What's new

Pakistan and France sign MoU on technical collaboration for JF-17 Thunder

wiki is not reliable source, and Russia is offering upgraded version of RD-93 what France has now in it's class? For that they will have to upgrade Snecma M88 and we have to pay for it, EJ-200 seems better option for western engine for high end version of JFT.

But still if Pakistan and France agree to extend cooperation in defence sector then France have plenty to offer.
Too many stakeholders in the Eurojet consortium, Germany, Italy, UK, and Spain.

I would stick with the French, a more improved variant such as the Snecma M-88 3 would be good.

Wouldn't Russians and/or Chinese could help with that.We already do overhauling of Engines used in our Mirages.

I think this TOT option was not available to us with either of these mention countries, about Russia it is understandable but why not China.... ?? I can't comment.

I think this TOT option was not available to us with either of these mention countries, about Russia it is understandable but why not China.... ?? I can't comment.
There's no need for ToT for overhauling in the first place If Russians could sell these engines through China, they could also arrange for overhauling. The Chinese being the major operators of Russian engines wouldn't have been able to maintain their force size if they couldn't overhaul Russian engines (Especially given the short service life vs Western ones).

There's no need for ToT for overhauling in the first place If Russians could sell these engines through China, they could also arrange for overhauling. The Chinese being the major operators of Russian engines wouldn't have been able to maintain their force size if they couldn't overhaul Russian engines (Especially given the short service life vs Western ones).

its not about the engine overhauling, its just about the electrical harness which are used in engine specially in hot zones of the engines we do have the technology of making electrical harness in house & we do make the harness for Mirage, J-7, & JF-17 but not for their engines this TOT will end the need to import the harness for engine hot zones .... there was a video (I am unable to find it now) about this agreement in which the guy form PAC brief about the stuff clearly, in short its not some diplomatic or political breakthrough (as some members are considering) but helpful for us in maintenance of RD-93 engines and will end the need to send these abroad

Too many stakeholders in the Eurojet consortium, Germany, Italy, UK, and Spain.

I would stick with the French, a more improved variant such as the Snecma M-88 3 would be good.

Not big issue because all stake holders can manufacture complete EFT including Engine so we can buy them from Italy or UK with ease if selected for JFT.

EJ-200 is also available with TVC.

@Blue Marlin your views

Not big issue because all stake holders can manufacture complete EFT including Engine so we can buy them from Italy or UK with ease if selected for JFT.
What are the odds of an EJ2000 for the Block 3? A more powerful engine is an obvious step forward for the Block 3.

What are the odds of an EJ2000 for the Block 3? A more powerful engine is an obvious step forward for the Block 3.

EJ-200 is very good if PAF desire a high end JFT , it means use of vary advance strong and lighter materials to build air frame and body to extend life and reduce weight which will allow more weight carrying capacity and better thrust to weight ratio, upgraded EJ-200 can allow increase in size of JFT possibly 20% like Advance Super Hornet.

EJ-200 is very good if PAF desire a high end JFT , it means use of vary advance strong and lighter materials to build air frame and body to extend life and reduce weight which will allow more weight carrying capacity and better thrust to weight ratio, upgraded EJ-200 can allow increase in size of JFT possibly 20% like Advance Super Hornet.
Is it better then the RD-93? Thrust, performance, durability etc..

There will be no technical collaboration in JF-17. Relationship would be more like france deliver specialized components based on our specs.
France can't help JF-17 from the point beyond it stands today!
However, PAF is definately interested in further refienment of RD93, where i see France can offer sensors or perhaps fuel mixture control alogrithm or could be custom made mechanical components as well.

its not about the engine overhauling, its just about the electrical harness which are used in engine specially in hot zones of the engines we do have the technology of making electrical harness in house & we do make the harness for Mirage, J-7, & JF-17 but not for their engines this TOT will end the need to import the harness for engine hot zones .... there was a video (I am unable to find it now) about this agreement in which the guy form PAC brief about the stuff clearly, in short its not some diplomatic or political breakthrough (as some members are considering) but helpful for us in maintenance of RD-93 engines and will end the need to send these abroad

@SBD-3 this is the video I was talking ...

Back
Top Bottom