What's new

Pakistan again test-fires Babur Missile with range 700km

^^^
Please be formal. We have the ability for drones but it is political mess.
Not the topic.

Whatever we may argue, the result would be N.Capable missiles would be used to kill A/C/C and its support.
Nothing less, nothing more.

Right on target.
I know/agree what Ure saying but I guess U didn't hear the interview of the air Chief that its very easy to shoot down the drone but its extremely hard to stand after that. Cuz after that the Hell gonna get loose on our country or Air force such that won't find no place to hide...thats the main problem and thats why Mr Gilani ran to China to seek refuge for his country after the OBL incident in May 5th. Otherwise even a small kid can shoot that drone with any anti aircraft weapon no doubt about that. If we were able to withstand the retaliation from the US/NATO Airforce we would have shot down drones hundred times but the opposite is true...:smokin:

Okay, let's assume it is done. Now what happens next?
Then Mr. Zardari and Looterra Tolla will run to find some Nuclear proof underground bunkers to hide their @$$z..cuz then US gonna get chance to test every weapon on us including their Nukes as well as H2 bombs etc etc.....:lol:

Ironically, an excellent weapon to disable a US carrier is the Indian Brahmos, albeit much improved with sea skimming ability and evasive maneuvers.. four or so brahmos launched withing 160 km .. there is a fair chance that one will cause damage to the carrier.
Yes! Brahmos has that capability to disable the Carrier..very nicely said ...This means its a risk for us too then. We need to develop cruise missile for 3Macs speed too then...:smokin:

Tidal waves created by under water nuclear detonations are not very friendly to any kind of floating structures...

one very common diversion tactic used is to have 3 to 4 squardons of jets flying into the vicinity of a battle group to engage enemy figthers and AAM ships, and another wave of 2 to 3 squardons of anti ship carrying fighters coming in off an opposite direction.... there are way too many tactics available to strike battle groups...

Hi,

And where would paf gett all those aircraft from----and where would they be flying from---and what about air refeulling-----.Wouldn't it look very obvious when so many aircraft take off at one time.

Okay, let's assume it is done. Now what happens next?

I am assuming that this is done by surprise in what is essentially in idiotic move.
The immediate response would be mobilization of the closest CVBGs(not one but two).
The remaining ships of the attacked CVBG would launch massive strikes against military facilities on the Pakistani shoreline, the PN will not survive for long. If they can manage a few attacks by missile ships, few would be succesful.
PAF Masroor, Faisal, Badin radar, Jacobabad..
PN facilities such as those in Karachi, Ormara.. the strategic oil storage tanks.. all go.

It will be shock and awe.. ask the Iraqis about it.

Hi,

And where would paf gett all those aircraft from----and where would they be flying from---and what about air refeulling-----.Wouldn't it look very obvious when so many aircraft take off at one time.
It may not be down everyone's ally, none the less the following makes an interesting read.

No8-Squadron-Succeeds-large.jpg

Flying a few feet above the Arabian Sea, the two Mirage pilots are impressed by the awesome silhouette of the nuclear-powered Abraham Lincoln as the carrier looms gradually above the sea curvature, dead on the nose. The mission: To penetrate successfully the Carrier Task Force's early warning and perimeter defences and, to deliver a simulated Exocet guided missile attack on "the world's largest warship". The memorable sortie was flown during "Inspired Alert" - a Pakistan-US joint exercise. O.C. No. 8 Squadron, strictly following the ground rules, planned and led a simultaneous multidirectional attack profile against CVN-72, in an attempt to overload its defence. As two of the three Mirage pairs turned away, the lead Mirage carried out a simulated Exocet "launch" from several miles away, without meeting any of the ship's fighters. The Squadron Commander and his wingman later did a friendly fly by at the carrier's side, perhaps just as surprised as the Lincoln's crews, at the missed interception.

Wing Commander Asim Suleiman Leader and O.C. No 8 Squadron
Flight Lieutenant Ahmed Hassan Wingman.

Aiyain----Baain----Shaain-----keep on trying---.

* This kind of nonsense does not suit a former TT.

Whomsoever gave the example of USS stark and cole---that was a bad example---.

* yes it was out of context

DBC gave a good example of explosion on an ACC------.

* to a good extent..

First of all--we need to see how far the JF17 would have to fly to get to the target---then we have to assess what assets the opponent has in the air to keep an eye on the jf17 and from what distance----thirdly what air superiority fighters does the opponent have to confront the jf17's and at what distance----fourthly----knowing that the jf17's are based on a certain base----would the opponent had taken out the base including its assets before they were launched----.

* Assuming the ACC is in the vicinity of Arabian Ocean, i am talking in the light of a multitier attack which is not limited to fighter aircrafts alone but also include AshMs from various positions/ frigates, Submarines, even land based assets. In this kind of hypothetical attack, a massive force from air comprising of C-80x series, Exocets, Harpoons, for radar hunt, MAR-1s, for air to air combat, SD-10, Aim 120s, WVRs), from subs, Exocet, harpoon, C80x, torpedoes, and from land babur, C602, possibly C-80x series might be used. To add to their confusion, SRBMs with conventional warheads can be used as to create more panic, not necessarily to hit the ACC. The key word here is to inflict a massive thrust of incoming threats from various directions. No matter how fast their SAMS, how proficient their aircrafts, radars and jammers are, they will still sustain damage.

We need a higher standard of postings by the TT members---it would have been better to discuss the positioning of acc battle groupd, deployment and launching of your assets and how they will get there using what resources----how many missiles will be launched and how many will get throug and what kind of sensors the missiles have that they can capture just the acc----.

* Those who set parameters for selection know better than you and me what they are doing. You do not have to worry about this.

I am not talking about single missile scenario----you guys were talking about it----I talked about maybe from 25---50 missiles being launched at the battle group----how would that happen and under what conditions----.

Please don't try to impress by telling us about your attending defence conferences---tell us how it will be done----. Right now the concensus is that the aircraft carrier cannot be targeted just by conventional missiles----.

* MK, it would be better for you not to discuss things you have no knowledge about.

You ought to have a large number of air assets just to get close-----and be able to suffer major losses just to take out the surface fleet---please discuss in form of real battle scenario. Thank you.

* Yes any strike force will suffer major losses, no argument in this. Hitting the battle group is no joke and IF ever happened, the US will take it as a blow to their pride and will unleash their might. I will say it again, it is very difficult but not impossible.

We may think of another possibility.

If we send one of our Thunder with Ra'ad (1400 KM of Thunder and 350 KM of Ra'ad) would mean we can hit targets only 1750KM.
And we can expect them to scramble their jets after us, so it needs to be accompanied by two formations of fighters. This is the Anti-A/C/C we are talking about which needs to be destroyed.

Won't the PAF be busy handling other Air Wars? Where would we get these excessive jets from?
Doesn't make sense Nabil.

We may think of another possibility.

If we send one of our Thunder with Ra'ad (1400 KM of Thunder and 350 KM of Ra'ad) would mean we can hit targets only 1750KM.
And we can expect them to scramble their jets after us, so it needs to be accompanied by two formations of fighters. This is the Anti-A/C/C we are talking about which needs to be destroyed.

Won't the PAF be busy handling other Air Wars? Where would we get these excessive jets from?
Doesn't make sense Nabil.

who is saying to put 10 sqd in it? look at it as a scenario not otherwise.

Aiyain----Baain----Shaain-----keep on trying---.

* This kind of nonsense does not suit a former TT.

Whomsoever gave the example of USS stark and cole---that was a bad example---.

* yes it was out of context

DBC gave a good example of explosion on an ACC------.

* to a good extent..

First of all--we need to see how far the JF17 would have to fly to get to the target---then we have to assess what assets the opponent has in the air to keep an eye on the jf17 and from what distance----thirdly what air superiority fighters does the opponent have to confront the jf17's and at what distance----fourthly----knowing that the jf17's are based on a certain base----would the opponent had taken out the base including its assets before they were launched----.

* Assuming the ACC is in the vicinity of Arabian Ocean, i am talking in the light of a multitier attack which is not limited to fighter aircrafts alone but also include AshMs from various positions/ frigates, Submarines, even land based assets. In this kind of hypothetical attack, a massive force from air comprising of C-80x series, Exocets, Harpoons, for radar hunt, MAR-1s, for air to air combat, SD-10, Aim 120s, WVRs), from subs, Exocet, harpoon, C80x, torpedoes, and from land babur, C602, possibly C-80x series might be used. To add to their confusion, SRBMs with conventional warheads can be used as to create more panic, not necessarily to hit the ACC. The key word here is to inflict a massive thrust of incoming threats from various directions. No matter how fast their SAMS, how proficient their aircrafts, radars and jammers are, they will still sustain damage.

We need a higher standard of postings by the TT members---it would have been better to discuss the positioning of acc battle groupd, deployment and launching of your assets and how they will get there using what resources----how many missiles will be launched and how many will get throug and what kind of sensors the missiles have that they can capture just the acc----.

* Those who set parameters for selection know better than you and me what they are doing. You do not have to worry about this.

I am not talking about single missile scenario----you guys were talking about it----I talked about maybe from 25---50 missiles being launched at the battle group----how would that happen and under what conditions----.

Please don't try to impress by telling us about your attending defence conferences---tell us how it will be done----. Right now the concensus is that the aircraft carrier cannot be targeted just by conventional missiles----.

* MK, it would be better for you not to discuss things you have no knowledge about.

You ought to have a large number of air assets just to get close-----and be able to suffer major losses just to take out the surface fleet---please discuss in form of real battle scenario. Thank you.

* Yes any strike force will suffer major losses, no argument in this. Hitting the battle group is no joke and IF ever happened, the US will take it as a blow to their pride and will unleash their might. I will say it again, it is very difficult but not impossible.
U know nabil I have an idea I can tell U. that U can take over the aircraft without even shooting any missile at it. and I guess that is very easy. They will be amazed if its done....I guess we don't need to discuss everything over here cuz they will get our Ideas and get ready beforehand....we will get an inside mole.....thats so easy.......:D

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

we don't need to waste our so much energy for just a single aircraft carrier. Let Mastan Khan and US be happi....:smokin:

I don't think that PAF even have gutts to attack the aircraft carrier. Upto now they couldn't shoot down a small drone how they gonna attack the biggest and the highest tech system within the US arsenal. We will believe when we will see it. Other than that everything is crap I guess. Right now the big claims to taking down the Aircraft carriers especially by us is mere exaggeration or to fool the public, yeah if we bring China into the equation,Yes! then we can do that:lol:

need i remind you that Pakistan was the first air force in the world to down a UAV using an air asset (an F16)

Pakistan could surely sink indian carrier and everything on it; however it would have to be during war-time when the gloves are off; obviously the carrier would be provided air support so there would obviously be resistance...its not a fishing boat, its carrying assets of the iaf

This thread is about the test firing of Babur, where did sinking carriers come into it. There will be no war between US and us, if the US attacked us, they have the capability to make us suffer heavily, but if they lost all influence, it will be like winning the battle and loosing the war, the last thing anybody needs is a hostile very large country on the Straits of Hormuz.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

need i remind you that Pakistan was the first air force in the world to down a UAV using an air asset (an F16)

Pakistan could surely sink indian carrier and everything on it; however it would have to be during war-time when the gloves are off; obviously the carrier would be provided air support so there would obviously be resistance...its not a fishing boat, its carrying assets of the iaf

There carrier can only carry about 12 armed aircraft.

It may not be down everyone's ally, none the less the following makes an interesting read.

No8-Squadron-Succeeds-large.jpg

Flying a few feet above the Arabian Sea, the two Mirage pilots are impressed by the awesome silhouette of the nuclear-powered Abraham Lincoln as the carrier looms gradually above the sea curvature, dead on the nose. The mission: To penetrate successfully the Carrier Task Force's early warning and perimeter defences and, to deliver a simulated Exocet guided missile attack on "the world's largest warship". The memorable sortie was flown during "Inspired Alert" - a Pakistan-US joint exercise. O.C. No. 8 Squadron, strictly following the ground rules, planned and led a simultaneous multidirectional attack profile against CVN-72, in an attempt to overload its defence. As two of the three Mirage pairs turned away, the lead Mirage carried out a simulated Exocet "launch" from several miles away, without meeting any of the ship's fighters. The Squadron Commander and his wingman later did a friendly fly by at the carrier's side, perhaps just as surprised as the Lincoln's crews, at the missed interception.

Wing Commander Asim Suleiman Leader and O.C. No 8 Squadron
Flight Lieutenant Ahmed Hassan Wingman.

MK n Vcheng n others should take a look at this...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom