What's new

Pak Defence Budget reduced from $8.89 B to $7.56 B for FY 2022-2023 .

How do you earn more money through Tax , when the FINANCE minister , who is owner of Candyland, is REDUCING his Raw Material IMPORT TAX, to promote his business?

All OTHER taxes have INCREASED.

Pakistan needs a defence budget of around 30 billion

Anything else is dangerous for Pakistans future

It is better for Pakistan's future for defence to have a limited budget for a few years to allow the economy grows.

Operationally they would have to shift to concentrate on defensive abilities, such as missiles, drones, and air defence. While scaling back all offensive capabilities for the time being.

For now it should be limited to 2.5% of GDP which is around 9 billion. Plus the option for the NA to release funding for specific operations. The budget should also be scrutinised twice a year by a parliamentary commitee to verify that all funds are being used appropriately.

Pakistan needs a defence budget of around 30 billion

Anything else is dangerous for Pakistans future
naah , 1 billion is enough....... we wont be doing any defence when the day for war come.... you will see!

Any defence budget to finance the stopping of the foreign sponsored regime change operations, by India, Israel and US.??

What would a NEUTRAL ARMY need a BUDGET??
We should outsource DEFENCE to NATO.

Defense budget of 1536 billion rupees should be reduced in Rs terms.

The generals are defending Pakistan (not US).

This is screwed up on so many levels. The budget should be reduced by 20% in Rs terms as compensation of what Bajwa’s miscalculation did to Pakistan’s economy.

And I don’t want to go on a rant of how the generals capitulated. Why would one need a bloated budget when you bend at receiving a fookin letter from Donald Lu.

I think everyone should sell their houses/families to the military. Does that sound good?

Khuch bi matlab.

I didn't say we could afford it, what I'm saying is we need a defence budget of around 30 billion to adequately protect Pakistan and our future

If you consider the defence budgets of other states, plus development costs etc for our 220 million people we need around 30 billion to plan and prepare for the future

Now obviously our economy can't handle that at the moment, but the question shouldn't be how do we reduce our defence budget to make money available for other requirements, the question should be how do we expand our economy to ensure we can adequately fund our defence and military needs as well as education, health etc

Look around the world, look at the costs if development of the various military programmes and a the need for a defence budget of around 30 billion is quite obvious

Previous yrs defense budget could not stop indian brahmos missile which landed in pakistan…..will it stop the next brahmos with this “30 billion” ??

Pakistan’s sovereignty was violated by Brahmos…….where were this brave military?? Why no reaction ?? How did it even cross the border!!!
You yourselves are to blame for doing nothing……either teach them a lesson within minutes or go home

Ye restraint restraint drama ab awaam nahi manta bhai saab…. Kuch kerke dikhaya hota to koi sawal na kerta …..???

Ap loag khud ye kerke apni izzat kho chukkay…..ab rotay kyoun ho?
This is the second thread where I am confused for being a soldier. But I am just a jobless civilian trying to reason.

I will try to answer your question:

You are right in your views when you point out the BrahMos landing inside Pakistan. It did tarnish the image of our national security. But, we had a passive stance. Why? Because there was no military buildup near the border from the enemy side neither there were any recent events which should have kept us on our toes- no indicators of hostile intentions. So we were not in an aggressive mode to attack or defend.

Since I am not a soldier and not an expert either, I am bound to commit mistakes in my explanation due to lack of knowledge and understanding. So please bear with me.

Our Army and PAF Air Defense would have detected an incoming projectile which was changing its trajectory and approaching our territory. They too would have been confused by what they were seeing on their radars and would have conveyed it to their superiors but would have still actively tracked its location till it landed. Then probably teams would have been dispatched to analyze the situation who would have taken time to reach the location and conduct an examination. No warhead was found on this missile. Means, it was not meant to target any place.

Now Pakistani policymakers are trying to come up with policies as to what should be done in such cases. My own personal suggestion is, we should have clear and aggressive policies. India needs to be told such misadventures and malfunctions would have repercussions in the form of nuclear retaliation or at least a conventional attack taking out the launch pad.

1)armed forces should see their share in being “neutral” and hence their budget should decrease.
There job is to protect our borders not our establishment
2)judges and high civilian bureaucracy should also see their share of gloom
3)why not close down all PSE at once, why should only armed forces be subject to criticism
4)why supporting industrialist by giving them subsidy, what have they given us, old Suzuki models etc
5)why supporting landlords and agriculturist by not taxing them, why should only poor, common man, salaried and pensioners give direct & indirect taxes
6)why not open borders for trade such as with India, yes and forget Kashmir as our establishment does care only for DHA and perks
7)why not open borders with Iran, yes GCC contributes large part of our remittance but as GCC is 1.7 trillion economy and is a economic power house then Iran is a 1.7trillion economy as well
8)why waste 140MAF water to the sea when we can produce 8times more then California who has only 40MAF water and produces much more then us
9)why subsidize our sugar industry hence making g sugar expensive just to make our leadership happy as they can only run sugar mills, why not import cheaper rate sugar?

And Many more
If we cannot fix it then should we do what East Pakistani did?
That entails many killed, orphaned and widowed
Not a best option

We used to make fun of Bangladeshis but they're proven smart, after getting freedom from Generals they have progressed economically, Hindustan haven't engulfed it (the story which these generals tell us to justify budgets), yes Bangladesh have to toe line of Hindustan but are we any different after having mazzails and nuclear bums? We should get ride of this scam.

Do they get oaod in dollars? Or is it dollars that they only count? By that logic our earnings are reduced every year.
Also why do they need budget? They earn 5 times that budget from doing all sorts of businesses and "services" along with "percentages".

With only $8b defense budget Pak is maintaining the 7th largest war machine, and that too on a standing position and active in intense COIN ops, in the world!!! Kargalar bile guler - even crows will laugh....

It shows how deep the available finances are for the Pak Deep State....

We used to make fun of Bangladeshis but they're proven smart, after getting freedom from Generals they have progressed economically, Hindustan haven't engulfed it (the story which these generals tell us to justify budgets), yes Bangladesh have to toe line of Hindustan but are we any different after having mazzails and nuclear bums? We should get ride of this scam.
No matter how treacherous some top generals are, going through the BD path IMO is no option for Pak. As far as BD's security is concerned, it's 100% by/of/for India! BD has only 8 frontline fighters purchased in 1999.....

What percentage of the defence budget goes to buying new equipment? Should be 25% in my opinion.

Also why do they need budget? They earn 5 times that budget from doing all sorts of businesses and "services" along with "percentages".
True. I read somewhere that Pakistan military has assets worth atleast 20 billion USD. The real number is much higher.

With only $8b defense budget Pak is maintaining the 7th largest war machine,
Bro do you really believe that the defence budget is only 8 billion USD? Maintaining the world's 6th largest nuclear arsenal, 7th largest air force in the world and a massive army with only 8 billion USD?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom