue why they are not investing in MRAP. And please don't give me budget crap. We are facing war on terror for past 16 years. We have bought thousands of different weapon systems since then. Way expensive then these MRAP. Only thing which we are not focusing on are MRAP for soldiers.

View attachment 866662
View attachment 866663
View attachment 866664
View attachment 866666
Turkey alone has several companies which offer great MRAP but our leadership I still have no clue why they are not investing in MRAP. And please don't give me budget crap. We are facing war on terror for past 16 years. We have bought thousands of different weapon systems since then. Way expensive then these MRAP. Only thing which we are not focusing on are MRAP for soldiers.
raja jee abhi inventory mey 500+ mrap hain hamarey pass including Maxx Pros, Cassapirs & lencos that is more than current Indian inventory.

View attachment 866662
View attachment 866663
View attachment 866664
View attachment 866666
MRAPS= pretty useless in a conventional war.

Do remember, our primary threat is India, hence the procurement focus being things to use against them.

Back
Top Bottom