What's new

Pakistan and France sign MoU on technical collaboration for JF-17 Thunder

Thank U for the info. So apparently French company means that the same looms wud also be produced for Atar engine and any other one we wanted as its all about TOT. So its not just JF-17 thats benefiting here I guess.
Yes it is ToT means Pakistan can produce and utilise as much as it wants though the details of the agreement are not clear yet but it marks a big step for indigenous development and we will be able to use this tech in many critical applications where high temperatures are involved like power generation, next gen A/C or other military and civil A/C...even in ICE etc etc

how much assistance would they give india signed a deal with them worth billions, the technical assistance will be minimal my 2 pence.

Can we expect Avionics + ECM package for JF-17 and possibly french engine?
The engine is where I would look, the French allowed Pakistan to have an MRO facility for the Mirage engines something that will be harder to get from the Russians.

I thought India had so much leverage over France not to collaborate with Pakistan due to their super duper Rafale deal, so how did this happen?

I think France has back stabbed India as soon as the Indians signed the Rafale deal.

It's a Contract /MOU let's not blow this out of proportion with speculations it's done move on

Do not turn this into another drama in pak or Indian movie ;)

The MoU is for assistance with overhauling the JF-17. I fail to understand, why do we need French assistance for an aircraft that we supposedly manufacture for ourselves?

The French were looking at USD 40 Billion from India which could never have materialised. What they got is not even half hence they invested in the Tejas, but that would not give them much as all that needs to be reinvested in India.

Dassault never considered the Cold War to end this soon while developing Rafales. To make matters worse Economic Crisis hit them even harder than their rival Euro Fighter Typhoon. This gave rise to the market of single engine aircraft, which fell on F-16's and Gripen which are expensive and sanction prone..

PAF has a product that can fill this role, unfortunately it does not have western technology. This opens up a ready made option for those companies that are interested in encashing. So Pakistan can see France and possibly other European countries joining in the near future.

And Indian's were gung ho about closing the doors for close cooperation between France and Pakistan since they bought Rafale !!!

Dear MK,

You are many things...but a prophet?

Just pulling your leg.

I do also believe a couple buyers from ME are committed here...hence the French, Italian MoUs. French part is more interesting. A lot of French sub-systems can find their way into JF for the buyers. And French will do it for money. Big money here.

EJ200 might just also find its way for the said buyers as well. So, practically, Pak bird becomes a Euro fighter sans airframe.

My sense is that JF is to become Mig21 of 21st century.

All those meetings, expressed interests by ME players is moving in the right direction.

Hopefully, Pak can bag the cat for once.

Over to you.

The MoU is for assistance with overhauling the JF-17. I fail to understand, why do we need French assistance for an aircraft that we supposedly manufacture for ourselves?

this MOU is to change the harness of RD-93, after that we will have the technology of making harness for jet engine's hots zones

Pakistan Air Force signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with a French company on technical collaboration in production of JF-17 Thunder jets.

As per the MoU, the French company will provide technical assistance to Pakistan Air Force for electrification of JF-17 Thunder jets during the ongoing IDEAS 2016, local media reported Thursday.

Air Commodore Waqar Haider signed the said MoU with the French company.

Earlier at the expo Pakistan also signed an agreement with Turkey to sell 52 Super Mushak basic trainers and is preparing Super Mushak jets for Nigeria and Qatar.

Back
Top Bottom