What's new

Pak Defence Budget reduced from $8.89 B to $7.56 B for FY 2022-2023 .

We must also remember that Defence Budget is federal while Education and Health are provincial subjects after 18th Amendment 2010 .

What is new in it whole nation income is reduced in dollar term so every spending in all national accounts is reduces whether it is education or health or infrastructure development so civilian spending is also reduced in dollar terms

First of all, defence budget is not just allocation of resources for Army, but Armed Forces collectively.
Secondly, this forum is swarming with ignorant people who regurgitate the same old myths over and over again and litter every thread with it. I am so sick and tired of these anti-army sentiments.
If our Army was so corrupt and intolerant as you guys portray in Papa Johns and Black Vigo memes, you snakes should not have seen the morning following your first spit of venom.
cherry blossom

This is the second thread where I am confused for being a soldier. But I am just a jobless civilian trying to reason.

I will try to answer your question:

You are right in your views when you point out the BrahMos landing inside Pakistan. It did tarnish the image of our national security. But, we had a passive stance. Why? Because there was no military buildup near the border from the enemy side neither there were any recent events which should have kept us on our toes- no indicators of hostile intentions. So we were not in an aggressive mode to attack or defend.

Since I am not a soldier and not an expert either, I am bound to commit mistakes in my explanation due to lack of knowledge and understanding. So please bear with me.

Our Army and PAF Air Defense would have detected an incoming projectile which was changing its trajectory and approaching our territory. They too would have been confused by what they were seeing on their radars and would have conveyed it to their superiors but would have still actively tracked its location till it landed. Then probably teams would have been dispatched to analyze the situation who would have taken time to reach the location and conduct an examination. No warhead was found on this missile. Means, it was not meant to target any place.

Now Pakistani policymakers are trying to come up with policies as to what should be done in such cases. My own personal suggestion is, we should have clear and aggressive policies. India needs to be told such misadventures and malfunctions would have repercussions in the form of nuclear retaliation or at least a conventional attack taking out the launch pad.
How one can know that it was with out warhead until it reached the destination so why no reaction where is HQ 9

How one can know that it was with out warhead until it reached the destination so why no reaction where is HQ 9
I have already stated we were not in a state of war. So we were not expecting any attack. Otherwise we would have definitely striked them back. But then what you are saying is exactly why I have suggested that it needs to be brought in India`s notice that next time we would consider it an attack and our retaliation would be a nuke or at least a conventional weapon which would target the sorry launch pad it had malfunctioned from.

Again, I am nobody. So consider my statements an analysis of a layman.

I hope so Neutrals realize that a strong army needs more than a puppet show controlling a bunch of politicians while actually destroying the foundations of country, Strong Army needs a strong economy, good defence budget and a stable country..

IMF demanding multiple accounts of armed forces moved to one for 'keeping an eye' purpose is like me trying to keep track of my wife's credit cards.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN 😂

First of all, defence budget is not just allocation of resources for Army, but Armed Forces collectively.
Secondly, this forum is swarming with ignorant people who regurgitate the same old myths over and over again and litter every thread with it. I am so sick and tired of these anti-army sentiments.
If our Army was so corrupt and intolerant as you guys portray in Papa Johns and Black Vigo memes, you snakes should not have seen the morning following your first spit of venom.

Maybe you should consider why the largest and oldest Pakistani online defence community has such a problem with army leadership?

Strange isn't it?

Before 1998, China's military expenditure was less than 10 billion US dollars for a long time, but to maintain 3 million troops, the army had to be patient and give priority to economic development at that time. It was not until China's economic development that military spending increased, but the proportion was still very low. This year, China's military spending of US $230 billion accounts for only 1.15% of GDP, which is still very low. The investment in education is US $500 billion, which is twice that of military spending. It is difficult to increase military spending when the total economic output is not high. However, the advantage of Pakistan is that it can produce most of its own weapons, or buy them from China at a very low cost, greatly reducing costs, and even in the middle, I think many of them are interest-free loans and free parts, or loans first, and then cancel the loan. According to the previous questionnaire from China Global Network, should China expand its military aid to Pakistan? with 96% of people's support

Sad seeing army budget reduced.
Indias budget is always increasing and our enemies are always planning against us. A few traitors in the army shouldn’t be the reason we defund army. A strong military is needed. A strong military clear of traitors and American slaves.

payment regarding j10Cs, type054s,Milgem etc are not included so the budget is still way more

there shouldn't be increase in pension for anyone from military or civilian who has more than Rs 50,000 pension on monthly basis...their kids should support their parents as they will be earning as well and at the mean time, Rs50,000 is enough to support 2 ppl (retired fauji or civilian/ his/her spouse) despite of so much hyper inflation.

Maybe you should consider why the largest and oldest Pakistani online defence community has such a problem with army leadership?

Strange isn't it?
Because it`s full of veterans who are not happy with the policies of current leadership?
But I would say, there could be difference of opinion with individuals but not the institution itself. This is where people censure Army.

The defense budget should be compared as a percentage of Health or Education budget. That would give an accurate picture.

I will repeat. After April’s episode, there is no point in having an over bloated defense budget. The budget needs to reduce periodically.

Bajwa and co interfering in every other institutions means they have a spare budget. And in prevailing economic conditions and the grand miscalculation by establishment the Defense budget needs to reduce in Rs terms.

This is strictly a Operational budget consisting of salaries and Operational expenses.
This does not include Capital purchases and pensions. So it is misleading on face value 🤔

FU39l2iWIAANHiN.jpg

This is strictly a Operational budget consisting of salaries and Operational expenses.
This does not include Capital purchases and pensions. So it is misleading on face value 🤔

Acquisitions such J-10C, JF-17C, Parts etc. are also not counted, IMO

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom