What's new

Pakistan again test-fires Babur Missile with range 700km

Rafi bhai,

I hate to drift from topic but i had to give an answer what MK sahib wrote :D

I have heard something but without any confirmation so any info in that regard would be much appreciated. The current version that was tested is SUPPOSEDLY a 1000 km Naval version but range was restricted to 700-750. Also, each Babur version tested to date has something new. Last one a better TERCOM mode.

It may not be down everyone's ally, none the less the following makes an interesting read.

No8-Squadron-Succeeds-large.jpg

Flying a few feet above the Arabian Sea, the two Mirage pilots are impressed by the awesome silhouette of the nuclear-powered Abraham Lincoln as the carrier looms gradually above the sea curvature, dead on the nose. The mission: To penetrate successfully the Carrier Task Force's early warning and perimeter defences and, to deliver a simulated Exocet guided missile attack on "the world's largest warship". The memorable sortie was flown during "Inspired Alert" - a Pakistan-US joint exercise. O.C. No. 8 Squadron, strictly following the ground rules, planned and led a simultaneous multidirectional attack profile against CVN-72, in an attempt to overload its defence. As two of the three Mirage pairs turned away, the lead Mirage carried out a simulated Exocet "launch" from several miles away, without meeting any of the ship's fighters. The Squadron Commander and his wingman later did a friendly fly by at the carrier's side, perhaps just as surprised as the Lincoln's crews, at the missed interception.

Wing Commander Asim Suleiman Leader and O.C. No 8 Squadron
Flight Lieutenant Ahmed Hassan Wingman.

Brother can u tell me the date of that Exercise i wana read more about the Great work of our boys

Nothing happens next ... We are just discussing scenarios to sink Aircraft Carriers ...

No offense but Advocating US superiority in every post is his moral duty.:D

That incident was apparently "allowed" by the American forces to get congress to "DO more"..
According to most.. the US knew the sub was coming, even the Carriers own sonar had it picked up.

Kitty Hawk was decommissioned in 2009.This fact contradicts with what you are saying.

What you are saying should only be considered a conspiracy.I am not saying that it is but it may be.

In general I don't think it is right to compare the Brahmos and the Babur. The Brahmos is supersonic, which makes it harder to intercept but gives it shorter range. It is more useful if you can afford a large navy and air force to be able to get within range of a carrier battle group and destroy it. The Babur is subsonic, which makes it easier to intercept but gives it longer range. For Pakistan to defend itself from an American carrier battle group, the Brahmos would not be that useful because it would be hard to get in range. The Babur on the other hand would be useful.

Nothing happens next ... We are just discussing scenarios to sink Aircraft Carriers ...

No offense but Advocating US superiority in every post is his moral duty.:D

I merely state facts, logically and impartially.

How can you discuss scenarios to sink any aircraft carrier without realizing that ANY power that is able to field an ACC in this day and age will have a significant number of other military assets too. You sink the ACC, then you must also consider what will happen next.

It is only logical.

I merely state facts, logically and impartially.

How can you discuss scenarios to sink any aircraft carrier without realizing that ANY power that is able to field an ACC in this day and age will have a significant number of other military assets too. You sink the ACC, then you must also consider what will happen next.

It is only logical.

I didn't say that what you are saying is wrong. But the topic we are discussing here is not about the possible retaliation of US.

I didn't say that what you are saying is wrong. But the topic we are discussing here is not about the possible retaliation of US.

I understand that too.

All I am saying is that one must always be aware of the consequences of any action being considered that is clearly an open act of war, no matter who does it and against whomsoever.

I understand that too.

All I am saying is that one must always be aware of the consequences of any action being considered that is clearly an open act of war, no matter who does it and against whomsoever.

Yes all you are saying is also understandable but it is turning the direction of the on going discussion. It will be very appreciable if you enlighten us and share some of your knowledge with us regarding the possibilites of attacking ACC.

Incase of India and Pakistan I see submarines as the best option against their carriers in future. What is your thought in that???

Yes all you are saying is also understandable but it is turning the direction of the on going discussion. It will be very appreciable if you enlighten us and share some of your knowledge with us regarding the possibilites of attacking ACC.

Incase of India and Pakistan I see submarines as the best option against their carriers in future. What is your thought in that???

I think that a few submarine-launched nuclear-tipped sea-skimming supersonic missiles from three different locations simultaneously should have a pretty good chance of destroying their target, with a huge counter-attack to inevitably follow.

Regarding US carriers this is the only argument by a poster aka (GAMBIT) in this forum that seems reasonable.

The USS Enterprise came within a step of dying on 14 January, 1969. Exploding weapons on the flight deck blew the ship apart all the way down to the waterline. Flaming jet fuel from the thirty two aircraft involved cascaded down through those many great wounds firing the interior of the ship.

bigEfire.com Ordeal of the USS Enterprise

The US learned much from WW II on large warship designs regarding compartmentalization to reduce the odds of sinking. If the above was at wartime, the Enterprise would have effect emergency deck repairs and continue to prosecute the war. Air operations would be limited but not completely ceased. One hit would not sink it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom