What's new

Pakistan and France sign MoU on technical collaboration for JF-17 Thunder

Just love how a lot of members here think the only "electronics" in an aircraft is avionics! :D

If it's electrification, it is the electric wiring to the onboard systems.. For a fighter jet there will be a 40/60kVA generator which produces 120/208 400Hz 3-phase voltages.. It is driven by a hydraulic constant speed drivehigherhigher from the engine.. There is also a backup generator and multiple batteries. The 3-phase AC can be easily converted to 28VDC using a transformer-rectifier unit (TRU)...
This power will be distributed through a distributor through numerous electric connections.. ( Got it from a site not know it is correct)
Not a high tech field.. It's similar to electrical system in automobiles.. ;)

That's a good news for "isolated" Pakistan

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's electrification, it is the electric wiring to the onboard systems.. For a fighter jet there will be a 40/60kVA generator which produces 120/208 400Hz 3-phase voltages.. It is driven by a hydraulic constant speed drivehigherhigher from the engine.. There is also a backup generator and multiple batteries. The 3-phase AC can be easily converted to 28VDC using a transformer-rectifier unit (TRU)...
This power will be distributed through a distributor through numerous electric connections.. ( Got it from a site not know it is correct)
Not a high tech field.. It's similar to electrical system in automobiles.. ;)
There is a difference between the diesel engine in your truck and an afterburning turbofan.

@MastanKhan ....Sir, French avionics and JF-17 ??? ;) :D Or I m getting too excited?

Hi,

What that means is that there are foreign buyers for the JF17---and now that the French have signed up the indians---they can chose to do whatever they want----.

A minimum possible sales figure of 500+++ JF17 is being looked at in the next 10 years---.

Does it include the needs of the Paf----I do not know that yet---. But the French don't want to be left behind---.

If France has orders from India, we could order them from Italy, though I heard China is developing a missile similar to the meteor for the J-20 that could be implemented on the JF-17.

It's called PL-21D.

Hi,

What that means is that there are foreign buyers for the JF17---and now that the French have signed up the indians---they can chose to do whatever they want----.

A minimum possible sales figure of 500+++ JF17 is being looked at in the next 10 years---.

Does it include the needs of the Paf----I do not know that yet---. But the French don't want to be left behind---.

Dear MK,

You are many things...but a prophet?

Just pulling your leg.

I do also believe a couple buyers from ME are committed here...hence the French, Italian MoUs. French part is more interesting. A lot of French sub-systems can find their way into JF for the buyers. And French will do it for money. Big money here.

EJ200 might just also find its way for the said buyers as well. So, practically, Pak bird becomes a Euro fighter sans airframe.

My sense is that JF is to become Mig21 of 21st century.

All those meetings, expressed interests by ME players is moving in the right direction.

Hopefully, Pak can bag the cat for once.

Over to you.

Ur rite, its Electronic Systems, rather than Electrification..... Experts can clarify further :-)
Pakistan and France must be re activating nearly 4 years old,1Billion Doller worth agreement of providig French Avionics for JF-17.France being France, cancelled this contract under the Indian Govt pressure and in the hope of getting the the "deal of the century"of 126 Rafale fighter/bomber worth 12Billion Doller.France abrogated the contract citing the security reasons of Pakistan transferring French technology to China.In the end India agreed to buy only 26 Rafale though.Pakistan on the other hand has moved ahead with AESA for JF-17MkIII and might not require the complete package any more.

Electrification of JF-17??? What kind of electrification are we actually talking about here?

There is a hell of difference between "Electrification of JF-17" and "Electronic System of JF-17". Seems no one in media is having even an iota of idea whats this all about...
It is not electronic or avionic systems. It is about electrical harnesses or simply you can say electrical wiring running through out the body of the airplane supplying power to different systems. Under this MoU, the harnesses going through hot areas like engine will be made in Pakistan under ToT and thus we will be able to repair our engines and systems totally indigenously.
It may seems to an insignificant or it may have less worth the chest thumping enthusiasts, it is in fact a significant from maintenance and indigenisation point of views.

It is not electronic or avionic systems. It is about electrical harnesses or simply you can electrical wiring running through out the body of the airplane supplying power to different systems. Under this MoU, the harnesses going through hot areas like engine will be made in Pakistan under ToT and thus we will be able to repair our engines and systems totally indigenuously.

Thank U for the info. So apparently French company means that the same looms wud also be produced for Atar engine and any other one we wanted as its all about TOT. So its not just JF-17 thats benefiting here I guess.

Back
Top Bottom