What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

New sqn badges

The following new sqn are raised in last decade or less does any one has their badges
Or sqn insignia ?
1. No 4 sqn awacs k-3
2 No 10 mrtt sqn il78
3 No 13 awacs sqn Saab 2K
4 No 21 transport sqn c130

THE C130 ABOVE is from 6 sqn badge on the nose rhs

This fills the gap from 1 to 27 sqn plus 41 sqn being the 28th sqn and counting Ccs as 1 full sqn strength (jf, f7 and mirages) makes paf total 29 sqns of course not counting risal-pur based training sqn (2 wings) and 7/8 heli sqns

These sqdns were number plated so actually not entirely new

looks like 10 sqn mrtt

upload_2016-12-20_17-48-45.png

Just a nice pic

Attachments

• 1482293753375.jpg
    1482293753375.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 128
hqFWSsx.jpg

I have seen depo video with this kind of laser bomb on display but no where any specific details are available, there were janes in the past stating pak is license building gbu-12/10 no where seen a model at ideas expo may be it's only for internal consumption and cannot be exported but again why in depo video? ??

View attachment 362331

I have seen depo video with this kind of laser bomb on display but no where any specific details are available, there were janes in the past stating pak is license building gbu-12/10 no where seen a model at ideas expo may be it's only for internal consumption and cannot be exported but again why in depo video? ??

GBU kits are purchased from USA.

1482551181299.jpg
FC31 02
The latest images suggested that the high-speed taxi test of the 02 prototype started on December 18, 2016. Itsfirst flight took place on December 23, 2016, powered by two smokeless WS-13E engines.

- Last Updated 12/23/16

Last edited:
Can you tell me if maripur base is being shifted ? is this true or wrong news?

Can you tell me if maripur base is being shifted ? is this true or wrong news?

It shd be shifted, surrounded by populated areas.

J31 news is not too encouraging.

The J-31 project appears to have fallen much first behind. There were numerous reports in this year that both PLAAF and PLAN have rejected the current iteration of this aircraft. It looks like SAC is continuing to privately fund this project and recently flew the second prototype. Since J-20 is unlikely to be purchased in large number (probably in similar numbers of F-22), there will be a requirement for a lower cost 5th generation fighter jet. SAC is building a limited number of prototypes to continue to showcase an improved demonstrator. At some point, it is hoping to capture more funding from PLA in order to really ramp up the development work for J-31. It would be a sad day for SAC if it looses both the light 5th gen aircraft and 2nd generation naval aircraft project to CAC.

WS-13E engine achieved design certification this year. The second FC-31 prototype may be powered by this engine. It could also be used to power JF-17 and UCAV projects. So, I think this is one development that should be carefully watched.

It shd be shifted, surrounded by populated areas.

J31 news is not too encouraging.

The J-31 project appears to have fallen much first behind. There were numerous reports in this year that both PLAAF and PLAN have rejected the current iteration of this aircraft. It looks like SAC is continuing to privately fund this project and recently flew the second prototype. Since J-20 is unlikely to be purchased in large number (probably in similar numbers of F-22), there will be a requirement for a lower cost 5th generation fighter jet. SAC is building a limited number of prototypes to continue to showcase an improved demonstrator. At some point, it is hoping to capture more funding from PLA in order to really ramp up the development work for J-31. It would be a sad day for SAC if it looses both the light 5th gen aircraft and 2nd generation naval aircraft project to CAC.

WS-13E engine achieved design certification this year. The second FC-31 prototype may be powered by this engine. It could also be used to power JF-17 and UCAV projects. So, I think this is one development that should be carefully watched.
I heard its being relocated at thatta and the maripu r is given to chinesse any reality into this news update i got from some one ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom