What's new

Pak to get 40 MRAP vehicles

@jhungary with respect to current events in Pakistan-Afghan border , do you think it will be a good Decision for Pakistan to send its ground troops within 20-30 KM inside Afghanistan to eliminate the threat or using Artillery will be a better solution ? and how can we use these MRAPS in this Operation ?

You need to stabilise your border, before you can quell the internal insurgency.

Several years ago, I have said the problem in afghanistan is that thee remote border between Pakistan and Afghanistan is too open, when the US pushes Taliban from Afghanistan, they melt back over to Pakistan, but when the Pakistani try to push TTP out, they went into Afghanistan. The mutual support is there, but we need to push together to squeeze out the Tali. Both NATO and Pakistan did not do that, hence the problem presist today. What we are doing in the last 16 years of war is to pushes Taliban back and forth from Afghanistan and Pakistan. That's it, we did not eleminate anything during all those year ....

For the situation now, Pakistan need to close (really close) its border with Afghanistan and limit the foot traffic between the two country, the the insurgency will lose momentum in the south. I would probably push the Fronntier Corp into key area, stopping the crossing, then using Special Force and hit Key region in FATA area, eventually if both hold, you will have a less chaotic Southern/Western region.

Intrude into Afghanistan can be done if you can control your border, otherwise you push, they melt, you are simply repeating what the ISAF did during the last 17 years.

MRAPS can be used to transfer SF unit safely into and out of the hot spot. It alsoo help Pakistan by keeping the road open inside Pakistan so people are freely able to move within these area, this will increase trust and win hearts and minds for the government.

the situation does not allow a pin point artillery strike, it's always a manuever warfare, you need to use light infantry or special force for the job, then march the army in and stabilise the region after SF dislodge the hotspot. This is what I see as the only way to go.

You need to stabilise your border, before you can quell the internal insurgency.

Several years ago, I have said the problem in afghanistan is that thee remote border between Pakistan and Afghanistan is too open, when the US pushes Taliban from Afghanistan, they melt back over to Pakistan, but when the Pakistani try to push TTP out, they went into Afghanistan. The mutual support is there, but we need to push together to squeeze out the Tali. Both NATO and Pakistan did not do that, hence the problem presist today. What we are doing in the last 16 years of war is to pushes Taliban back and forth from Afghanistan and Pakistan. That's it, we did not eleminate anything during all those year ....

For the situation now, Pakistan need to close (really close) its border with Afghanistan and limit the foot traffic between the two country, the the insurgency will lose momentum in the south. I would probably push the Fronntier Corp into key area, stopping the crossing, then using Special Force and hit Key region in FATA area, eventually if both hold, you will have a less chaotic Southern/Western region.

Intrude into Afghanistan can be done if you can control your border, otherwise you push, they melt, you are simply repeating what the ISAF did during the last 17 years.

MRAPS can be used to transfer SF unit safely into and out of the hot spot. It alsoo help Pakistan by keeping the road open inside Pakistan so people are freely able to move within these area, this will increase trust and win hearts and minds for the government.

the situation does not allow a pin point artillery strike, it's always a manuever warfare, you need to use light infantry or special force for the job, then march the army in and stabilise the region after SF dislodge the hotspot. This is what I see as the only way to go.

Pakistan has closed borders with Afghanistan, after the recent waves of Attacks .. there is a thread running that 11 terrorist killed during the illegal incursion but we lost two of our men in duty too ..
Close down the border to the extent we can, but you are in Afghanistan so you know better than anyone about the harsh terrain of Pak-Afghan border , there are caves , mountains and rivers which is very hard to block and than there is a problem of sympathetic people on both sides of border ..

I agree with you that US and Pakistan need to push them both together to crush them once and for all, but as our COAS recently called American forces Commander in Afghanistan, maybe there was some sort of acceptance shown from US that Pakistan can target the elements inside Afghanistan , American can be very useful with their drones in that Area .. you think there can be a mutual high end Operation to squeeze the Terrorist from both sides ?

https://defence.pk/threads/border-security-kills-11-crossing-in-from-afghanistan.478910/
sorry for a bit off - Topic ..

Pakistan has closed borders with Afghanistan, after the recent waves of Attacks .. there is a thread running that 11 terrorist killed during the illegal incursion but we lost two of our men in duty too ..
Close down the border to the extent we can, but you are in Afghanistan so you know better than anyone about the harsh terrain of Pak-Afghan border , there are caves , mountains and rivers which is very hard to block and than there is a problem of sympathetic people on both sides of border ..

I agree with you that US and Pakistan need to push them both together to crush them once and for all, but as our COAS recently called American forces Commander in Afghanistan, maybe there was some sort of acceptance shown from US that Pakistan can target the elements inside Afghanistan , American can be very useful with their drones in that Area .. you think there can be a mutual high end Operation to squeeze the Terrorist from both sides ?

https://defence.pk/threads/border-security-kills-11-crossing-in-from-afghanistan.478910/
sorry for a bit off - Topic ..

This is actually why I said this is a movement war, it's a manuever war.

Pakistan treated the current border as a static/convvention warfare, the thing is, you don't need to actual secure the whole border, but monitor and react to the intrusion and fight with speed and mobility along with good intelligence. Trying to secure the whole border (which is what you guys are currently doing) meaning you won't have enough hand to go thru every inch, and most of the time, your border guard is doing nothing because not all of along the border are active. You are simply wasting resource to try and secure the whole border.

What you need to do is to block the choke point and then using those point and start collecting intel by any mean you can, and have forces ready to face anything at anytime within anywhere at your border. Only then you can secure the border.

I don't think there are much chances now for US to work with Pakistan, the first thing being US is gradually ignoring afghanistan and trying to refocus elsewhere, and then the US stock has slummed since the 2001 invasion in afghanistan, in 2004 or 2005 maybe we can do something about it, but after 2010, there are virtually no chance for US and Pakistan to work together. Even if both country want to start something, US Forces in Pakistan is not as big as before and cannot influence anywhere but the ground they are standing on. I doubt the US force can actually launch an offensive now in Afghanistan with the current number.

On the other hand, drone strike is a good way to stop the insurgency, as you basically target individual, but flying US drone inside Pakistan would sees as an intrusion of Pakistan sovereignty, and US will never allow other country to fly its drone, that mean you need to use the Chinese drone more and start targetting HPT

This is actually why I said this is a movement war, it's a manuever war.

Pakistan treated the current border as a static/convvention warfare, the thing is, you don't need to actual secure the whole border, but monitor and react to the intrusion and fight with speed and mobility along with good intelligence. Trying to secure the whole border (which is what you guys are currently doing) meaning you won't have enough hand to go thru every inch, and most of the time, your border guard is doing nothing because not all of along the border are active. You are simply wasting resource to try and secure the whole border.

What you need to do is to block the choke point and then using those point and start collecting intel by any mean you can, and have forces ready to face anything at anytime within anywhere at your border. Only then you can secure the border.

I don't think there are much chances now for US to work with Pakistan, the first thing being US is gradually ignoring afghanistan and trying to refocus elsewhere, and then the US stock has slummed since the 2001 invasion in afghanistan, in 2004 or 2005 maybe we can do something about it, but after 2010, there are virtually no chance for US and Pakistan to work together. Even if both country want to start something, US Forces in Pakistan is not as big as before and cannot influence anywhere but the ground they are standing on. I doubt the US force can actually launch an offensive now in Afghanistan with the current number.

On the other hand, drone strike is a good way to stop the insurgency, as you basically target individual, but flying US drone inside Pakistan would sees as an intrusion of Pakistan sovereignty, and US will never allow other country to fly its drone, that mean you need to use the Chinese drone more and start targetting HPT

Thanks for your detailed Reply :tup:

This is a death trap; flat surface..... friend, read up on basic physics principals and v shape.

Paramount, Nyala, Mamba.... they are all same pedigree..... This is what you need. Man, i am disappointed to see rubbish from US makers while basic good solutions that can be achieved with unimog chassis. When we could do it in the 70' it is shocking to see that this conversation is being had 40 years later... Just call up my former employer or Paramount or buy the surplus Casspirs/buffels in thousands which are in storage.
That picture of EQ2050 was suggested as a Toyota pickup replacement. Please read carefully before you write something. Morons everywhere :hitwall:

It don't look like MRAP, no V shape hull design too.
You too read carefully . it was a Reply to replacement of Toyota pick up. Not mrap.

That picture of EQ2050 was suggested as a Toyota pickup replacement. Please read carefully before you write something. Morons everywhere :hitwall:

You too read carefully . it was a Reply to replacement of Toyota pick up. Not mrap.
stop using foul language. what is it with you? Look at yourself in mirror first.

Serbia Unveils New Milosh 4×4 Armoured Multi-Purpose Combat Vehicle at IDEX 2017

20170219_133226-01-696x522.jpeg

Milosh BOV M16 armoured multi-purpose combat vehicle . Photo by Petar Vojinovic
Serbia’s Yugoimport-SDPR unveiled the Milosh BOV M16 armoured multi-purpose combat vehicle at IDEX 2017 exhibition.

The Milosh BOV M16 is a new tactical armoured combat vehicle designed and manufactured by Yugoimport-SDPR in SDPR “Complex Battle Systems” factory in Velika Plana, Serbia.

The BOV M16 vehicle features a V-shaped hull design, integrating floating floor plates and blast mitigation seating to provide protection against mines and improvised explosive devices (IED).

The base vehicle has a length of 5.42m, width of 2.48m and height of 2.3m. Its gross weight ranges between 12,000kg and 14,000kg.

Milosh has a maximum speed of 110km/h and a cruising range of 600km.

The BOV M16 4X4 is an ideal platform for various applications such as “Reconnaissance”, “Command and Control” and “Homeland Security”. Ergonomic design makes operations easy.

28044_99123647_vimage2.jpg

http://defence-blog.com/army/serbia...ulti-purpose-combat-vehicle-at-idex-2017.html

Pakistan has given Navistar Defence, a US manufacturer, a $35 million contract to produce 40 mine-resistant ambush-protected (MRAP) MaxxPro Dash DXM vehicles for, IHS Jane's Defence Weekly reported on Wednesday.

58ad6860d82ba.jpg

A MaxxPro Dash. The US Army has awarded Navistar Defense a USD35 million contract to build 40 of these MRAPs for Pakistan. — IHS Jane's

The US Department of Defence (DoD) announced the deal in a statement issued on Feb 16.

Awarded under a US Foreign Military Sales contract, the deal also includes various support items, contractor logistics, and technical support services, the defence journal reported.

The project is set to be completed by October 2018. Work on the project will take place in West Point, Mississippi, and Pakistan.

Contract bids were solicited via the internet, with Navistar Defence's the only one received.
dawn.com

The project is set to be completed by October 2018. Work on the project will take place in West Point, Mississippi, and Pakistan.

Does that mean there will be production in Pakistan as well?

Does that mean there will be production in Pakistan as well?
Well as per my info, Pakistan never got anything under ToT from USA. For technology transfer, we have to look elsewhere i.e. Turkey, China or some European nations like France, SA, Brazil...

Well as per my info, Pakistan never got anything under ToT from USA. For technology transfer, we have to look elsewhere i.e. Turkey, China or some European nations like France, SA, Brazil...

That's why I was a little surprised because the article clearly says that a production site will be in Pakistan as well.

That's why I was a little surprised because the article clearly says that a production site will be in Pakistan as well.
Would you like to share where and in which article because I didn't read any such line in the link shared by OP.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom